#1. Competition.

Choreographing your way to your boyfriend

In the year 2012 you decided to go to Korea, to work there as a choreographer.
With four guys as your best friend you set up a dance crew to participate in a competition trying to win the grand prize.
A exclusive contract as choreographer.
It has been your dream for a while, even though your still young you already accomplished a lot.

Before you know it, it’s time in 2013 you participate in the biggest dance competition of Seoul. Time to hit that stage and show them what you and your crew can.
Your four close friends all from another country join you, they’re like your big brothers always there for you and looking over you.
Jihwan the oldest born in 1990 from Canada. Sungjae the one that comes next is born in 1991 from England, just like Eugene who’s from America and the youngest of them is Minjun born in 1992 from Australia.
You always call your group a mess that found each other.
All from parts all over the world somehow finding each other and becoming one of the greatest dance groups.

”Hey you okay?” Jihwan asks seeing how nervous you are.
”Yes I am..” you answer confident. But to be honest you’re shaking.
The top three will be working with a Kpop group of choice from a couple selected groups for the finale and the grand prize winner will work for two years straight with that group.

”Now a group that will show all they have and know no mercy. Please give it up for No Mercy” the MC announces.
And you five get on stage with a couple others of your crew.
Dancing with all your heart you wow the audience and get the highest points.
Next up is only the original group showing what they can but this is a blind performance, meaning you have to cover your whole body and face so people can judge solely on skills.
After performing you again get the highest score.
And for last dance you have to go solo, show them as choreographer what you can.
Changing clothes you start shaking again.
”Don’t worry.. you got this” Eugene says comforting.
”I know.. I practised over and over again. I’m just afraid something happens and I make a mistake” You say.

”Next up is the choreographer of No Mercy, she already showed she’s a skilled choreographer so far and I’m eager to see what she’ll show us solo. Give it up or ____-ssi” The MC says.
You stand up and stretch your arms.
The members put together their hands “You got this” Sungjae says.
”Have no mercy” Minjun says.
You place your hand on theirs “NO MERCY” you all chant together.
And you walk on stage.

Before you know it your performance ended. Only three groups will go to the next round which will also be the finale.
You stand with your four friends on stage along with 9 other groups hoping to be in the top three.
”On third place is the powerful group Mystic Movers” the MC announced.
”For second place is the well organized group 2Crew4U” the MC then announced.
Becoming all nervous again you start shaking.
Feeling hands on your shoulders of your friends you ease down again.
”And now for the first place the group that showed many skills in only three performances give it up for No Mercy!” The MC announced.

Thrilled with excitement you hug your members.
Walking up the MC you make a talk with them.
”Congratulations you have showed us you are the best among these groups. What are your names and where are you from?” the MC asks.
”My name is ___ and I’m from ___” you answer.
The other members introduce themselves as well.
”Your Korean is so good, especially as none of you are from Korea self. But well you guys are Korean right?” The MC asks.
”Yes, beside our choreographer we’re all korean” Jihwan answers.
”How did you guys even came together? And for how long are you in Korea already?” the MC asks.
”I already knew Sungjae and I met Jihwan though a competition in America he coincidentally went to as well. We there got paired up with Eugene who knew Minjun. And we’re now already for roughly one year Korea” you answers.
”That’s amazing. Okay now you get the chance to work with 1 group of choice to make a dance with for the finale. You can choose between: Exo, Bap and Vixx. Who do you chose?” the MC asks.
You turn around to consult your members.
”What do you think is wise?” you ask.
”Well you’re to choreographer so you should decide” Eugene answers.
”Bap are amazing dancers” Jihwan says.
”Exo are also good and have SM status.. that might help you rise” Minjuin says.
”Vixx is good at dancing.. but not as good at the other groups.. and they’re a bit of a mess” Sungjae says laughing lightly.
”They will be more of a challenge and let you show how skilled you are” Eugene says.
”You’re right..” you says taking a deep breath and turn around to the MC.
”We will go for... VIXX” you answer looking at vixx.
The six members all stand up and clap cheerful. Bowing deep they thank you.

Next up are the other groups to choose one to work with.
Once you all decided you get off stage and meet the group you work with.
”Hey, calm down. You won today! No need to be so intense after performance” Sungjae says seeing you shake.
”I’m sorry, I’m just hyped to meet them. I still can’t believe we won this round” You say.
”You should have a little more faith in yourself. You’re a amazing choreographer, I already expected you to win” Minjun says smiling giving you a tap on the shoulder.
”Now, straighten your back and let’s go” Jihwan says pushing you towards the other room.

Seeing the members of Vixx standing there and waiting for you, you’re nerves start kicking in again.
”Oh my god.. I can’t do this” You say trying to turn around.
”Oh no! No way. Let’s go” Jihwan says turning you around again.
Taking a deep breath you try to straighten your posture again.
”Hey nice to meet you” a gorgeous man with skin of silk and silver hair styled forward says friendly.
”Hi! I’m no mercy... I mean ____ I’m ____” You says.
The gorgeous man chuckles smiling behind the back of his hand. “My name is Cha Hakyeon, you can call me N” he says sticking out his hand.
Giving a hand you bow “Nice to meet you N” You say back.
Because of his reaction to your small failure you’re a little more at ease.
Then a tall guy with broad shoulders and red hair combed back stick out his hand ”Hi.. I’m Leo” he whispers.
Shaking his hand you bow again “Nice to meet you Leo” you say back.
Next a sweet looking guy with black hair styled to the side jumps towards you and gives a hug.
”Hey! Nice to meet you. My name is Ken” he says excited.
”Hi Ken, it’s very nice to meet you” you reply smiling, With his action you feel much more comfortable around them.
”I’m Ravi” a tall well build guy with orange hair styled up says sticking up his hand.
”Don’t mind him, he’s girls shy” a beautiful man with brown/red-ish hair also styled up says smiling.
~Ohmy.. those dimples are to die for~ You think trying to not turn bright red.
”I’m Hongbin, nice to meet you” he says taking you hand to shake it.
Still ending up with a red face you just stare at him.
”And last but of course best. I’m Hyuk” A cute but handsome looking man with short dark purple-ish hair says smiling at you.

”It’s very nice to meet you all” You say with a bow.
”We were very impressed by your dancing and choreographs. But we were more surprised by you picking us.. we heard everyone talk about wanting to work with exo” N says.
”Yes we thought that would be a easy pick” You answer honestly.
”A easy pick?” Ken asks.
”Yes, they have a SM status. So if I would to work with them, I’d be recognized solely for working with them. But choosing you I’ll be recognized for my skills” You answer smiling.
”You do have a point there. That’s very daring of you.” N says smiling.
”Well.. I like a challenge” You reply.
”I hate to cut it short. But we still have another schedule. We’ll see each other tomorrow again. I can’t wait to see what you have for us” N says smiling.
”See you tomorrow” Ken says giving you another hug.
”Oh.. yes good luck with your schedule. I’ll see you tomorrow” You answer.
Seeing the members leave again they turn around a couple times to wave smiling to you.

”Well, they are nice” Minjun says.
”Yeah they really are.. Do you already feel a bit at ease?” Jihwan asks.
”Yes, I do. I can’t wait till tomorrow and start working with them” You answer.
”I’m sure you do. But now it’s already late and you should try to get some sleep. Today was a long and hectic day. Tomorrow will only be worse” Eugene says.
”Yeah... you guys are right. Let’s go” you say leaving the room.
With your friend behind you, you all exit the building and walk into the cold snowy streets.
”This time of year is always so cold” you says wrapping your fingers in each other blowing it warm with your breath.
”It is and you of course forgot your gloves and scarf” Sungjae says shaking his head.
”Heh.. yeah.. oops~” you says laughing lightly.

From behind you feel a warm soft fabric being put around your neck.
”You can give it back tomorrow” a soft voice says.
Looking around you see a guy with red hair walk away.
“Leo?” you say questioning.
”I think that was Leo yeah..” Jihwan says.
”Well.. at least you’re a little warmer with scarf” Eugene says smiling.
”You take the first cab, we can take the next one together” Minjun says calling a cab.
”Thank you” you say warm hearted as the cab pulls over.
”No problem, we’ll seen you soon okay? Good luck tomorrow and if you need us, you can always call us” Jihwan says reassuring.
”Thanks guys. I’ll work hard” you say making a first of your hands.
”Hwaiting!” the guys say together.
”Hwaiting” You say back laughing and get in the cab to go home.

Back home you walk inside.
~Ugh, it’s freezing.. let’s turn up that heater first~ You think pulling on your slippers.
~Oh man.. how am I suppose to sleep now? I’m so excited. What.. what am I even going to wear? I can’t show up with my usual dance clothes! Those will make me look so.. poor~ You think being stressed out.
Digging through your closed you get annoyed “Aaagh! I have nothing to wear.. all my dance clothes either make me look neglected, poor or just.. ugh” you say frustrated.
~Should I go shop for new clothes first?~ You think. Grabbing your phone you check your bank balance ~Nice I got payed. Let’s see if I extract my rent from that and all the fixed charges I’ll remain with... oh that’s not too bad.. I can buy one outfit out of that~ You think while calculating.
Excited you jump onto bed “Let’s see.. a dark gray training pants... with.. a black shirt. What was the vixx fan color again?” You say out loud.
Thinking deeply you decide to just look it up.
”Ahh! Navy blue with gold.. heh how cute... then I’ll look for a navy blue shirt and maybe something with gold printed on it?” You ask yourself.
”Also.. It’s winter and cold... maybe I should just grab a shirt I have and look for a navy blue hoody..” you say wondering.
~Ahh I’m so excited~ You think kicking in the air ~I should set a alarm and hit the city before going to the entertainment~ You think grabbing your phone again.
Once you set the alarm you make yourself ready to do to bed.
Maybe it was all the competition that wore you out. But within minutes you fell asleep.

The next morning you do wake up long before your alarm. Grabbing your phone you look at the time.
~6:32? Shoot I still have a hour..~ You think placing your phone away again and turning around.
Not able to fall asleep anymore you turn and turn till frustration.
~That’s it.. I’m going to shower~ You think letting out a sigh getting out of bed.
”Oef cold cold cold” You say as your feet touch the cold wooden floor.
Quickly jumping in your slippers you grab some clothes and walk to the bathroom.
After a nice hot shower you prepare something to eat when you hear your phone.
~Hwaiting  ___ You got this! Show them how it’s done~ Eugene messages you.
”Aww such a good friend” You say looking at your phone.
~Thank you! I’ll work hard~ You message back.

After breakfast you grab your stuff and leave your apartment.
Walking through the streets of Seoul you look for a clothes shop to buy some dance clothes.
With the white snow cracking under you feet you realized you once again forgot your scarf and gloves.
Trying to warm your hands you blow warm air through your hands.
~Oh man, it’s so cold~ you think.
Feeling a soft hit against your back you look around realizing a snowball was thrown.
”Yo ___” Jihwan calls you.
”Hey Jihwan, what are you doing here?” you ask.
”I’m on my way to work, what are you doing here? You still have a hour” Jihwan asks.
”I couldn’t sleep and wanted some new dance clothes” You answer.
”Let me guess ‘You had nothing to wear’ in that massive closed of yours” Jihwan asks laughing.
”Don’t mock me, I want to look representative” You answer.
”You always look good enough” Jihwan says with a smile ruffling his hand through your hair.
”Don’t” you say tapping his hand away.
”Cranky much? Well I’m off to work. Good luck” Jihwan says walking away already waving.
”Later” you say back.

Continuing your search for a good shop you suddenly feel another soft hit to your back of a snowball.
”Jihwan you!” you say angry turning around.
”No idea who that is, but hii” Hyuk says smiling waving cutely.
”Oh Hyuk, sorry hii. What are you doing here?” you ask.
”I was looking for some clothes and spotted you.. who was that guy that was with you?” Hyuk asks.
”You were watching for that long?” You ask surprised back.
”Hehe yeah, you two looked cute together” Hyuk says chuckling.
”He’s just a good friend, like a brother too me” you answer.
”Ahh.. good” Hyuk says smiling walking away.
~Good?~ You question thinking.
”Say ___ feel like helping?” Hyuk asks turning around.
”How can I help you?” You ask.
”Well... you’re a girl.. you know what looks good on a man right?” Hyuk asks.
”I.. guess..” You answer.
”What are you looking for?” Hyuk asks.
”Dance clothes” You answer.
”I know a good store, follow me” Hyuk says grabbing your hand and pulling you along.
”Oh okay” You say following Hyuk.

Minutes later you stop at a store.
”Uhm.. Hyuk?” You call him.
”Yes?” Hyuk asks turning around.
”My hand?” You say looking down.
”Oh sorry.. I didn’t realize I was still holding your hand” Hyuk says releasing it.
”Let’s go inside” Hyuk says walking away.
Following him you walk inside the store.
”Wow~ So many choices” You say looking around.
”I know right, we often buy our dance clothes here” Hyuk replies.

Looking through their clothes your eyes fall on a navy blue training pants with golden stripes.
~Perfect~ You think grabbing your size.
Looking around some more you’re unable to find a blue sweater to match it with, but seeing a black with gold sweater you decide to go with that one.
”This should do” you say walking to Hyuk.
”That was quick” Hyuk replies smiling.
Going to the employee you pay for the clothes and leave the store.

”What store did you wanted to go to?” You ask Hyuk.
”It’s not far from here, near the entertainment” Hyuk answers.
”What is it you need?” You ask.
”I need a new coat” Hyuk answers.
”Why? This one looks fine.” you ask.
”I want one with a different style, I want a more stylish. More... manly?” Hyuk answers thinking with his finger on his chin.
”Ahh okay” you say back nodding.

Walking to the store Hyuk smoothly walks a bit behind you.
When you notice he’s not walking next to you anymore you feel something cold hit your head.
Surprised you turn around and see Hyuk jumping with laughter holding another snowball.
”Oh my g... did you... I’m going to get you” you say with revenge in your voice.
Grabbing some snow you make a snowball.
Looking up you see another snowball fly to your head but manage to avoid it.
Running to him you throw a snowball back hitting him right in the face.
Startled he looks at you.
”Oh you’re getting that one back” he says grabbing more snow.
Quickly you make another snowball to throw at him.
When he’s ready to throw one to you, you hit him first making him drop his snowball.
”Okay... I don’t like this game anymore. You’re too good” Hyuk says pouting.
”Naww, can’t handle your loss?” you ask laughing.
”Nope, I also would like to keep my dignity” Hyuk answers dusting off the snow from his coat.
”I think it dropped somewhere over there when I hit you in the face” You say laughing.
”Ha ha, very funny. Still want to come along shopping? Or want to walk to the entertainment alone?” Hyuk ask with a smirk.
”I’m coming, I’m coming” You answer trying to hide your laugh.

Continue walking you enter a store a couple minutes later.
”Wow~ such nice clothes” You say admiring their collection.
”Yeah, they have a wide collection of decent clothes” Hyuk replies.
”Decent? More like chic” you say.
”Yeah.. I guess” Hyuk says casual.

Walking to the coat section Hyuk grabs a couple coats.
”What do you think of this one?” Hyuk asks holding a brown short jacket.
”You sure that’s warm enough for this time of year?” You ask him tilting your head.
”You’re right... how about this one?” Hyuk asks holding up a gray polyester coat.
”Hmm...” You reply frowning.
”Guess that a no” Hyuk says putting it back ”And this one?” Hyuk asks holding up a long black coat of fabric.
”Put it on, it does look neat” You answer with a smile.
Putting it on he shows it and turns around.
”Yea, you should go with this one. It looks really good on you” you say sticking up your thumb.
”Okay nice, thanks” Hyuk says jacking of the coat again.
Going to the employee he pays for the coat and you leave the store again.

”We still have time before we have to be at the company. How about a drink? The members are most likely having a coffee near the company at the moment” Hyuk proposes.
”Sound good” you answer smiling.
”Then let’s go” Hyuk says walking away.

A couple minutes you enter a small charismatic cafe with a old fashioned in a year 90’s baker style.
”Oh hyung..” Hyuk says anxious seeing N.
N looks up and tilts his head “Hey... wha.. how are you?” N asks with a forced smile.
”Yeah doing fine, ___ helped me buy a new coat” Hyuk says smiling.
”Oh.. did she?” N asks looking at Hyuk.
”I’ll be right back” You say heading to the ladies room.
”Okay” Hyuk replies smiling.
”So.. went shopping together huh?” N asks suspicious.
”Ahh yeah, when I walked through the city I spotted her and asked to come along” Hyuk answers.
”Did you.. okay” N says sassy.
”What are you suggesting?” Hyuk asks.
”Nothing.. nothing. Just be a little careful. We don’t even know her yet” N answers.
”Okay..” Hyuk says suspicious.

”I’m back” you say sitting down. Noticing the atmosphere you look back and forth between N and Hyuk. ”Is everything okay?” you ask them.
”Yeah, of course. Say I ordered you a cappuccino, I hope you like that” Hyuk answers.
”Yeah that’s fine. Thank you” You reply.
”So, excited for today?” N asks putting his phone away.
”Yeah I am. I have a amazing idea for choreo so I hope you guys will like it” You answer.
”Oh nice, I can’t wait to see it. I would like to go through it with you. Would it be okay if I gave in some suggestions?” N asks.
”Of course, but it’s still for the competition at the end of the week. So it does need to be a certain style” you answer.
”No problem. We’ll make something amazing together.. you and me” N says with a soft smile.
”Yes, I would very much like that” You say back with a smile.
”Oh hyung” Hyuk says seeing Leo and Ravi enter the cafe.
”Hey” Ravi says sitting down. “Oh.. you’re here too” Ravi says questioning.
”Yes, Hyuk asked my help earlier” You answer.
”Did he...” Ravi says looking at Hyuk.
Hyuk looks at his hyung who are looking stern at him and let’s out a loud sigh not saying a thing.

”Oh Leo, I brought your scarf along” you say handing him his scarf.
”Why do you have his scarf?” Hyuk asks suspicious looking at Leo.
”She seemed cold and I was getting in the van anyway so” Leo answers nonchalant.
”Oh really?” Ravi says looking at Leo.
Leo glared back at Ravi making him shut up.
”Here are your coffee’s” the waiter says placing down three cups. “Would you also like to order something?” the waiter asks Leo and Ravi.
”Yes, I’d like an americano” Leo answers.
”And I would like a cappuccino as well” Ravi answers.
”Coming right up” the waiter says walking back.
”This looks so cute” you say looking down seeing a bear formed in your coffee.
”Yeah you sure do” Leo says whispering.
”Huh?” you question looking up.
”What?” Leo asks back looking up as well.
”I agree tho” Ravi says laughing.
”About what?” You asks confused.
”Nothing” N says quikly.
Shrugging it off you grab your cup and take a sip. ”Ah~ hot” You say blowing out some air.
”Yeah.. that’s why it’s a hot beverage” Hyuk says looking in disbelief.

”Hello~” Ken says joining them loud.
”Oh, cutie is here too” Hongbin says smiling.
”Hm?” you asks looking up.
”Nothing” Hongin says sitting down.
”So.. nervous?” Ken asks.
”Not really. You guys are all really nice and easy to hang out with. I’m more excited to get started” You answer smiling.
”Good, I’m also exited to start working on you” Ken says with a smirk.
”Don’t you mean ‘with’?” you ask.
”Yeah.. yeah that is what I meant” Ken answers with a laugh.
Shaking his head N places his hand on his forehead.
”Here are your coffee’s, do you also would like to order something?” the waiter asks putting down the cups.
”Yes, I would like a latte macchiato” Ken answers.
”I would like a latte Hazelnut” Hongbin answers.
”Coming right up” the waiter says walking away.

”You said the dance had to be in a certain theme right? What kind of theme does it has to be?” N asks.
”The theme is seductive” you answer.
”Oh, then it’ll be easy” Ken says with a smile posing with a straight back.
”With you? It will be a real challenge” you say back.
Laughing Ravi falls off his chair.
”She’s good” Hyuk says laughing.
”HAH” Ken laughs loud sarcastic. “Hyung.. she’s bullying me” Ken says pouting.
”Nah” N says shrugging it off.
”Don’t be such a cry baby” Hongbin comments laughing.
Ken pouts looking away.
”I’m sorry” you say smiling sweetly.
”Try to make it sound like you mean it next time” Ken says back laughing a little.
Laughing it off they get disturbed by the waiter “Here you go, your coffee’s” he says placing down the cups.

With a small talk you enjoy your coffee together, once you’re done you leave the cafe to go to the company.
Entering the building you look your eyes out. While walls with a modern look fused with wooden accessories on the wall displaying a traditional Asian style.
”Pretty?” N asks.
”Yeah, it is” you reply looking around.
”Here, while walking through the company keep this pass around your neck” N says pulling it over your head and straightening it in the back of your neck.
Taking a deep breath you stare at the beautiful face right in front of you.
Flowing your hair back he fixes the cord “This should do” N says pulling his hand away sliding over your neck.
With that soft touch over your neck you quickly place your hand at the spot and turn away with a bright red face.
”You okay?” Hongbin asks seeing your red face.
”Ye.. Yeah fine” you stutter.
Smiling satisfied N walks away “Follow me”.

- TO BE CONTINUED - 

Next chapter: you work hard showing the choreography.
N helps you a little by suggesting some ideas.
and you start to become as ease and comfortable with the members... and so do they.