The Cycle.

pixilated (one shot collection)《open《
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                 The Cycle.

Jeon wonwoo was not an outdoors person, he prefers staying indoors. He doesn't even know why he was at this carnival against his wish but his friends had continued to nag about how anti-social he was becoming and according to them, he was close to becoming a hermit. He didn't see anything wrong with his lifestyle. He was on summer break and he could do whatever he wanted with his life and that includes spending his time surfing the net for random facts and going through his feeds for anything interesting, reading both intellectually uplifting books and novels, playing video games and watching movies on Netflix. That was his definition of a perfect summer break, but even he couldn't deny the fact that he had been avoiding the world and the past month spent indoors had made him too pale because it had been sun deprived and he only agreed to go out with them because he was beginning to fear he was going to end up having vitamin deficiencies by the end of summer.

After enduring a series of rides and playing the classical rigged games which ended with him being utterly defeated and humiliated, and stuffing himself full with carnival foods, he decided to leave the company of his rowdy friends for some alone time. Wonwoo found himself in the haunted house and was trying to work his way out of the mirror maze, lost in his thoughts and focusing on itching his rather dry eyes, he didn't notice the girls in front of him until he bumped into her sending them both tumbling to the floor. He quickly stood up, apologies flying off his lips without thinking. It wasn't until he lifted his gaze and saw her that he felt his heart beat rapidly. She was simply breathtakin. Wonwoo couldn't find words to describe her beauty,but the one thing that captivated him was expressive brown eyes, he felt like she could see through him and into his soul, the very thing that made who he was. But the fear in her eyes confused him.

Han Sara had been ditched in the haunted house by well meaning friends who were trying to help her overcome her fear. She had been trying to find her way through the mirror maze when someone had bumped into her. She had heard him apologise and was about to do the same but the sight before her made her blood run cold. Decked in a gray t-shirt and shorts with a head full of brown hair, the boy in front of her seemed normal at first glance but it was his pale skin and blood shot eyes that put her off. So maybe she was being irrational because of the amount of horror novels she had been reading in the past month and her fear for the haunted house, but as soon as sara was able to unfreeze her body which had been paralysed by fear, she let out a scream that a banshee would be proud of. "Monster!". Sara screamed, shuffling to her feet and taking cautious steps backwards.

Wonwoo who wasn't expecting her reaction, was startled and confused. Instinctively, he ran towards and used his body as a shield to protect her from the monster even though he too was scared."what monster? Where?". He asked, peering into the darkness to see what he was up against.

Sara wasn't expecting her monster to be trying to protect her and was rather confused."you". She said pointing to him."are the monster".

"Me?". Wonwoo asked looking completely stupefied.

"Yes, you". Sara huffed beginning to get annoyed.

"I'm not a monster. Why would you even think that? ". His confusion was beginning to give way to amusement.

"I don't know". Sara shrugged. "Maybe it's because of how unnaturally pale you are and you blood shot eyes". She pointed out.

"Ah, now I get it. I have xeropthalmia and i'm prone to getting dry eyes which makes it itchy and red. And as for my pale skin it's only temporary, I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter