Skyscraper Part 1

Been Through
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

About a year and a half ago.

I arrived at the venue with Jisoo, Chaeng, and Lisa. We were just wearing casual outfits as advised by our Ji-na unnie. It was a dinner party, everyone under the label were invited, there were a couple of tables in the venue, idol groups and soloists were together in one area excluding our BIGBANG and 2NE1 seniors who were seated beside our CEO. Other employees were in the other side of the venue since there were plenty of them.

“I wish someday we could sit beside our boss like that, look at them ahhh~” Lisa stated while gushing over our boss’ table.

“Don't worry, we'll get there someday” I answered.

We handed over our coats to the staffs and were told to sit on a round table beside the other trainees. Other meaning all the other male trainees we haven't been able to meet since we auditioned for the label.

The other female trainees were already seated on the fourth table, us four were escorted to sit beside the table of the male trainees together with three other female trainees.

Everyone bowed to each other as we all settle down to listen to the mc of the event.

I wasn't able to pay attention with what the host was saying because I was suffering from a headache since we left the dorm.

“Jennie, are you alright?” Jisoo asked me silently.

I just nodded and gave her a smile. She always worries about me.

They served a lot of food and I could see that the girls were really enjoying it, as for me, I really didn't have the appetite to eat a bunch like them. The dinner went on for hours and the noise of people chattering and champagne glasses clinking was really making my head throb.

“I'll just go to the powder room” I smiled to the girls and excused myself to breathe and calm myself somewhere peaceful.

I went to the comfort room to freshen up, it was helpful at least but I still want a few minutes to breathe, I then saw a way out leading to the balcony. It was far from the main scene but you can still hear the mc and the faint background music. There were a couple of tables and chairs outside, no one was there so I felt relieved, I sat on the nearest chair overlooking the skyscrapers of Seoul.

Something about the night sky and the city lights joined together in one view makes me feel sentimental. It makes me feel safe from everything. It makes me believe that everything's gonna be alright.

I was gone off into some kind of trance that I didn't realize someone went into the balcony as well.

“Sorry to disturb you, but can I sit here?” a man’s voice asked me.

I turned around to look at him properly, he was wearing a white button down shirt, his hair was all over the place but at the same time suited him.

“Uhh… “ the guy mumbled with an uncomfortable look on his face, he rubbed the back of his head and looked straight at me.

“Oh, oh. sorry, yeah you can sit there, it's not like I own the place, it's okay.” I finally answered.

“You sure?” he asked again.

“Yeah, of course” I gave him a little smile.

He sat two tables away from me, even though we didn't know each other, there was an unexplainable comfortable silence. We sat there for some time, just looking through the night sky, inhaling the cold night breeze.

It was kinda weird stealing glances of some random stranger so I tried to speak to him, my headache now forgotten.

“Hey, uhh, which department are you from?“ I asked him, then regretting it after he looked at me with an are-you-serious face.

“Sorry, was it too personal? Just ignore that.“ I added bitterly.

“No, sorry, I was just surprised when you suddenly talked” he responded.

“I'm also a trainee here, about five years now, my name is Hanbin. And you?” he asked with a dashing smile in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter