To live and breath

With all the love I have

Kim Hanbin had gone through many things between the 17 years of living- and he himself is shocked that he is still standing strong today, well not really that strong, but still can handle the everyday struggles.

His parents had died when he was 8, leaving him with his infant sister under their abusive Aunt. Hanbin struggled hard to save money to move out, he was succesful but he had to leave his sister behind. His aunt did favor his sister and treated her fairly, maybe because his aunt have always wanted to have a daughter but was infertile and unable to conceive children. 

But that doesn't change the fact that the bruises that littered Hanbin's skin will be forgotten, especially the scars she gave him. He'll never understand how come his aunt was only abusive towards him and kind to others, but he decided to not bother with it anymore and replace the feeling of hatred with the feelig of gratitude for taking special care of his sister.

He moved out of his aunt's house at 14 and worked many part time jobs for his rent and everyday necessities. He studied hard to keep the top spot of his school to keep his scholarship. Hanbin had to work hard for everything he had today while others only had to wish for it. 

He hated the world for that but then again, he should be grateful to be breathing.

 

...

 

Hanbin quietly made his way on his desk on the classroom and sat on his sit. Maybe working the whole night, and studying between breaks wasn't a good idea. But, Hanbin needed the money for it. He was getting short in money and he has to pay rent in a week and only has half of what was needed. Hanbin tiredly rubbed his eyes and slumped on the desk and closed his eyes. During this time of month, Hanbin struggles the most. He didn't even have the money to feed himself a decent meal and more often than not only relied on cup noodles and energy drinks to keep his growling stomach quiet. 

School starts in an hour and that is more than enough for Hanbin to survive the day, he had more worser days. 

It's okay, only a few more years before finishing school. Before having a decent job. And before living a comfortable life, in an expensive apartment with two dogs and his younger sister.

You can do it Hanbin, you can do it.

 

...

 

He was stirred awake by someone shaking him, he groaned and opened his eyes to stare at the person who dared to disturb him in his lips. He could only see blurry images and an outline of a body, but he could easily define it as his best friend, "Junhoe?" He muttered adn swatted the hand on his shoulder away, "What do you want." It wasn't even a question.

Junhoe scoffed and sat besides Hanbin, "Tigerbin first thing in the morning, huh. Rough night?" Hanbin rolled his eyes and slumped once more in the desk. "HAd to work the whole night, rent is in a week and Landlady is being more y than usual about it." Junhoe placed a comforting hand on Hanbin's shoulder

"That's why I keep telling you to move in with me, Mom and Dad loves you more than me. We have an extra room and you can stay there." Hanbin smiles gratefully, "It okay, Junhoe. I can handle myself, thanks for the offer." Junhoe sighs and shook his head.  

The bell bagan to ring and Junhoe fixed his sit, Hanbin returned to sleeping. THe first subject was Math, in where he excels at and doesn't really have to bother listening to their teacher to learn. He only needs to read the contents of his book to undestand how and thats how his perfect scores came to be. He'll be working his off everynight for the whole week, and he needs to sleep in every chance he have. Or he doesn't get to sleep at all. 

Hanbin just wishes it all to end, and maybe to never wake up again. 

But then again, for his sister he can live and breath another day. This is where his usual chant comes in,

Only a little bit more, Hanbin. Only a few years more.