A Pawn

OneShot Collection

TaengSic


 

×××××

 

Outside the club near to our University, I didn't remember how I got here in stranger's car kissing her like it was a full make out.

I was tipsy but this girl looked wasted and susceptible. She was in the state of being weak, I guess. Though she was initiating the kiss. She pulled and dragged me then we started making out like there's no tomorrow.

It was sloppy and aggressive.

"... you're just mine," she possessively said while still kissing me.

Then someone opened the door but the girl just continued kissing me.

"What the Jessica?" An angry guy asked.

So her name is Jessica.

Jessica broke the kiss and we both looked at the guy. He was handsome and looked sophisticated.

"What's this? You're a lesbian now huh?" He harshly accused.

"So?" Jessica asked with attitude. " off Steve. You have your new girlfriend right? Go her and leave me alone!" She shouted.

"I can't believe this!" He looked at me with disgust on his face.

"Oh and she's my girlfriend," Jessica exclaimed and I looked at her in disbelief.

"You'll regret this Jessica," he banged the door and left.

"What was that?" I asked.

"You heard me, you're my girlfriend," she sternly said.

I gulped. She was kinda scary.

She was about to kiss me but she stopped and asked "What's your name again?"

"K-Kim Taeyeon," I answered.

"Okay, I'm Jung Jessica. Girlfriend."


 

×



 

I still remember that night when Jessica used me as her pawn.

After that night, when her consciousness came back. She clarified things like we're not really girlfriends because she told me that she's not a lesbian. She just wants her ex boyfriend to get jealous and she wants him back.

At school, we act like we're a real couple. She's sweet and caring, I know it's just an act but I think I'm falling for her. We also became good friends, we became close like the skinship isn't a big deal.

Sometimes when we kiss I take the opportunity to enjoy it. I really like her and my feelings for her grows everyday. It's kinda bad because she's in love with her ex and she's not into girls.

It's impossible that she would like me because she only sees me as a friend, a pawn. And it's all I could be to her.

Almost a month passed, and my sweet dream was about to end because our act was effective. Steve got really jealous so he confronted us.

"Are you seriously gonna choose her over me?" Steve skeptically asked Jessica.

"Stop this Steve, and yes she's my girlfriend," Jessica firmly replied.

"Jessica, I know you still love me and you're just using this... this dyke to get me jealous," he bluntly said.

"Excuse me?" I asked. It kinda pissed me when he called me a dyke. "Can you just leave us alone? Jessica is my girlfriend so off dude." I confidently said.

"You ing dyke," he was about to punch me but Jessica covered me.

"Stop it!" Jessica squealed. "What are you gonna do Steve? You will punch her, seriously?"

"She's just a dyke, she's not a girl to me so yes, I definitely will," he rudely said.

"Why are you being mean?" Jessica asked him.

"Because she's taking you away from me," he grumbled.

I gave him a smug look and he glared at me.

"Taeyeon?" Jessica called me.

"Yes babe?" I sweetly asked.

"Can you leave us alone? I will just talk to him," Jessica requested.

My smug look wiped off my face and Steve smirked.

I looked at Jessica in disbelief and she mouthed please.

"Um... o-okay..."

Jessica hugged me briefly and whispered "Thank you. I owe you a lunch."

Then I left them with my broken heart.

 

×


 

Later that day, I went to Jessica's house. We were in her room watching a movie.

"He wants me back," Jessica squealed in happiness. "I should tell him that we're not really together Taeng. He told me that he still love me and I'm so happy about it." She ecstatically said.

Okay I felt like there was a knife that stabbed directly into my chest because of that.

I tried to contain myself and pretend that it was nothing to me, I also tried to smile but I couldn't. I couldn't fake it.

Then I could feel Jessica was staring at me but I just glued my eyes on tv screen with my stoic expression.

"Are you okay Taeyeon? You seem off today," Jessica noticed.

I just nodded. I couldn't say a word because I might burst out.

"What's wrong?" She asked concerned.

I shook my head trying hard to hold back my tears. I hate it, why am I being emotional?

"Taeyeon, you look so sad. What happened?" She held my shoulder and squeezed it.

I couldn't hold back and tears started to run down my face. I really hate myself for this, I'm being weak.

"Oh gosh Taeng, why are you crying? Tell me, what's the problem?" She inisisted.

I shook my head, no. I won't tell her.

"Tell me, please..."

I remained silent.

"Taeyeon... what's wrong?"

I gulped "I... I like you," I muttered.

"What?"

Then I immediately shut my mouth.

"What did you say?" Jessica asked dubiously.

"I said I like you Jessica!" I blurted out. .

"No," she shook her head. "It can't be... we're just friends. You can't do this to me. I'll pretend that I didn't hear anything and let's just forget about this."

"But Jessica-"

"Stop it Taeyeon!" She looked at me as if I have an infectious disease then she jumped off from bed. "I don't want to hear it. We're just friends so please, just accept that."

. That broke my ing heart like a million knives hit it. Her words were daggers that made my heart crashed into pieces. There was unsettled things in my stomach that I couldn't explain but I hate it.

"I need a beer, ," Jessica mumbled and she left me in her room.

Then I put my hand on my chest and massaged it but the pain didn't ease. I was heaving and I started to sob quietly. I didn't want her to hear me but my emotions were overflowing. This pain was unbearable and suffocating.

I shouldn't have done that, I knew this would happen but still, I pushed it and I'm hurt.

this love, move on little .


 

×


 

Jessica and I went to a bar because she will meet her ex there. She left me in front of the counter where the barista was serving tequilas, she was talking to Steve while I looked miserable drinking alone.

I didn't know how much I drank but I wanted to drown myself and forget everything that happened.

"Hey," Jessica approached me. She was with Steve. I turned to them and forced a smile.

"Hi Taeyeon," Steve greeted me with a smile. "So... Jessica told me everything and I'm really sorry for being rude. I was just jealous because I thought that you and Jessica were real. But thanks because you made me realize how much I love her," he kissed Jessica's crown.

Though the music was blaring, I heard what he said clearly.

I just nodded and gave him a fake smile because inside me, I'm in pain. I didn't want him to notice so I put my mask on.

Jessica smiled "Do you want to dance?"

She knew that I would decline because I'm not into it.

I shook my head "I'll just stay here."

"Okay, enjoy. See you around Taeyeon," Steve nicely said and they left me.

I just continued my business and party by myself.

I didn't notice that there was a beautiful lady next to me. I turned to her and checked her out.

She was gorgeous with her short black hair. She sensed that I was staring at her so she turned to me and smiled.

"Are you alone?" She asked.

I shook my head "Nope, I'm with my friend but she's busy with her boyfriend."

"Oh... third wheel huh? That's sad..."

"That ..." I corrected.

She giggled "I know, me too. All of my friends here are taken."

"Cheers to that," I took a shot and drank it all in a gulp.

"Actually... they gave me a dare," she bashfully said.

"What dare?"

"They will give me 500 bucks if I get your number. I hope you could give me your number for that?" She politely asked.

"Just for 500 bucks? Nothing more?" I was hoping that she likes me. I'm hopeless I know.

"Yes, for 500 bucks," she answered.

Ouch. My face fell.

"Oh... and so... I could buy you a drink if you want?" She suddenly added.

"Buy me a drink huh? Are you flirting with me?" I asked cockily. I'm totally carefree.

She grinned "Yes. Honestly, I like you. When you entered the bar, you caught my attention. You look so sad, I don't know but I really want to know you."

That made me giggle, at least, someone cares for me even a stranger.

"Give me your phone," I demanded.

She took her phone from her back pocket and gave it to me. I typed my number and saved it.

"Here," I gave it back to her.

She took her phone and read my name "Taeyeon?"

I nodded.

"Pretty name... um... I'll just get my prize and I'll buy you a drink," she stood up.

"Wait, what's your name?"

"Tiffany... Tiffany Young," she winked at me and gave me an eye smile then she walked back to her friends.

I unconsciously smiled, she lifted my mood somehow.


 

×


 

I woke up with headache the next morning. I was in a familiar room, it's Jessica's room if I'm not mistaken.

I didn't remember how I got here.

All I could recap was Tiffany bought me a drink and we talked then blurred. I was knocked down, probably, wasted last night.

Then I felt a body against me, Jessica was hugging me and she was using my chest as a pillow. She looked peaceful.

I tried to pull away but her hug tightened and she groaned.

I took a deep breath. I held her hand and tried to move it but she groaned and buried her face on my chest.

"Jessica... I have to go..."

"No... just stay here..." She sleepily replied.

"But I really need to go..." I insisted.

Jessica groaned and sat up grumpily "What? Now I can't cuddle with you because I rejected you huh?"

"What?" I frowned.

"So, you have your new friend huh? You're not ashamed flirting with that girl last night!" She harshly said.

"You know, if you want to cuddle just call your boyfriend," I bitterly retorted.

She sighed "So that's it. You're being like this because Steve and I are together. You know, I will never like you right? I'm not like you. I'm not a lesbian. So stop this nonsense Taeyeon! Don't ruin our friendship because of your stupid feelings!"

She was so mean, that totally broke me leaving nothing.

I stood up from the bed "You're right Jessica. My feelings for you are just nonsense and stupid. Worthless. . Nothing."

I was about to leave but Jessica followed me and held my arm "I'm sorry Taeyeon. I didn't mean it."

"Yes, you do. You mean it and I understand everything you said. I'm so done being hurt. I never ask you to love me back and you're too good at hurting me. It hit me now Jessica, I'm nothing to you. Alright... great. So please leave me alone," I sternly said.

"Taeyeon, please... don't do this..." She begged.

I shoved her hand away from me "This is over. Our friendship is over."

Finally, I stand for myself.





 

×××××


 

Not always a happy ending. Sometimes you have to stop and rest. Sometimes you have to let go of someone to cease the pain. Sometimes you need to end something to start over. 

 

Cliffhanger? Part II? Just comment.

What do you think of the first two chapters? 😞