Chapter 2 - Haechan

Love Illusions

The next morning I woke up and Mark's arms were around me. All our limbs were entangled actually. But I felt so comfortable there anyways.

I.. Kinda wonder why. Oh right. I know why. I have a crush on him. That's why I asked all those questions. I wanted to be sure that I was going to be happy falling for him. But he told me the truth when it came to love.

And I have no idea how prepared I am to deal with everything. It's probably better to stop loving him.

His eyes slowly opened and his eyes became lighter. Maybe the sun has something to do with that. "Damn I'm still dreaming." He said quietly. "Donghyuckie. I promise I'll try to help you find happiness in love. Love is still beautiful and will make you happy." He said clearly.

Then I felt his lips on my head. I felt my heart skip a beat and my face turned red. He pulled away and went back to sleep. I was frozen and I didn't know what to do or what to feel. So I closed my eyes and fell back asleep. 

When I woke up Mark hyung wasn't there. I got up from bed and shuffled out where the 127 members were. Taeyong hyung was with Jaehyun hyung and Johnny hyung watching a movie. Yuta hyung and Winwin hyung were talking with Doyoung hyung and Taeil hyung. And Mark hyung wasn't there.

"Ah Haechan-ah. Mark went to practoce with dream. He said to let you know to go there asap when you woke up." Johnny hyung said. I nodded and quickly got ready before going to the dance practice room.

Chenle immediately clinged to me. "Jisung-ah get your boyfriend off of me please so I can walk" I said. Jisung smiled and pulled Chenle off me then kissed his cheek. They seemed so happy.

Jeno hyung and Jaemin were in the corner talking to each other. And Renjun hyung was reading a book while talking to Mark hyung. He saw me and smiled before getting up.

"Alright guys let's practice since Haechan is here now" he said and we all prepared. We started practicing Go. But then I felt a pain in my stomach. I didn't let it bother me though and I kept practicing. 

Eventually though the pain was getting to me. And at my part when I stood in front of everyone. I instead dropped to the ground. My vision was blurry and there was ringing in my head.

I could hear the other members scream my name but I lost conciousness in Renjun hyung's arms. 

When I woke up again I was in the hospital and Johnny hyung was by my side. "H-hyung?" I said weakly. My throat was so dry it was incredibly hard to talk.

He smiled at me, "don't try to speak kiddo. You went through a lot." I was so confused. "Turns out you had appendicitis, they took you in to remove your appendix and you've been out for a few hours." He said. I nodded.

"You scared the dream members you know. They weren't able to come in but you should have seen them. They were so worried. Are you up for them to see you?" He asked worriedly while he helped me drink water.

I nodded in response and he got up to call them in. One by one they all came in. Jisung and Chenle were holding each other with big sad puppy eyes. I smiled at them. "Hey I'm fine kids don't look so worried." Jisung came over and hugged my head. I chuckled.

"Hyung you scared us.." He said. I patted his arm. "I'm fine Jisungie. Don't worry." Renjun hyung sighed "you really did worry us Hyuckie. Especially Mark hyung. He was panicking the entire time." Mark hyung seemed embarassed.

"I did not..." Jaemin and Jeno hyung deadpanned "he completely did." I smiled and felt tired again. "Alright dream members let's give Channie some space and quiet so he can heal." Johnny hyung said.

He went out with them with a promise to return tomorrow. I closed my eyes and fell asleep again.

When I woke up I felt someone my hair. It felt so nice but I opened my eyes and Mark hyung was beside me, my hair. He gave me a small smile. "How are you feeling?" He asked. I shrugged. "I feel fine." I said simply.

I looked into his eyes and I noticed his eye were light once again. But he was faced away from the window so it wasn't the sun. That's so weird.. But I shrugged it off.

"Haechan.. Promise me something" he said seriously. I waited for him to say it. "Fall in love with someone." He said. My eyes widened in surprise. "I know what I told you. And it's the truth. But love is still something beautiful that everyone should experience. It's also scary and I get it. But that isnt an excuse for you to run away from love. If you love someone. Please tell them. They might love you too. And let's be honest. It starts with liking someone a lot. Then it turns to love eventually." He said.

I was confused. But i nodded anyways. "Hyung" I said. He looked at me curiously. "What if I liked you?" I asked.  he seemed surprised by the question. "I don't know Haechan. I never saw you that way. So I wouldn't be sure." He said. I nodded. But really. I was hurt.

"Rest now. I'll come visit after practice." I nodded and closed my eyes again. And as I fell asleep once again.

I only wished that I would never wake up. Because the pain he told me about was now enplanted in my heart. And it's poisonous roots were now taking place there. 

And it really really didn't feel good. Is this what love should feel like? I hated it.