Chapter 6

Love Takes Time

4 years later..

 

 

On the balcony part of a mansion, a beautiful lady in whiei, disheveled hair because of the wind, enjoying the view while sipping her coffee, is waiting for the sunrise. Suddenly, a girl hugged her from the back. She placed the cup on its saucer and feel the arms of the girl.

 

 

"You woke up early today. Why suddenly?" the said girl asked, now facing Kaeun and pecked her lips. kaeun was a little surprised by her acts so she recouped by giving a short kiss on her forehead.
The girl stood up beside her, arms still wrapped on the side of Kaeun.

 

 

"I just wanna witness the sunrise again. I've been busy with my work and I have no time for this. But now, I have, just a little because I still have a duty at 8. Plus my Mirurun's here then my morning is perfect" Kaeun said happily and stared at the rising sun.

 

 

Miru could only laugh at how cheesy her girlfriend is and because of what Kaeun is telling her. Kaeun looked at her confusingly, which made her punch the tall figure weakly.

 

 

"Ya..! Stop acting like we don't work at the same hospital" Kaeun laughed with her. "And I know your schedule, Kaeun-chan" she added.

 

 

They stopped and gave their attention to the sun. "This is what I've been missing after all the busyness. It's ... It's too beautiful.." she commented.

"Its beautiful, so are you..." Miru said and tiptoed to reach Kaeun's cheek to kiss. She could only chuckled and hugged her tighter.

 

 

They've seen how the sun rises and how it starts every single day with its beauty. The couple decided to stay for a momemnt and later on, the maid told to get inside because their breakfast is now ready. They went inside, arms still wrapped around each other body..

 

 

--------- (Now Playing: Orange- 7!!)

3 years and 8 months ago..

 

 

After 4 months of being comatose, she finally moved her forefinger. She's finally awake from the sad dreams she had with the girl she couldn't recognize because her face was blurred. 
Her mother witnessed it first, her tears are falling down because of happiness then she told her PA to call her doctor because of her daughter's sudden actions. She even heard her heavy breathes.But she didn’t come near her. The doctor and nurses came and immediately check on Kaeun.

 

 

"Where am I?! Who are you?! Who am I?!" she can hear her daughter panicking, asking those question. She saw her got up and asked them again. She can sense her daughter's feeling scared.

 

 

She couldn't even bear seeing her daughter like that. So as the mother who patiently waited for Kaeun to wake up, she came close to Kaeun and embraced her daughter, she was shocked and didn't notice that she's tearing up. Whispering her everything that will make Kaeun calm. She lets go of the hug and the last thing she said just made Kaeun cry harder.
"It's okay, baby.. I'm here, I'm just right here. I am your mother."

 

 

"Then who I am!? Why is that.. I can't remember anything! Why?!" Kaeun broke down again, voice became louder.

 

"You have to rest first, okay?" her mother calmly said as she fix her daughter's hair.

 

"No! I don't need to rest! I want to know who I am!" she snapped.

 

"Want some fresh air? I will tell you everything" she smiled at her. She didn't wait for her answer. She just told the nurses to carefully align her to the wheelchair which they obeyed quickly.

 

----------------------

 

On their way to the rooftop, Kaeun would ask her questions and she would love to answer them.

 

"What do I usually call you?"
"You call me eomma" she answered happily and earned nods from Kaeun.
"Eomma.." Kaeun called and her mom was very happy to respond.

 

"What's my name? How old I am? Do I have a job?" her mom laughed at her daughter. "One question at a time only". Kaeun couldn't help because she's too eager to know everything about her.

"I'll answer the first question. Kacelina is your french name" she answered.

 

"Then what's my Korean name?"

"It's Kaeun, Lee Kaeun, baby.. " she answered she heard her being impress.

"How old I am then?" she looked at her mother, waiting for her answer.

“24” 

“Do I have a job?”

 

“You’re a registered nurse and you topped 2 during your boarding exam" her mom proudly said.

 

"Love life isn't part of my priority, right? Do I have a special someone?" the question changed the mood of Kaeun's mom. 

 

"Yep, it isn't. You really love your job that you don't have time for loving others."

 

They arrived at the rooftop and there are also patients with their love ones. Kaeun was stunned by the sun's beauty. "Wow..." she mumbled as left agape.

 

Her mom stopped and was remained stand beside Kaeun. "Eomma.." she called, her eyes were locked at the beautiful sight.

 

"Hmm...?" her mom hummed.

 

"Where are we?"

 

"Kacelina,  welcome to Marseille, France. Do you know that you were comatose for 4 months? You've missed a lot. Your coworkers would visit you day by day and we would pray for you to wake up" she answered, same as Kaeun.

 

Now that she's awake. Will she change? Not knowing that she have friends, a family rather, waiting for her to come back. That there is a cherry blossom waiting for her giraffe to come home to her.

 

But what does her mother mean when she said, '​​'your co-workers would visit you day by day'? 

 

---------------------------------------------------

​​​​​​* flashback *

 

*have you finished your application letter?* Lizzy asked, on the other line of the phone.

*almost unnie. I'll hang up now, Saku-chan will be here anytime. I'll call you later* Kaeun said then hang up the phone.

 

Its just in time when Sakura arrived, she finished the application letter and sighed by the relief that she didn't saw that. She immediately turned off the laptop.

 

"Love of my significant life" Kaeun greeted her, she opened her arms and the cherry blossom was tired but still managed to put the food on the table and hugged her. They ended up lying on the couch now and Sakura didn't want to let go and so Kaeun.

 

 

"Love.. the food.." the giraffe reminded and looked down to see her kawaii cherry blossom. She almost melt by the sight that she snuggled it tighter.

 

"Love ... The food will get cool" she reminded again, pecking her forehead. But Sakura was still unmoved.  "She's maybe tired so I'll just let rest in our for hours" Kaeun thought.

 

She got up and carried Sakura like a bride to their room. She slowly placed Sakura on the bed, joining her love as she tucked themselves in. Sakura hugged her again.

 

 

How can she leave this cherry blossom? She and her friends applied to work abroad for a bigger salary because that's what Kaeun mom told them and seems like they agreed with the idea.

 

All of them tried and all of them passed.

 

 

*end of the flashback*

 

--------------------------

 

A tall figure is peacefully resting on her bed, when a nurse who's silently checking on Kaeun, was startled by the scream of Kaeun, gasping for air and eyes are wide open.

 

The nurse was left at the side and Kaeun saw her. The giraffe looked at her with eyes pleasing her. 

 

"Can you please stay with me? Please stay with me" she pleased, her face grew scared. The nurse removed her mask and smiled at Kaeun. She went closer to her but her heart skipped a beat when Kaeun held her hand and laid down while the nurse watched her fall asleep again.

 

'How can you be so beautiful despite of you being sick. You're giving me a reason to protect you and stay with you forever...' Miru thought