Chapter 7

Kindred Souls

"Ya, Sehun, come here and listen to this work of art. THIS IS AMAZING." Junmyeon marvelled at the album he's currently listening to, IU's Palette. He's been holding the physical album in his hand for hours now, he couldn't take off his eyes from IU's pictures. He even traces Jieun's cute handwriting in the cover with his fingers, being all giddy looking at it. She wrote:

Dear Junmyeon, 

I hope you'll like this album! This is the very reason why I was so keen on getting in the elevator on the fated day that we first met. 

your friendly neighbor, 

Jieun

"You know, you couldn't be more obvious that you have a crush on IU-ssi." Sehun bellowed at his bestfriend. "You look like a little kid that was gifted chocolates earlier, when she rang the doorbell and gave you her album." 

The two are seated in Junmyeon's living area, hanging out after a long day at work. Like Junmyeon, Sehun would be staying in Korea to help with their family's company. From time to time, he would hang out in his bestfriend's place. They would buy Soju and streetfood before going home and consume it while watching movies. As usual, Sehun would tease Junmyeon with no end with his obvious crush towards Jieun. The latter would playfully deny it, although he'd always blush whenever they talk about her. 

Junmyeon admitted that he's already been attracted to Jieun during their first encounter at the elevator. He's been fond of her since then, when he saw her in her oversized clothes, and when they had lunch together. He couldn't help but smile whenever he remembers how cute she was when she's eating, especially when her cheeks are full of food. He also loved the way her big doe eyes lit up whenever she's amazed during their conversation. Without knowing it, he's developed a crush on Jieun. Upon discovering her music, he also became a fan of musician IU. He was pleasantly surprised to know that she's the singer that he's been looking for, the one who sang "Through the Night" on the very night that he was still deeply hurt by his former flame, Irene. 

--

For 3 weeks, they continuously did the photoshoots and filmed CFs for IU's new advertisement with K Group's audio device line. They were rushing to finish it, before IU's comeback with her self-produced full album, Palette. In the set, Junmyeon would still distance himself from IU, respecting the singer's request to not make it known to anyone that they know each other as neighbors. However, back in their apartment complex, Jieun slowly warmed up to him again. Junmyeon would always message her after the shoots to thank her for working hard and she would reply, thanking him as well. From the very first shoot to the very last, without fail, Junmyeon would always bring food trucks for everyone to enjoy. She would even steal glances at him whenever she can, when people from the production team weren't looking.

Jieun would always talk about Junmyeon with her closest friend, Yoo Inna, whenever they hang out. Inna, in turn, would tease Jieun, saying how obvious it was that she's crushing on him so hard.  

Right after her comeback showcase, Jieun went straight ahead to Inna's apartment unit, just located on a different floor from hers and Junmyeon. She wanted to put some distance from Junmyeon at the moment, because the thought of having him in such close proximity makes her blush and giggle. She's indeed crushing on the guy, and she admits it to herself. She gathered up all of her courage to personally give him a copy of her physical album. She's lucky that she didn't stutter in front of him, especially that Sehun was there at the time, staring at them with his mischievous eyes. 

Inna cooked dinner for the both of them, She was beaming with pride at her best friend's yet another accomplishment. She playfully ruffles Jieun's hair to show her excitement towards her new album. 

"Jieun-ah, I thought we'd be having dinner at your place instead of mine, what happened?" Inna puts another serving of food at Jieun's bowl. 

"Ah, unnie, we've always been at my place. I thought this would be better, for a change." she continuously chomped on her food. 

"Ehhhhhh, I know what it is!" Inna points a finger at her.

"It's because of Mr. Vice President, isn't it?" she playfully pokes Jieun's shoulder. 

Jieun choked on her food and hurriedly drank water. Her hands fanning her face from the sudden heat.

"Omo! Omo! She's even blushing now. Jieun-ah has a crush on her Junmyeon-ssi, Jieun-ah has a crush on her Junmyeon-ssi." Inna hummed playfully. 

"Unnie! Alright... alright, I have a crush on Junmyeon-ssi. Stop teasing me already." Jieun grumbled, eyebrows knitted together. 

Inna laughed at her best friend's innocent crush towards her new neighbor. For what it's worth, she has no qualms if Jieun and Junmyeon started dating. They match well, and furthermore, Junmyeon seems like such a great guy. Inna stopped teasing Jieun, and they continue with their dinner. Both chatting about Jieun's recent comeback, and her on going drama shooting. 

---

Jieun is called into the Kakao M office by Chipmunk manager. He said that there are producers of an upcoming variety wanting to cast her as a member. It turns out that they are the producers for Hyori's BnB. Hyori is one of IU's most respected sunbaes in the industry and she always wanted to get close to her, she accepted the offer in an instant. Though, as the part-time worker for the Bed and Breakfast, she's definitely lacking a lot of skills like driving, and she's not exactly the most outgoing person especially with strangers. The only thing that Jieun can really offer is to be a good cook and do the household chores. She was given review materials to read regarding Jeju before she goes there on the second week of May. 

Jieun came back home instantly to start reading the review materials before her Music Bank filming at midnight. She finished reading it in just a few hours and there's still a lot of time left before she has to go. To maximize her time even more, she took out ingredients from her pantry and refrigetrator to start practicing her cooking skills. Thinking that her cooking skills is still lacking, she reached for her phone and browsed at her contacts to see who could help her. Almost all of her friends are really busy with their own schedules, especially Inna with her on-going drama. She couldn't go all the way to her parent's house too, she'll be wasting a lot on her travel time. Mustering up her strength, she dialed the number of the only person she could think of. 

"Oh, hello, Jieun-ssi. What's the matter?" a mellow yet manly voice answered. 

"Uh.. Junmyeon-ssi, I was wondering if you're free this afternoon?" she inquired, biting her nails anxiously. 

"I'm at home now, actually. Want me to come over?" he replied enthusiastically. 

"If that's okay with you? I need your help." she pleaded. 

"Okay, I'll be right there." the call ended. 

Jieun hid her face in her hands. What am I thinking? I must be crazy. 

the door bell rang. She hurriedly fixed her clothes, an oversized violet tee and denim shorts,  and checked herself out on the mirror before opening the door. 

Junmyeon is all smiles at her, he's dressed casually in a loose gray tee, chino shorts, and flip flops. He followed her lead into the kitchen. Different ingredients and utensils are splayed all over. He patiently waits for Jieun to say something. She's looking down and fidgeting with her fingers. 

"Hmmm? sooooo?" he pokes her shoulder, eyes focused on her. 

"well.. when we first had lunch, you t - told me that you'll teach me how to cook if ever I needed your help." she stammered, her head still hung low. 

Junmyeon cracked a smile. He pats her head. "Stop being cute, and let's start with the lesson. Come on." 

For the first lesson, Junmyeon instructed Jieun to cut different vegetables in uniformed sizes. He lets her cut the potato at first, but upon seeing her clumsiness, it was dangerous if she kept on cutting with her poor grip of the kitchen knife. Junmyeon hovered behind her and leaned forwards to properly guide her. Jieun's body tensed at the sudden contact. Her small and fragile body is enveloped by his lean but toned torso and arms.

Junmyeon clutched both of her hands, the right with the knife, the left  holding the potato. 

"Okay, this is how you should hold your knife, firmly." he squeezed her hand. "and for the other one like this, use your knuckles as guide,so you won't cut your fingers."

This is the first time since they met that Jieun was able to get in close contact with Junmyeon. She could smell his perfume, it's clean, bright, and a little bit sweet even. She glanced at her right, his face is inches away from her. She eyed him descendingly, from his arched eyebrows and almond shaped eyes, to his pointed nose and pink delicate lips, to his chiselled jaw and prominent adam's apple. She ran her tounge over her lips.

"Jieun-ssi? Are you listening?" Junmyeon found her staring at him. "I'll let you do it again, this time." he lets go of her her, and steps back. 

"Uh.. yes." Jieun snapped out of her daydream. Still, she couldn't move properly with Junmyeon just inches behind her, looking at her every move. Luckily, his phone buzzed and he excused himself to take an important phone call. 

Junmyeon went to the living area to answer the call, looking at the the Han River view while conversing. He ended the call abruptly when he heard Jieun screamed in agony. He rushed towards her, his eyes full of worry. 

She's clutching her left index finger, she accidentally cut her herself while Junmyeon wasn't actively monitoring her. 

"Where's your first aid kit located?" he panted, looking closely at Jieun's cut. 

"It's in the bath.. bathroom, in the drawer." Jieun winced at the shooting pain. 

"Okay, I'll go get it. Wait here and wash your hands first." Junmyeon ran towards the bathroom to get it and rushed to Jieun. 

After administering the first aid, Junmyeon let Jieun relax in the sofa first. They're seated in close proximity next to each other. Junmyeon examines Jieun's cut again. 

"This will do, it won't scar, don't worry." he reasurred her, still clutching at her left hand. "I hope this won't get in the way of your performance later at midnight." he lets go of her hand and gives her an apologetic smile. 

Jieun's head is still hung low, embarassed of her clumsiness. She's fidgeting with her hands again. "T- Thank you, Junmyeon-ssi. I'm sorry I'm such a klutz." she looked up, only to find Junmyeon staring right at her, his eyes dripping with honey. 

"Jieun-ssi, Did you know you have a lot of moles in your face?" 

"ehh? ... I guess so.. yes." Jieun stammered, taken aback by his sudden question. "It's maybe about.. three, I'm not so sure."

"No.." Junmyeon's voice gets lower. He leans forward. "One." he plants a kiss on her left cheek mole, her most prominent one. "Two." he brushes her hair back, and lays a kiss on her mole just slightly above the first one. "Three." he kisses her mole beneath her right eye. "and... four." Jieun has her eyes closed the whole moment , too flustered with Junmyeon's actions, but she could feel his lips part on the right side of her jaw.

Her eyes snapped open, Junmyeon's face is only inches away from hers. He is still staring at her, his unruly gaze visually pleading, begging for consent as he moves closer. Jieun closed her eyes again. She felt his lips graze her own. She responded immediatly, moving her lips in sync with his. His mouth was so warm, the caress of his lips was softer than she could have imagined. She s her arms around his neck, weaving her fingers through his soft hair to bring him closer. Junmyeon in turn wrapped his arms around her waist, making their bodies flushed with each other.

Their lips molded into each other's leisurely, both taking their time kissing each other only to be disturbed by the buzzing of Jieun's phone. She pulled away from the kiss to reach for her phone, Junmyeon's arms still tightly wound around her. It was Hanteo manager, with 2 missed calls already. 

I'll pick you up in an hour. Be ready. 

The two were so into each other's touches that they weren't able to keep track of the time. Their kiss that started originally as sweet and innocent turned into a full make-out session, both hungry for each other's affection after distancing themselves from one another for almost a month. Junmyeon pressed his forehead against Jieun while the latter texts her manager. Jieun, also disappointed by the sudden interruption buried her face on the crook of his neck. They stay in that position in silence for a short while, both not wanting to let go of each other first.

------

Okay, I've let you all suffer for so many chapters now, so here's a treat! There's more to come! *wink wink*