(SPOILER)[Halo Reach]: Nobles Final Dance

Welcome To The Virtual Realm

Summary: It's over. The Covenant has overrun Reach and the UNSC are on the retreat. In one last operation, Spartan-III Seulgi-102 (Noble Three) and Yeri-055 (Noble Five) cover the retreat of the UNSC ship Pillar of Autumn which possibly carried the last hope for humanity's survival.

But with the Pillar of Autumn being the last ship leaving the fallen planet, both have no way to escape and face certain death as Covenant forces close in on their position.

Cast:

Seulgi as Noble Three

Yeri as Noble Five

Mentioning of Irene (Noble One/Leader), Wendy (Noble Two) & Joy (Noble Four)(All Killed In Action).

 


 

The two Spartan watched as the light of the engines faded into the blazing skies of Reach. The world, they once called their home was left devastated. The green open plains were just scorched earth. The montains torn down by the weapons of their enemies. Cities burned and bases destroyed. 

"That's it, I guess", Seulgi said and looked at the younger Spartan.

Yeri nodded and her grip on her rifle tightened. 

"I hope we made a difference in this war. These aliens won't stop at nothing until we're all dead", she said and checked the ammunition count on her weapon. The ammo count was still relatively healthy. Although she wasn't so sure if that was enough.

The sound of war was roaring all around them. Thunderous explosions, eye-blinding plasma bolts, the engines of Banshees and Wraiths, even the far away voices of UNSC soldiers holding the ground.

But strangely, it was very quiet for them. In this moment, it was only them. And them alone.

"I just wished we would have meet under different conditions", Seulgi suddenly said, "all of us."

"What you mean?"

"Us, Noble Team. I wish we could have met each other as civilians rather than soldiers on the battlefield. And maybe as students in school", Seulgi explained. She looked at the far distance as a massive energy beam from a CSS-class carrier came down from space lighten up the skies.

"Yeah, I wished this hell didn't happen", Yeri mumbled, "Seulgi...my emotions. We have been fighting together for a year now. Before everything ends I just want to say..."

"We better prepare for this final battle", Seulgi interrupted and turned around. She knew what the Spartan was about to say and she couldn't bear to say it herself. She might regret it not saying it to her. But sometimes, things didn't go the way they wanted. 

Yeri looked after her climbing up the stairs leading back into the outer perimeter of the base.

She was conscripted into the Spartan III Program at the age of ten. Despite being taught not to show any emotion, Yeri couldn't help but dream of being a regular sixteen year-old teenage girl looking for some love. 

"Why does it have to end like this", Yeri whispered bitterly and looked at the rifle in her hand. She knew being a soldier meant that she lives at the edge of life. But hell, she wished she could at least die without regrets. Which she probably won't have. She shook her head to clear all these thoughts and joined Seulgi in the preparation of an ambush. 

"Focus Yeri!“, she said to herself and ran after Seulgi and set up position in an elevated position to provide cover fire.

Soon they heard the voices of Grunts and Elites getting closer and closer.

"They are coming."

 


 

Yeri didn't know anymore for how long they held their position as she continued fighting alongside Seulgi between the remains of the base.

The Covenants have overrun pretty much the entirety of Reach and began glassing the world. And still here they were fighting for a lost cause. But if they die, they might as well take as many as they could with them. 

With ammunition running low, they took everything they got their hands on that could remotely kill something. Picking up weapon after weapon, they killed hundreds of enemies and continuing. 

Suddenly, energy bolts came from an uncovered angle hitting Yeri in the back, depletting her shield. Another shot from a sniper rifle hit her through the stomach, sending her to the ground.

Seulgi looked in shock as the younger went down. She grabbed a rifle from the ground and took out the Elites that were shooting at Yeri. She quickly rushed over to her.

"Yeri! Yeri! Stay with me!", Seulgi said and knocked on Yeri's helmet which showed stains of blood and a cracked helmet. Some stray bolts must have scraped her helmet. 

"Seulgi, this time you won't interrupt me that rudely", Yeri weakly said, "the concept might be strange for us Spartan but I'm pretty sure that the beating of my heart and the fluttering feelings in my stomach when I'm with you is enough for me to say I love you."

"Yeri...I love you, too."

"Take your helmet off...', Yeri said and coughed, "I want to see you one last time...with my very own eyes."

Seulgi noticed that her life was slowly slipping away. She nodded and gently removed her helmet first and then Yeri's revealing the pink hair the older loved so much. It made Yeri stood out and made her realize how unique the woman was. Yeri was a oddity within the Spartans. While most of them, remained calm and distant towards each other, Yeri was the complete opposite. She was very emotionally driven and it was probably her greatest strenght and weakness.

Yeri grabbed for her pistol and killed a Elite which wanted to ambush Seulgi. 

"I hope I can meet you again", Yeri said with her typical sassy grin.

Seulgi nodded and leaned in for a kiss, their first and final kiss they would share. 

"I love you, Yeri."

"I love you, too, Seulgi."

With these words, Yeri finally closed her eyes and died like Seulgi had hoped for. She died with a smile on her face knowing that the person she treasured the most felt the same way she did.

Seulgi heard voices in the distant and she grabbed her rifle from the ground.

She kicked the elite of her and smacked the other elite into its face. She quickly picked up the energy sword and rammed the blade into the aliens but a blade was put through her body aswell. Seulgi kicked back, spun around and sliced the Sangheili into two pieces. She dropped to the ground, her life slowly fading away from her. Mustering all what she had left in her, Seulgi crawled over to the body of her fallen lover.

"I'll guess that is it", Seulgi repeated from several hours earlier as she lied besides Yeri.

In her dying breath, Seulgi's mind wandered back to the rest of the team. Irene's sacrifice to ensure a safe passage to the base, Wendy's sacrifice by staying behind to detonate a Slipspace Bomb that destroyed the CSS in Reach's orbit and Joy's unbreakable spirit as she delayed an overwhelming Covenant force. And of course, Yeri who fought until her dying breath protecting everything she loved.

"Yeri...Let's meet again in another universe."


 

Remember them.

Remember Noble for all what they have done. 

 


 

Hello there,

I'm back with another game. This time Halo: Reach. Probably, the best Halo Campaign I have ever seen. The short deviates quite big from the original game. Noble Team is actually a six-soldier fireteam and you're main character is the faceless Noble Six who made a final stand alone, benefiting his Lone Wolf attitude.

Might be a little crappy due to the fact that this was a product of me trying to fall asleep at 1am. And counting.

I hope you liked the chapter and I wish you a good morning/good afternoon/good evening.

Stary, out.