Together

Sweet Adventure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

University is hard work, much harder than Nayeon ever thought it would be. But at least she isn’t doing this alone. She’s at university with her girlfriend, Jeongyeon, and two of their best friends, Mina and Momo. All of them share an apartment on campus, with their own bedrooms but a shared living area. So, she’s pretty much never alone.

Which is fine by her, because Nayeon hates being alone. Being on her own means silence and boredom, not to mention not having any potential help at the task at hand. Yeah, being surrounded by people is the better option.

One morning, she sits at the table in their small kitchen, elbow rested on the table and her chin on her hand, sipping coffee with bleary eyes. The coffee is disgustingly bitter, but she hopes the caffeine will wake her up.

“Uh, I’m so tired!” she whines to no one in particular.

“I never would’ve guessed.”

Nayeon looks up, setting her coffee on the table. Jeongyeon stands before her, dressed and preened and ready for a day of lectures and studying, somehow looking wide awake despite it being the hideously early time of 7:30am.

Nayeon yawns. “Ohhh shut up, Jeongyeon yahh.”

Jeongyeon rolls her eyes. “You’re twenty-three years old, Nabong,” she says, using a nickname that Nayeon has been stuck with since she met Jeongyeon; to be honest, hearing it makes her smile. “Have you really not adjusted to university life yet?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Clearly not,” Nayeon says. She yawns again (why is yawning so damn contagious?), sits up straighter and picks her cup up. “I’ve never been a morning person.”

That makes Jeongyeon smile, a small smile quirking at the corners of her lips. “I noticed.”

“I’m a morning person,” Mina says, wandering into the kitchen. She rummages through the cabinets and starts to brew a pot of tea, all the while looking bright and full of energy. “I love the morning. Everything is so still and quiet and pretty.”

“Yeah, and that’s exactly why I hate the morning,” Nayeon mumbles, forcing herself to take a sip of her now lukewarm coffee. She manages to suppress the grimace the bitterness causes, but Jeongyeon still notices, an eyebrow raising. “Mornings .” Nayeon judge.

“Opinion noted,” Jeongyeon says.

“Would you like some tea, Jeongyeonnie?” Mina asks. “I’d ask Nayeon unnie, but she seems to be enjoying her coffee.”

Nayeon’s head snaps up. Is she about to miss out of a delicious Mina Tea just because she tried to drink coffee to wake herself up?

She gulps down the rest of her coffee and stands up. “No, look, I’ve finished! Can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter