[NieR: Automata]: The Life After

Welcome To The Virtual Realm

Summary: After the fall of YoRHa and its end the last surviving members Seulgi, Yeri alongside their support units and another unknown YoRha unit wander the world to find a purpose in life. During their travel they witness the beauty of the world and learn how to live to the fullest potential rather than waging a war all their life. 
Someday, Yeri's supressed feeling for her partner surface once again and Seulgi being completely oblivious to Yeri's feelings was to busy fishing. With the help of their pods Wendy and Irene they try to help out the poor android in gaining Seulgi's attention (and maybe get her away from her obsession of fishes). 

Cast:

Seulgi as 2B 

Yeri as 9S 

? as A2

Wendy as Pod 153

Irene as Pod 042
 



"Could you stop for mankind's sake?", Yeri said and tried to sweep her annoying Pod away, "your sense of humor is horrible, Wendy..."

Ever since the fall of YoRHa and the disappearence of Adam and Eve, Earth had been unusually quiet. They didn't stumbled across robots for months now and their travel covered a lot of ground already. It was so surreal having not to fight on a daily basis and being able to enjoy life a little bit more. But sometimes Yeri wished it would be back to how it used to be. Mainly because her Pod underwent quite a large personality change which she welcomed at first but by now she wasn't so sure if she really welcomed the change. Wendy's jokes were really horrible. Well, at least it wasn't boring all the time.

"Oh come on. You're just offended that your Seulgi spends more time fishing for the resistance rather than paying attention to you."

And maybe for that reason.

"Hell no! What makes you think that it's like that!", Yeri said in denial but it was true (sadly). Seulgi was too occupied fishing for the resistance which reduced the attention paid to Yeri to zero. Seulgi usually spent so much time with her talking about life back in the Machine-Android War.

Yeri tried a lot of things to get the others attention but nothing worked. She just got ignored over and over again. Heck, she even ressorted to asking Irene for some methods to gain her attention at one point but Irene was slightly to straight-forward and suggested to get her laid (if androids are modelled like humans...). Not like she didn't want it but it was too extreme even for her crazy mind. 

"Really?", the pod asked. "Okay, I admit that I feel neglected. Better?" The pod just chuckled and gave her an encouraging nod to the side. "You'll win her over. I believe in you." "Thanks, Wendy", Yeri said and smiled just slightly. Sometimes Wendy was someone/something she could rely on. "So about Irene's idea..." "SHUT UP!", Yeri screamed and pulled out her sword in an attempt to cut her stupid pod in half.

 


 

"Seulgi?", Irene asked, "Yeri wants to speak with you." The android looked up from the book she read about various fishes and their home waters. "I'm kind of busy now. Can you tell her that I'll talk later", she said and resumed reading the book.
Irene who witnessed Yeri sulking about the lack of attention ever since Seulgi started taking jobs for the (former) resistance simply grabbed the book and flew away with it. "Speak with Yeri or this thing lands in the next campfire", Irene shouted from the distance as she flew away.

Seulgi sighed. She knew she had to confront her sooner or later but this early? Her life was made up of killing and whatever task she got from the Commander. She was programmed to be that cold, distant and emotionless douchebag (ironically that's how she started to care for Yeri) who is ordered to kill Yeri over and over again in case the android found out the truth. How is she supposed to understand the concept of emotions (love) within a span of three months? She closed her eyes and imagined how her conversation would end up. "Experiencing fear ", she whispered and stood up, "I wish they didn't installed a emotion circuit to begin with. Otherwise I wouldn't have this problem now..." 2B killed or not 2B, she still wanted to finish that book.


 

"You wanted to talk to me?", Seulgi asked her long-time partner. The smaller android nodded and closed the distance between each other. "Yeah", Yeri said, "it's kind of important." "Let me guess, you want to say how much you love me? If yes. I love you, too.", the battle android said with a perfect pokerface.

The smaller android's eyes widen in shock, her jaw dropped to the ground. Even the pods stopped doing their routine check-up on each other. "Did Seulgi really...?", Wendy said speechless, "did she just dropped the bomb like that." "Yes, she did but I'm betting my non-existant money on it she's going to be Ddeulgi in any second", Irene said and she was right. Seulgi suddenly backed away her face taking on a crimson color.

"Uhhh...I mean", Seulgi stuttered and tried to find words to get out of this situation. But she just admit something she didn't understood the concept of. And to Yeri of all androids! She still tried to somehow deny the attraction to the other though. Somehow. "It's not like that..."

Yeri chuckled in amusement. "Glad you like me too although I guess you didn't understand what you just said." She closed the distance between each other once again. Seulgi backed away but the wall behind her made it impossible for her. Yeri hugged her and held firmly onto her hands scared that she might disappear once again. "I know you still have to understand the meaning of love but let me teach you it. I will shower you with all my love." Yeri and Seulgi looked at each other. The latter nodded hesitantly. "Take care of me", Seulgi whispered and was subsequently silenced with a sweet and gentle kiss.

"Now get some privacy and have some fun with each others body", Irene suddenly shouted.

"DIE", Yeri shouted and drew her sword in an attempt to cut the stupid pod in two. "Ain't gonna get me", Irene mocked and dodged the attack.

Meanwhile, Wendy showed Seulgi a few dubious videos she got from some very old websites. "It seems that's how you make love." "Interesting. So you don't wear clothes while producing love", Seulgi said and nodded, "it reminds me of some animals and their reproduction methods. Although fishes are not one of them." "Seems so...and could you stop with fishes?" "Kay, I can't wait for Yeri to teach me that though." 

"That's not how it is!", Yeri shouted made a drive-by and cut the hologram in two. With a furious blush on her face.


"Thanks good I don't have this problem", A2 said and sighed. She watched the four for a while cause she was bored. She turned away and walked down the stairs and right into another android. "Crap..." "Joy...skipping training again...", the android said menacingly. Joy gulped and wanted to run away but she was pinned to the wall. "Let me teach you some manners, Miss Joy."

"Maybe I do have some problems..."


Finally the first chapter is up! I had some trouble in school so my priorities weren't on writing so forgive me.
For NieR: Automata I wasn't sure whether I should follow the melancholic and rather depressing theme of the game or go for a more light-hearted version because in the original Seulgi and Yeri would end up killing each other...and that's something I don't want. AT ALL.

In all my honesty this could be a stand-alone non-videogame ff but I just imagined what happened after the things 2B and 9S went through and ended up with this.

So I hope you enjoyed reading the chapter and wish everyone a good day/night. Enjoy your holidays! Bye.