Chapter 7

Lonesome Fathers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jongin had never driven so fast in his life. The moment he was done with his last meeting, the dancer ran out of the door barely bidding Sehun and Yixing goodbye before he jumped into his car.

He missed his son - missed Jongdae’s voice, his laughter, his hugs. His little boy was the light of his life and Jongin was definitely not used to being away from him for so long.

Pulling up Kyungsoo’s location, Jongin anxiously made his way to the other’s flat. He was nervous about this situation - despite being very grateful for the other man’s help, Jongin didn’t know him and to trust him with his son’s well-being was such a hard thing to do.

The wait for the elevator to reach the seventh floor was hellish. All he wanted to do was hold his baby boy, why was God pushing him like this?

Walking out into the corridor, he looked for apartment number 365. And once he found it, his heart began to beat even harder.

 

Finally.

 

He rang the bell and waited. Soon enough the door opened and Jongin was left speechless.

 

That was the guy! The guy from Jongdae’s first day at school! That meant Junmyeon was the tiny little boy that had tugged at his heartstrings for being just so…tiny.

“C-can I help you?” the shorter man asked softly, looking just as shocked as Jongin himself.

 

“I am Jongin. I’m here to pick up my son” he replied, a bright smile on his face as he expectantly eyed the other man.

 

He watched as Kyungsoo shook his head, and opened the door wider. “Right. Of course, please come in” his deep was voice still very soft and it sounded very pleasant to Jongin’s ears.

 

Jongin walked in and politely took of his shoes. He didn’t want to stay long and impose even more on Kyungsoo’s hospitality.

“Have you eaten? I just served them dinner so you could join us if you’d like…” the smaller man trailed off, sounding a bit flustered.

“I have not, although I really don’t want to abuse your hospitality, Kyungsoo-ssi” he answered, scratching the back of his head, also feeling a little shy all of the sudden.

“Nonsense. Besides, Jongdae looked really hungry so I think we should let him eat” Kyungsoo said softly before stopping, and if Jongin hadn’t been paying attention he might have bumped into the smaller man.

 

Before them played a scene Jongin would never forget. The sheer cuteness of it almost melting him into a puddle.

 

“Do you need help again?” Junmyeon asked Jongdae with the softest voice, his eyes focused on the younger as he chewed his food.

“Yes, please!” Jongdae replied happily, words jumbled as he spoke while he had food in his mouth.

 

What killed both adults, though, was what Junmyeon said next.

 

“Here. Hyung will teach you…” and then he proceeded to guide a very happy and amazed Jongdae on how to cut his meal up into perfect bite sized portions.

 

Jongin really had to make an effort not to squeal and when Kyungsoo looked up at him, he knew he was not completely alone there. The look in the other’s big doe eyes telling him that he was suffering just as much.

 

“Jongdae-ah, look who’s here!” Kyungsoo called out and Jongin could not help but to laugh as his son turned to look at him like a deer caught in the headlights - well, he resembled more a squirrel with his cheeks all puffy and full of food.

The dancer figured that was the reason while the little boy didn’t call out his name, and opted instead to squeal and lift his arms - a clear sign of ‘pick me up’.

Immediately he walked into the kitchen and scooped his baby into his arms. Finally relaxing completely as he cuddled the four-year-old close

Please log in to read the full chapter