-♡-

Don't Call Me 'Baby'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a bit more warnings: it turned out to be silly; you better don't take it seriously.

early merry christmas everyone who celebrates it♡ and happy upcoming new year! i hope 2019 will be pleasant for you and you will be happy^^ 

________

As long as Hyukjae remembered, he always loved to call his boyfriend ‘baby’. There was no any special meaning; a lot of people called a person they’re dating like this. Hyukjae simply thought that it’s a cute way to express his feelings towards Donghae.

His boyfriend, however, had a different opinion about it.

“Stop calling me ‘baby’!” he heard once again when he accidentally (or no?) called him like this.

They were in the middle of the shopping mall, looking for presents for their friends. Donghae has secretly bought a present for Hyukjae, so did the latter, so they simply had to buy some presents for family and other people they’re close to. Donghae was so adorable when he pouted once his boyfriend disagreed to buy an Anna doll (Hyukjae was sure Heechul will appreciate it, but he also thought that giving him the same present for the third Christmas will make their friend slightly angry), the latter couldn’t resist the urge to say, “Don’t pout, baby.”

And here they were again, with angry Donghae and confused Hyukjae staring at each other.

“But why?” the latter asked, already knowing an answer. Donghae groaned, flipping his long brunette hair out of anger.

“Because I dislike it!” he said, refusing to look into his boyfriend’s eyes. “I’ve already told you that.”

“You did. But you never explained why.”

“Can you just stop doing that like any nice boyfriend would?”

“Can you just give me an explanation like any nice person would?”

Donghae bit his lip, preventing himself from yelling. Every time. Every time when they had a conversation like that it turned out… this way. Hyukjae didn’t understand. He never did and never will, the brunette was sure about it. Once Donghae already tried to tell him about it, just used a cover “my friend has a problem…” in order to see his reaction at first. Hyukjae laughed and called his friend silly. It meant that he would think Donghae is silly too. It meant he won’t understand him.

It made him angry. And desperate. He has had a problem he’d love to talk about, but he couldn’t. And, well, Donghae was one of those people who tend to overthink. The more he thought about it, the worse he felt. And now, when he was extremely nervous (he always took an idea of giving gifts a bit too seriously) because he struggled with Christmas presents, he just lost it.

What was the point of him trying to explain this if a person he trusted the most won’t understand?

Hyukjae saw his boyfriend’s reaction. He saw how Donghae’s lower lip quivered, and he already knew that there’s going to be trouble. But he wasn’t even able to say something before the younger exclaimed, “If you don’t even understand what’s the problem here, we have nothing to talk about!”

You could tell Donghae wasn’t the best person when it came to expressing his feelings.

And so he left, leaving Hyukjae in the middle of the shop with all the things they’ve already chose in his hands. The latter sighed.

“Donghae,” he said softly, and the younger stopped in the middle of the hall, his back facing Hyukjae. He smiled, thinking that he won. “You have my wallet, give it back, please.”

Donghae grit his teeth, cursing at his boyfriend silently, and threw a wallet to him, leaving immediately, not giving Hyukjae a chance to tell him that the raven head wants him to stay.

“This kid,” he said, sighing.

Donghae has always been like this; he had quite a short temper. He was very emotional and got excited easily (way too easily, in Hyukjae’s opinion), and went all upset or even mad as easily. He could start crying out of happiness when Hyukjae made him a sandwich and coffee and brought to the bed, but he also could start sulking if the latter didn’t want to play Donghae’s favorite game. The raven head preferred to think that was because his boyfriend was still young.

Donghae was 23, Hyukjae was 30. And they’ve been together for eight months already.

The gap wasn’t that big and, to be honest, Donghae wasn’t that young, but somehow… somehow Hyukjae always felt that his boyfriend is younger than him. Maybe that also depended on their characters which were completely opposite (their mutual friend, Heechul, who happened to know Donghae because he was the brunette’s older brother classmate, always wondered how they ended up together), but… but even though he felt older every time they met, he found all their activities really entertaining and endearing.

He loved going to the amusement park together, he loved playing football which was Donghae’s passion, he loved playing computer games every weekend. He loved it. Because he loved Donghae.

But at the same time he highly doubted his boyfriend enjoyed all the activities Hyukjae offered. Donghae barely managed to make it through the meeting with the raven head’s family (the younger didn’t even understand why Hyukjae’s family had to know they’re dating), he wasn’t a big fan of cinemas (even though he calmly watched every movie they went to and listened to Hyukjae attentively whenever the latter wanted to discuss it), he even felt shy holding hands in public. And that kind of made Hyukjae insecure. And the situations like this, when he completely didn’t understand why Donghae snapped, added even more to his uneasiness.

“Maybe he doesn’t like it because he thinks that you consider him a child?” Heechul said once Hyukjae called him to talk about it. “You know that he’s always been bothered by your age difference and you not taking him seriously.”

“Well, he’s not the only one here,” Hyukjae muttered. “And if he has problems with that he could just tell me? How do I know he dislikes it?”

“He told you he dislikes it.”

“He never told me the reason why.”

“And you decided to just like that?”

“Maybe I did.”

“So who’s being an actual child here?”

Both of them laughed after that, and Hyukjae shook his head. Well, Donghae was funny to tease, and he looked cute when he pouted, so no one could blame the raven head for being weak.

“Anyways,” Heechul said eventually, “he never was able to be mad at you for more than one day, so expect him to ask for some cuddles tomorrow.”

That was true. Even when they had a bad argument Donghae never was able to act angry for a long time. Hyukjae remembered a moment when he was the one who screwed up, but, despite being an older one, he was too proud to just come and admit his mistakes and apologize. His boyfriend kept sulking for one day, but then he came to his apartment and said, “Nod if you feel sorry, and I will know that you regret saying what you’ve said, admit that you’re the most stupid boyfriend in the Universe and ready to ask for forgiveness on your knees.”

Hyukjae nodded. And Donghae jumped on him, almost making both of them to fall on the floor, and forced Hyukjae to hold him while hugging him. Hyukjae’s back hurt, to be very honest, but he said nothing and just kept hugging Donghae.

Yes, Donghae wasn’t really able to stay mad for a long time, so the raven head expected him to call or text him soon, however, that didn’t happen. Not on the next day, not the day after. This time Donghae decided to not forgive him that easily.

‘Maybe I really was a bit too much this time?’ Hyukjae questioned himself, even though he understood their quarrel was silly.

He didn’t know. And he hasn’t had a chance to ask because Donghae refused to talk to him, and that was kind of getting on Hyukjae’s nerves. Christmas was coming and they planned to spend that day together, but how the younger imagined them to do it if he simply refused to give the raven head a chance to apologize? Hyukjae hoped he will talk to him before Christmas, but that miracle didn’t happen as well. So…

So here he was. A lonely man on a Christmas day with a boyfriend who refused to talk to him. If someone thought he’s going to leave it just like that, that person was wrong because the very first thing Hyukjae did that day was going to Donghae’s apartment in order to meet him.

But he just found that the younger wasn’t there. He left.

The raven head thought it was some kind of a joke. He knew Donghae hasn’t had any plans because they agreed to spend this day together, they even decided to give presents to their friends one day later because of that, so where the younger went? Did he decide to have fun wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter