Stay and Still

OneShot Collection

TaeNy.

Of course, my OTP first 😜😜

Let's get started hooman! 😸🙈


 

×××××


 

Late night.

I went to a bar near at Seolhyun's apartment. I was alone when I went there because Seolhyun forgot her wallett in her crib but she would be here anytime soon.

I took a seat and ordered a bucket of beers.

As my order arrived, I started to drink alone. To my boredom, I toured my eyes around and something caught my attention at the counter where the bartender was serving drinks.

Tiffany Young, my ex.

. Of all people? Why do I need to see her?

Oh right. Seolhyun and Tiffany have the same apartmet building. I, once, lived there. At Tiffany's. When we were still together but she dumped me because she said, her feelings faded away.

Just like that.

She left me completely shattered and broken.

I still remember everything, it's vivid. It's just two months ago, that's why.

Our relationship started by a dare of her friends. She accepted it but as the time went by, she said she fell in love with me. When I knew that, I almost broke up with her but she wanted me to stay. She cried and pleaded just to make me stay so I stayed because I loved her. I'm still in love with her.

She's a rich girl from America. We have the same college, Seoul University. I'm a scholar there because if not, I can't afford to study there. My family isn't rich so I'm glad that I got the scholarship there. It's a prestigious University here in Korea, it will be a good record for my CV.

Anyway, Tiffany wasn't alone and she's with Nick a.k.a. her best friend. I doubt that.

I think, Nick likes her. Damn. And they're together here being sweet like a couple. Good for Tiffany. I hope she's happy with him.

They looked so close and they didn't mind skinship unlike, us before. Tiffany even made rules in our relationship.

No touching.

No kissing.

And, no .

I understand the no  rule but no touching and kissing? That's ridiculous.

I craved for that ever since, you can't blame me we were in a relationship and I love her. Of course I always wanted to touch her even just her hand and kiss her on forehead but she didn't allow me to.

So I realized that she doesn't love me the way I do. I'm just a friend to her or I don't know. Sometimes I felt like she was disgusted with me.

Maybe, it's better that she broke up with me. I'm better off without her. Nah, not really. I still love her. And I know that's stupid.

I really wanted to go but I should, at least, wait for Seolhyun and I already ordered drinks.

I sighed kinda frustrated. I should've waited for Seolhyun. I hope she would come here right now.

I unconsciously looked at the counter again and met Tiffany's gaze. She was looking at me!

Then Nick leaned forward to her and whispered something. She giggled and looked at him then pecked his lips.

She kissed him in front of me! I grasped the bottle of beer and I was shaking. I was mad and jealous.

We did kiss before, just once and I made the move that time. I was jealous because she never made a move to me like that.

They both turned their back and continued to talk.

So I drank and gulped the beer, I just continued even if my throat was burning. I needed it.

I almost emptied the bottle of beer.

"," I mumbled to myself.

I tried to calm myself, I shouldn't be like this. Now that it's clear, Tiffany is with Nick. I should move on because obviously, she already moved on.

I guess, we weren't that serious for her. That slapped me hard.

I just wanted to be numb. Wake up Taeyeon! You're just nothing to her.

Someone interrupted my thoughts. He approached me and invited himself to sit in front of me.

He's handsome and his smile was cocky, I knew he's from my University as well.

"Hey beautiful, why are you alone?" He asked.

I just shrugged and stared at him.

"If I make you smile, you'll give me your number. Deal?" He smiled and wiggled his eyebrows.

I didn't answer him and just stared.

He stared back at me for few seconds then he tossed his imaginary long hair like a gay, he snapped his fingers and blew a kiss. His facial expression was funny so I couldn't hold it back and laughed.

"You look like a gay, are you?" I asked while giggling.

"I'm not gay but I can act like I am just to make you laugh, you're so beautiful," he complimented.

I raised my eyebrows "Wow. Nice pick up line."

"Nah. It's not a pick up line. I don't do such things and you're not a pick up girl," he defensively said.

I nodded "Okay."

"So, will you give me your number?" He requested.

"I'm sorry but I didn't agree and... I'm gay," I admitted.

"Gay? Really? But you don't look like one," he commented.

"I only like girls," I clarified.

He seemed offended but I didn't care.

I glanced at the counter and I saw Tiffany was looking at us, not discreetly. She was glaring at the guy in front of me.

"You know, you can try me. I mean, try to date me-"

I cut him off "Sorry but if you think you could make me be a straight girl, you're just wasting your time."

"You just have to try it being with a man. I will treat you like a princess," he insisted.

I was about to reply but Seolhyun interrupted me "Sorry Dean but I'm already treating her like a queen."

Dean stood up looking at Seolhyun "You're dating her?"

I guess they knew each other.

"Yes, she's my girl so... please leave her alone," Seolhyun said with an attitude as she folded her arms.

Dean shook his head and smiled "Alright... fine," he looked at me and took my hand. "Nice to meet you anyway," he kissed the back of my hand then he let go.

"Ya!" Seolhyun shouted at him.

Dean chuckled then he walked away.

Seolhyun stomped her feet then sat in front of me, she was pouting. What a cutie.

"You know him?" I asked.

"What? Are you interested?" She grumbled.

I shrugged "Just curious."

"He's a varsity player, vice captain of soccer team," she explained but it sounded like er to me.

Anyway, Seolhyun is the cheerleader captain. She's also the face of our University because of her outstanding performance in academics. She has a lot of billboards and posters around the campus. I know, she's truly a beauty and brain plus the bonus, she's rich.

Even though she has those qualities, she's humble and kind to everyone, that's why she has many friends and everyone likes her. She's really famous and I'm glad that we became friends.

"Oh okay..."

I glanced at the counter again and saw Tiffany looked shocked to see me with Seolhyun.

"Oohh... your ex is here," I turned to Seolhyun and she was staring at Tiffany.

I looked back and forth, it looked like they have staring contest huh? Or more like Tiffany was glaring while Seolhyun looked challenging her.

"She's with Nick," I bitterly said.

"Nick is gay," Seolhyun informed me.

I shook my head "Nope. They kissed in front of me."

Seolhyun turned her head to me "Really?" I nodded.

"Weird," she muttered. "Well... maybe we should kiss in front of your ex?" She suggested.

I frowned "Why?"

"To show her that you already moved on with me," she nonchalantly stated.

I frowned a bit more "But I haven't moved on."

"I know but you should show her that you do if she's with Nick now. That just played you, she doesn't deserve your love," she gritted her teeth while saying the last sentence.

"You should move on Taeng, it's been two months and she just dumped you like that. You are just nothing to her. She doesn't really love you. Feel the pain then heal yourself. Help yourself Taeyeon," Seolhyun advised as she held my hand.

"You're right," I sadly admitted. "I should move on and help myself."

"Good, let's kiss now," after she said that she quickly leaned forward to me and kissed me on lips.

It completely caught me off guard, I didn't know how to react but when her soft lips had contact with mine, my world went in slow motion.

My heart almost skipped a beat but I knew to myself that it had nothing to do with me. I don't have romantic feelings for Seolhyun and I can confirm that. Maybe, I'm just comfortable with her and in two months or more, I've never had intimate contact with others.

My body just reacted this much because before, I was craving for this until it faded. Tiffany made me crave for this but she never gave any to me. It's just sad that our relationship didn't work and it just ended like that.

She ended it just like that.

I should stop thinking about her and just enjoy this moment. Besides, I'm really comfortable with Seolhyun.

I was about to move my lips and respond to the kiss but I felt like someone was grabbing me away.

The kiss was harshly broke by someone who pulled me away.

"What the-" I looked at the person who pulled me and to my surprise it was none other than Tiffany.

I frowned as I looked at her in disbelief. She looked furious.

"What the hell? What are you doing?" Seolhyun asked irritably.

"You can't kiss Taeyeon!" Tiffany angrily retorted.

Seolhyun laughed sarcastically "Oh really? But I already did."

"And that's the last time," Tiffany said like she was giving Seolhyun a warning.

"Not really, I can kiss her whenever I want," Seolhyun held my face but Tiffany shoved it away.

"Don't you dare touch her!" Tiffany possessively said.

Seolhyun stood up "What is your problem? Taeyeon isn't your girlfriend anymore! You should know where to place yourself."

Tiffany smirked then she crossed her arms "What? Are you her girlfriend?"

Seolhyun gritted her teeth and she ran her fingers through her hair in frustration.

"Why can't you answer?" Tiffany asked her cockily. "Taeyeon doesn't like you, she just treats you like a sister. We all know that," she reminded us.

And she's right about that.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"You," Tiffany replied with no hesitation.

Seolhyun snorted.

My eyebrows snapped together and I stood up "What do you wany Tiffany?" I asked again.

"You," she repeated. "I want to talk to you. Come with me," her tone changed and it softened.

"Seriously Tiffany? You want to talk to her after you broke up with her two months ago? Leave Taeyeon alone!" Seolhyun angrily shouted.

"Please Taeyeon?" Tiffany just ignored Seolhyun's statement. She was staring at me, longingly.

"Are you deaf? Leave her alone-"

I interrupted Seolhyun "Okay," I answered Tiffany. "Let's talk."

I guess I want a clear closure between us so I can finally move on.

Seolhyun frowned and Tiffany smiled a bit.

"But Taeyeon, are you sure?" Seolhyun asked me concerned and I nodded.

"Thank you Tae," Tiffany held my hand and my heart began to beat faster again.

In two months, I felt neutral like nothing excites me. That's awful but when Tiffany held me, it's like she gave my life back again and she painted colors to it.

"Let's go to my place," then she dragged me out of the bar.


 

×


 

In her apartment.

She let me sit on the couch in her living room while she was pacing back and forth in front of me. She looked panicked and distress about something while she was biting the nail of her right thumb.

I don't know why I'm here with her, I don't know why I let her dragged me just like that after what she did to me, I don't know why I feel happy because she wanted to talk to me. I know, it's kinda dumb to think, to feel and to hope for something. She hurt me and I supposed to move on like what she did.

I still love her but that doesn't mean I have to be like this, she's making me feel weak and stupid. She still control my emotions, not me. That's ridiculous but believe me, I tried to control and stop this. Still, I couldn't.

to . My bad. I feel sorry for myself.

Then Tiffany stopped right in front of me and she folded her arms over her chest giving me those glares like what the ?

"Why are you kissing that... that girl?!" She asked angrily.

"And why do you care?" I asked back just to piss her off. What now? What does she wants?

"Don't answer me with a question Taeyeon, answer what's being asked. I'm not playing here," she retorted and she irritably pulled her hair in frustration.

I smiled bitterly and stood up "Well, I'm not playing either. Why do you care? I can kiss whoever I want and it's none of your business."

Her glare suddenly turned to sad stare.

"You know, I want to set something straight here. I'm just here to have a proper closure Tiffany and obviously, you already moved on which is great. It's cool. Yeah... really. Now, I know why you broke up with me... just to be with that guy!" I concluded.

I was trying my best to hold on my tears. It was hard to admit. Our breakup really hurt me, it wrecked my heart that I could still feel it. It also affects my whole body like a virus especially my stomach, it's like something drops in it or sometimes, it flips. It's unsettled and I hate it.

"I'm so done with you Tiffany," then tears escaped from my eyes but I quickly wiped it. "So off."

I was about to walk out but she hugged me from behind.

I closed my eyes and tears started to fall again. I couldn't contain my emotions. I've missed her touch, I've missed her but I have to be strong this time.

I tried to remove her arms around me but Tiffany tightened her hug. My arms became idle and I stopped resisting.

Tiffany sobbed as she burried her face on my shoulder "I'm sorry Tae..." Gosh, I missed her calling me like that.

"I'm sorry Tae, I'm sorry for leaving you and hurting you. I was coward- still scared but believe me, I love you. I'm still in love with you," she confessed.

"In love with me? Really?" I asked sarcastically. "Well I don't feel it. When we were together you always make me feel worthless and you're disgusted with me. You even didn't want me to touch you and you made rules in our relationship. What am I supposed to feel huh? Apparently, you don't love me!" I poured my heart out.

"And you kissed Nick in front of me, remember? You wanna show me that you totally moved on. I'm not blaming you anyway, I'm just stuck in our relationship but I promise you, I will get over it," I claimed while crying. It also hurt me to say those words. I still love Tiffany and it kills me. I just want to forgive her and give her a chance if that's what her asking for but I'm afraid that she would do it again to me.

"I just kissed Nick to make you jealous and it's just nothing," she clarified.

"So I can just kiss anybody just like that," I countered.

"No! I mean, he's gay and everybody knows that. Nick is just my best friend," she informed like what Seolhyun said earlier to me. So he's really gay?

"I made rules to keep our boundaries, I admit that because I was scared Taeyeon. I was scared that you might leave me," she explained and I frowned.

Why would I leave her?

"What?" Tiffany loosened her hug and it was my cue to pull away from her then faced her. Her eyes were reddened and puffed. I could see a lot of emotions in her, negative emotions.

"Leave you? Why would you think of that? Are you making story now huh?" I accused.

She shook her head "It's true, I was a coward before and I hate myself for that. I was thinking what if I gave everything to you then after that, you would just leave me? I didn't want you to touch and kiss me because it would trigger me to do more. I swear Taeyeon, I craved for it. I really wanted- want to touch and kiss you to show you how much you mean to me."

"Ahh.. so you think I only want you for then I would just leave if I got what I wanted? Do you think I'm that kind of person?" I hate it, it even hurt more. She doesn't trust me, that's why.

"No, of course not Tae. It was me, I got scared. And yes I broke up with you because I thought it was for the better that I wouldn't get a heart broken but I was wrong. I got really miserable without you. My life even more and I feel dysfunctional. I feel like a robot, lifeless. Emotionless," she managed to say while sniffling and tears kept streaming down her face.

"I want you back, I'm sorry for being selfish before but Tae, it really hurt me to see you kissing that girl. I know that she likes you and I'm so jealous of her," she admitted shamelessly.

"Do you think I will believe you? Or if I believe you, do you think it will change everything that happened?" I asked.

Tiffany shook her head again "No it won't but please, give me another chance to make things right. Fine, I won't promise you anything but I will show you everyday how much I love you if you just give me this chance." She leaned to me and held my face.

I felt her warm hands and it gave life to me. My heart was beating furiously. It revived and recharged me full.

"I love you Tae, please..." she pleaded. "I love you so much."

I couldn't take it anymore and kissed her. I was surprised that she didn't push me away like she always did before instead, she wrapped her arms around my neck and complied to my kiss. She initiated the moves and my heart was celebrating.

I've craved this moment for a long time and with this kiss, I could feel her love. She didn't want any distance as I felt her body against me, slowly grinding it.

I reluctantly put my hands on her hip while she was leading the kiss. Her aggressive moves made me feel some heat inside me. It was like a fuel that urging me to do more.

My idle hands turned active and it moved up to Tiffany's back massaging it. I think she likes it because of those low moans that I heard.

Our smooching sound was audible and it was all I could hear.

I love how she leads this sweet session, not too much that I can follow and respond to her with the same pressure she's giving me.

I love how good she tastes, I love how nice she smells. I love everything about her. I love her. I still ing love her, my love for her didn't change a bit.

I suddenly broke the kiss, we were both panting. I stared at her and she looked terrified.

"What's wrong?" She mumbled.

I tiptoed and kissed her forehead "I love you too."

Tears ran down from Tiffany's eyes but she also gave me her sweetest eye smile.

I held her cheeks and carefully wiped her tears "My love for you is still the same. I'm still in love with you too and there's nothing to forgive because I'm not mad at you. Now I understand why you acted like that. You just have to say it to me and trust me."

Tiffany nodded and she hugged me tightly "I love you so much Tae and I missed you."

"I missed you too Pani."

"I love it when you call me like that Tae... we will work this relationship together this time."

I smiled with that "Together... forever and a day."





 

×××××

 

"Communication to a relationship is like oxygen to life. Don't suffocate your relationship by not communicating. " - Tony Gaskins

Don't be afraid to say what you feel to avoid misunderstanding but still, choose your words and be careful not to hurt others. - Naru 💙