Chapter 1

A Twist of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her eyes are looking at the document intensely. Reading the sentence word by word. Her brain is thinking really hard on how to design the house as much as her client wish for. It has been a stressful day for Irene but she keeps on working because she has to. She must be a hardworking woman, responsible worker and most importantly, a great mother.

Thinking about her son, Minguk, her lips curved upwards. He is always be her strength, her motivator, her loyal companion. Most of the people who meet her and her son will always say that Minguk does not resemble her a lot, and they would say “Oh, he must resemble his father a lot.” Father. She is very sensitive to that word, but now, after 6 years, she’s used to it.

‘No one knows what I have been through to get up to this level. People always say that Minguk may take after his father’s look. What father? I don’t even know who is his father. I really wanted to ask him why did he do that to me. He ruined my life. Whoever that guy is, or was, I will never forgive him. But, I always be thankful for Minguk. He is the best person in the world for me, he is my world.’

Irene is thinking really hard about Minguk that she does not realise that her tears streaming down her cheeks. She quickly wipes her tears, not wanting anyone to notice that.

‘You are crying again.’ Suddenly she heard her boss, who is standing at the door. Her boss, Wendy Son Seungwan.

‘What? No, I am just thinking. How long have you been standing there?’

‘Long enough for me to know that you are indeed crying again.’ Irene gives a smile to her boss. ‘Enough with crying, let’s go back now. Work can wait, but not my belly. I need food, I have something to tell you and I want to meet my baby Minguk. Let’s have dinner together.’ Irene laughs at Wendy.

Another thing that makes her feel grateful apart from Minguk is Wendy. She met her 6 years ago, when Irene is almost gave up her life, exactly after giving birth to Minguk. She tried to end her life, and her baby’s. She didn’t know why and how Wendy was there. Wendy just gave her hopes to start a new beginning, with her baby. She provided almost everything to Irene, took care of her baby, gave her job for her living, and 2 years after their first meeting, Wendy brought them to Canada. Wendy let Irene to completely forget all her miseries. And now, they are happy in Canada.

‘Okay, let go meet our Minguk.’ Irene clears up her desk, takes her handbag and walk out her office with Wendy. That’s how she lives now. And hopefully it will be forever.

‘So, do you have anything for me?’ Mino stares intensely at his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter