Chapter 3

Love Takes Time

I couldn't focus in the rehearsal. Kaeun-chan's critical condition is the only thing I can think about of right now. It's been 4 hours since Chaeyeon and I left the hospital. And yet, there's still no call. Chaeyeon already told them what happened to Kaeun-chan and to us earlier.

"Sakura-chan!" I was pulled back in reality when Nako-chan screamed my name, showing me her while walking towards me. The others were also curious that they went near Nako and look at her phone, too. "We're probihited to use gadgets, Nako-chan" I said without even glancing at her phone. I tried to busy myself and left them in the corner. I started practicing our new inserted steps of our song La Vie en Rose for MAMA2018 here in Korea. 

"But Unnie, the headline says, "IZ*ONE MEMBER MIYAWAKI SAKURA SPOTTED COLLECTING MONEY" aren't you going to do anything Unnie? The headline makes you look so bad, Unnie" Yena worriedly said. Everyone is, so I stopped practicing and about to speak but Chayeon got the phone and shuts it.

"Ya! Unnie! Aren't we going to tell this to producer-nim?" Yujin said trying to get Nako's phone back. "Producer-nim already knew about this" she simply said then gave the phone back. "They'll take care of this. They just want us to focus on rehearsing. We still have a lot of new stepping to learn" she added.

"Let's not forget about Kaeun-san" Eunbi-unnie spoke which made me look at them with the thankful look. "We'll pray for her, right Saku-chan?" she smiled, giving me the hope and she gathered all of us for a group hug which made me feel even more better. I thanked them for always being there for me and for their concerns.

She told us to go back practicing and just don't mind that false news.

---

"Eunbi-unnie, can I go first? It's been 10 hours but I haven't got any call from her PA" I reasoned which is true. I need to go now. I'm worried about her. I just hope she won't get mad that I didn't stay there to wait for her instead, I left to practice. I prayed  to god that everything would be fine. That she will not die. That she will still remember me.

"Sakura.. we are supposed to leave at 11 pm and it's still 1 pm. But in your case, I will let you escaped the practice this afternoon and catch up before 3pm. Okay?" I nodded then hug her. "Unnie, I'll come with her. Something might happen again. She's not in the mood to defend herself" Chayeon spoke, she's coming with me again and that's better.

"Then call me when you got there" she agreed hugged the both of us. "And don't forget your caps and masks." she added.

 

---

I tried calling her PA but she's not answering. "None?" Chaeyeon asked. We're now again in waiting area but the nurse said the surgery was already done. We asked her it turns out succesful but she just shrugged. "Let's go to her room. Maybe they returned there" we nodded and the idea made us run, didn't even bother to make a stop and my tears are running down to my face. I just want to see my Kaeun-chan. I want to embrace her wholeheartedlly. 

 

When we arrived at the room, we only saw a man rearranging the empty room. Chaeyeon might have noticed that I'm hopeless now so she asked, "Excuse me, but do you know where's the patient here?". The man shook his head. "But I heard she was discharged, Ma'am" he spoake and faced us. That shookt us when he said that she's discharged. Maybe the surgery turned out fine. "IZ*ONE Chaeyeon and Sakura?" he shockingly said. Chaeyeon shyly bowed and I was just idgaf cause I need to see my Kaeun-chan now!!

 

I left Chaeyeon and went to the nurse station to find her personal nurse. As far as I can remember, her duty is 1pm to 12 am. As I arrived, she wan't

 there. I stayed a lil bit longer and Chaeyeon got out of the room. A female nurse was in sight when Chaeyeon stood beside me. I faced her with my poker face and she ran faster towards us. "Miss Miyawaki, Miss Lee" she greeted. "Where's Kaeun-chan" I asked directly, I don't wanna waste any second because we still have a practice.

"Mrs. Lee didn't tell you? They just had their flight overseas she didn't tell where to but she just gave me my salary. The surgery was successful, even Mrs. Lee couldn't stop crying after waiting for hours, just to hear that the bullet was successfully removed. Kaeun-san was still unconcious when they discharged her and I'm sure it will take months for her to wake up. Mrs. Lee have found a specialist that would help Kaeun-san recover. She didn't tell you, did she?" The nurse covered in shock. I almost fainted with what I've heard but Chaeyeon was quick with her action, she caught me and cried with me. They helped me up and let me sit on the long chair while the Nurse excused herself to get water.

 

"Kaeun-chan!" I nuzzled my face onto Chaeyeon's neck while crying out her name. I waited but they fled me. "K-kaeun-chan! W-wae?! Wae?!" Chayeon just comforted me telling me that it was no one's fault. That I have to wait again if I really love her. That she'll help me to look for her. They will help me to look for her.

This day will surely haunt me for the rest of my life. I  will look for you my Kaeun-chan. My moon. My star. My Love. My life.