Chapter 8

Lonesome Fathers
Please log in to read the full chapter

After their first encounter, meetings between the two fathers and their sons became much more frequent. Jongdae and Junmyeon begging their parents to set up play dates and walks in the park - and because neither Kyungsoo nor Jongin could resist their children, they found each other getting closer too. 

Kyungsoo grew to like Jongin, in the doctor's opinion he even did so a little bit too much for his own liking. After Hyojin, the doe-eyed male hadn't allowed himself to have feelings for anyone - even his friendships were very selective, only really trusting Chanyeol and Yifan around his son. So for him to feel butterflies in his stomach every time the younger man laughed - a high-pitched sound, much cuter than a grown man should be allowed to make - or even when he'd watch Jongin be oh-so-soft around his Junmyeon. 

 

It shouldn't be happening! 

 

The doctor thought he had locked that part of his heart away a long time ago, making the decision to be devoted solely to his son. 

 

But apparently not.

 

He had spoken to Yifan about it. Well, more like the older man had sat him down and 'put the cards on the table' as the Chinese nurse had said. Remembering that conversation was not something he liked to do, especially since that day had been so nice - Junmyeon had been a lot clingier than normal, asking for cuddles from both Yifan and Kyungsoo, they had watched cartoons and binged on sugary snacks until late in the afternoon. And then Yifan dropped the bomb on him, and completely killed part of his good mood.

"You like him, don't you?" he had said, sipping his coffee and cringing over how bitter it must have tasted against all that sugar coating his tongue.

"Who? Junmyeon? Of course I like him, he's my son" Kyungsoo had pretended not to know what Yifan was talking about, and that only resulted on a cookie getting thrown at him by the giant across the table.

 

The older had taken another sip of his hot drink before speaking again.

 

"Don't get cute. You know damn well I'm talking about Jongdae's hot dad" the words left Yifan's lips and Kyungsoo all but choked. 

Jongin was attractive - he would have to be a fool, or blind not to see that the younger man was very beautiful, and as Yifan had put it, hot. Still, he had not been ready for that to be said out loud right to his face, specially since he had not found anyone that attractive in years.

"He has a name and it sounds nothing like Jongdae's hot dad" Kyungsoo had mumbled, taking that chance to seek revenge by throwing a cookie at the older man. "And of course I like Jongin, he is a very nice guy"

 

That had sounded lame even to himself, which was definitely not a good sign. Yifan's laughter and gummy smile told him that the older had also not bought that excuse either.

 

"Oh, come on Soo!"  the nurse had shaken his head, placing his mug on the table "This is a good thing! You like him, you're single and so is he! Go for it" the Chinese man had sounded so excited and proud, and Kyungsoo hadn't really known what to say to him.

"I-I don't like him like that" he had tried, his voice had been so meek and uncertain, which just gave Yifan more weapons to use against him. "I b-barely know him, hyung!"

 

Again, Yif

Please log in to read the full chapter