Chapter 2

A Twist of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino and his dad are having breakfast together. He knows his dad is going to talk about marriage again. ‘You should really get married now, son. You are not getting younger, you know.’ Bingo. Exactly what Mino has guessed earlier. ‘We have talked about this so many times, dad. I’m not going to marry any other girl except Bae Joohyun. And don’t forget I have a kid.’ His dad sighs. His dad has been worrying about him ever since he is determined to search for that Joohyun girl. It’s not that his dad doesn’t like Joohyun, but his dad doesn’t want him to live with uncertainty. Mino will never know when will he meet his Joohyun and his child. They never know, whether the kid is alive or not.

‘Mino, we never know whether that girl is willing to keep the baby. Because she probably comes to you immediately after she knew she’s pregnant. But, no, nothing happened.’ Mino stops eating. ‘Look, dad. I need to tell you something. Seungyoon told me that she kept the baby, which is why she was being kicked out from university, because they found out she’s pregnant. I know my child is somewhere out there. I just need to find them, my family.’ With that, Mino walks out of his house, leaving his dad who is dumbfounded with what Mino has told him.

Mino takes out his phone and try to call Seungyoon. He can never give up in searching for Joohyun and his baby. Desperate to meet his little family, he will try to search the entire South Korea again, even if it takes 20 more years to find them. He can never bear the pain of missing his child whom he never met yet, and he desperately want to apologise to Joohyun, for ruining her life. He will take all the blame, and will do anything just to make sure Joohyun is happy and to make sure that his child can live with love from both parents.

Seungyoon is waiting for Mino at their friend’s café. The owner, Seunghoon brings a cup of mocha latte for Seungyoon. ‘Aww, thank you, Hoony.’ He smiled widely towards Seunghoon. ‘What’s the matter? Why you look so happy?’ Seunghoon looks at Seungyoon suspiciously, eyeing him from head to toe. ‘My girlfriend is coming back to Seoul~’ Seungyoon laughs happily while looking at his phone.

‘Is he crazy? Since when did he has a girlfriend?’ Mino, who just arrived take a seat beside the happy Seungyoon. ‘You see, you influenced him to be like this. You keep on waiting and searching for that unknown girl, and now, Seungyoon claimed that he has a girlfriend. You two are weird.’ Seunghoon shakes his head. ‘Hyung, she has a name, Bae Joohyun. I’m not weird, hyung. This boy is. Who the hell want to date him? By the way, hyung, I want mocha latte too, thanks.’ The older latter went to get a drink for Mino. ‘Hello~ I do have a girlfriend. Her name is Wendy Son Seungwan. It was arranged by our parents, we met each other thrice when I went to Canada, because she’s staying there. But today, she’s coming back. I can’t wait.’ Seungyoon stomps his feet excitedly. It’s kinda lame that he still believes in arranged marriage, but he just can’t stop admiring Wendy and Wendy never rejects him, so they are trying to work things out.

‘Wendy Son, the daughter of Son Creative Design?’ Seunghoon comes back with another cup of mocha latte for Mino. Seungyoon nods happily. ‘Wow, she’s gorgeous you know. You are so lucky.’ Seunghoon sounds like he’s jealous of Seungyoon. ‘Hyung, you have Seulgi. Your Seulgi Bear.’ Mino reminds his hyung about his girlfriend.

‘I heard someone called my name.’ Seunghoon’s girl, Kang Seulgi walks happily towards the boys. Seunghoon run towards her and gives a warm hug. ‘My Seulgi Bear~’ they look like they haven’t met each other for years, which make Mino and Seungyoon furrowed their brows. ‘Oh please, you guys literally see each other every freaking day okay.’ Both Seunghoon and Seulgi just smile to the jealous Seungyoon. ‘Sorry for making these lonely boys feel lonely. You guys should really find a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter