Chapter 2 *Ruthless*

Sinner (SeulRene FF)

"I'm sorry I'm late." I rushed inside, already thirty minutes late. My long hairs were wet and I was in my grey yoga pants and black Nike crop top. I was running out of breath as I reached the terrace where they were working out that day.

"Don't enter." I ceased my foot in the air, shocked on the response. I hadn't stepped in from that glass door yet and she voiced, not even bothering to look at me.

"I'm so sorry, my alarm didn't go off." I lied bluntly, this job was important for me and all the classes I have to take for the job were mandatory.

The girls didn't turn their head to look at me as they were doing planks. But I feel that they were watching me from the corner of their eyes.

"Don't disturb." She voiced again, placing her hands on her waist while watching the girls attentively. I was shocked, confused. I have seen her in her Instagram posts and interviews, she was always super chill and nice.

Since she didn't let me in, I decided to just walk back to my room but no, It just has to be even worse.

"Did I ask you to leave?" I stopped walking, slowly turning my body to see her. She was glaring me with those beautiful hawk eyes of hers. She was sweating, the bandanna on her forehead was to keep her hairs from coming into her eyes.

"I though--" she cut my words in the middle with a harsh scoff.

"This is not a picnic, if you want this job then you should be punctual." Her words were hitting me like a rock. Such cruel fate, I was being insulted by a very calm, everyone's dear Miss Kang Seulgi. I must be a very horrible person to piss off such a kind soul, my .

If I was not in such a need for money, I would have spit right in her gorgeous face but being broke makes you spineless.

"I'm sorry miss I will be careful from next time." I lowered my face and uttered.

"Dips!" She yelled at the girls, and marched towards me. I gulped when as she came straight at my face. "Have you ever even worked out? You came here with such a mess of hair." She gritted her teeth, grinding her jaw. Why was she so mad at me? Shouldn't she be nice just to make us feel comfortable? I get that Nayeon has kind of forced us on her but still that was very inappropriate.

"I took a shower." I mumbled in my mouth, of course that's what I did, do you wanna hang me for this?

"Of course, I never said that you came swimming here." Her frown grew bigger. What is her problem? I'm not some fifth grader who would be punished just like that.

"Then what the do you want, miss?" I've had enough, it was just plain rude and unnecessary.

"Excuse me?" She looked shocked while arching one of her eyebrows. Her hands slipped down from her waist and hung them down lifelessly.

"You don't want me to workout, you had a problem with me leaving, and if I stay, you would object about my wet hair. I am confused with what you want of me miss." I folded my arms across my chest and raised my eyebrows. Our eyes met for a solid minute and let me tell you what, none of us broke the stare. It felt like her eyes were swimming in mine, so deep and creepy at the same time.

"Is that so?" Her lips form a straight line and nodded her head in annoyance, "five times." She mumbled, turning on her heel to the other girls.

"What?" I didn't get what she said. What five times? Does she want to poop five times? Because she looked like she is having constipation.

"You're gonna go down the stairs and then run all up and repeat it five times." She didn't even look at me but the girls gasped in shock. Is this kidding me? There are like 100 stairs and she really wanted me to climb up and down for five freaking times?

"But th---," I couldn't finish my sentence before she continued,

"Do you want this job or not? A minute ago you were complaining that you want to workout," she swirled around to look at me. The girls had ended their workout class now and it's my time to suffer. "You need a workout more than the others anyway." There was a slightest of mock in her tone. The other girls were giggling while whispering in each other's ear. What the hell? I stood there for a minute before turning around to walk down the stairs. While running up and down, I couldn't stop thinking about what she said. I'm not fat, I'm in shape or am I really fat? Tears kept forming and disappearing in my eyes. I had my head down all this time.

"Hey calm down girl." I didn't see Nayeon climbing the stairs with me. "What are you even doing right now?" She looked at me and noticed the tears in my eyes.

"I was---," I looked away, swallowing my tears, " I was late so miss punished me." I said, all set to continue my endless running.

"Wait!" She stopped me again. "So what if you're late? This is your first day." She had a frown formed on her head. "Come with me." She narrowed her eyes, walking ahead of me. I followed her and we ended up at her lounge on her apartment.

"Hey babe!" Seulgi went out of her room wearing a sweatshirt with a pair of shorts. She lightly hugged Nayeon and glared at me. "Did you finished your five times?" I was about to shook my head when Nayeon broke the hug and faced her.

"Seulgi she's 20, and we don't punish them. I believe that at her age, girls take humiliation very seriously, and deserve respect too." I got her point but it didn't looked like Seulgi liked her lecture.

"I was just doing this so that she behaves next time." She argued. One can see the superiority on her face.

"She is not a kid. Plus, she is more fit than the other girls." Nayeon didn't bother to look at her, she was busy trying to take off her heels. "That will be it Irene but try not to be late next time, okay?" She said while giving me a satisfactory smile. It felt so good to be treated with respect and equality. But I feared for Seulgi's response because for sure she didn't like it.