- 1 -

AEIPATHY

He tapped on the key board for a few times, searching for the best melody for his next song. The song sounded okay, not as good as he thought. He leaned back, thinking the next set of melodies. As he looked out the window, he smiled at the scenery. It is a good day, he should enjoy the brief holiday. He opened the door of his room and walked towards the backyard, where his mates are waiting.

‘Hyung!’ The smallest of them, Jimin, called him while jogging towards him. Jimin circles his arms on Namjoon, smiling as he said, ‘Jin-Hyung grilled delicious BBQ today. You should try!’ He dragged Namjoon to where the mates are. Namjoon could not look away from Jimin’s pure smile, he patted his head.

‘Are you composing again?’ Yoongi put the plate full of sausages and meat in front of Namjoon.

Namjoon glanced at Jimin who is sitting beside him, making himself comfortable, ‘I haven’t found the right melody.’

‘Joon-ssi,’ Hoseok spoke with his mouth full, he pointed at Namjoon with his chopsticks, ‘You should try to enjoy the holiday more. Look, even Yoongi – hyung is out from his shell.’

‘You are a hermit too, stop making me looked like one.’ Yoongi replied. Hoseok grinned back.

‘Yeah. I will enjoy myself.’ Namjoon replied.

 

Jin smiled as he looked at the kids are eating the BBQ and have a pleasant conversation. How long has it been since their last holiday? Even if they did travel around the world, they are surrounded by cameras. That is not the kind of travel they want to, but it is fine. They are still able to enjoy the moment. This holiday is not surrounded by cameras and is not supervised by their managers. It is completely a free day.

‘Hyung. You don’t need any help, right?’ Jungkook came with an empty plate. Obviously, he has finished everything on his plate and needs some more.

Jin grinned, ‘I need you to grill. I want to sit.’

‘Oh, I think Tae-’ Jin grabbed Jungkook’s arm and pulled him closer to him. He passed the tongs to Jungkook and left with a plate of meat. ‘I don’t want excuses,’ Jin exclaimed. He sat on the empty place beside Namjoon and grabbed the fork on the middle of the table.

Taehyung, who saw his little brother grilling the meat alone, got up from his seat and helped the youngest one. He took the sauce bowl and poured it on the meat. Jungkook could not help but laugh at his hyung’s absurdness.

‘By the way, I heard we are going to New Zealand?’ Jin prodded Namjoon.

‘Really?’ Hoseok’s face is gleaming with interest.

Namjoon nodded, still munching on his food, answered, ‘I heard it from our manager too. If we got the time to, we can visit New Zealand for a week.’

The boys are shouting with anticipation, even Taehyung and Jungkook who are grilling the BBQ are laughing with excitement. Jin looked at everyone and smiled. He liked it the most when he saw the boys are enjoying their days like there is no tomorrow. Sometimes when he is thinking back to the past when they are broke and all they received from the world is hate, he can remember clearly that the boys are striving to look happy. He can remember every moment clearly, in details, of how the youngest one tried to put on a smile on his face even when he received humiliation from the seniors. It is heart wrecking. But now, things have changed into better.

Jin rested his head on his palm while looking at the boys who are giggling around, he observed Namjoon, who can finally rest himself from the burden, even for a few days. ‘It must have been hard for you.’

Namjoon who is playing around with Jimin’s little fingers suddenly taken aback by Jin’s words, ‘Yes hyung? What is hard for me?’

‘To endure my handsomeness.’

Namjoon choked. Before he can answer Jin’s narcissistic sentence, Yoongi threw the tissue paper to Jin.

‘What? I’m stating the truth! Don’t you see ladies and gentlemen are falling for my looks?’

Hoseok and Jimin laughed, Yoongi pulled his hands together and covered his face, Namjoon nodded with a snort.

‘Ah, we should find a cure for that narcist.’ Yoongi said.

‘Yah!’ Jin shouted and threw the tissue back to Yoongi.

 

Jungkook and Taehyung came back with another plate of meat, ‘It’s the last batch.’ Jungkook said as he sat beside Hoseok, followed by Taehyung. They dig in the food as soon as they can.

As they finished up their food and cleaned everything on the tables except for their drinks, Namjoon shouted, ‘Let’s rest well again tonight, we have to visit the beach tomorrow morning.’

The boys replied with a yes and they all went inside the house.

 

 

The night bath refreshed Jungkook, who smelled like a BBQ. He went inside the room where he shared the bed with Taehyung. He saw the older one is playing with his phone so he went up the bed and laid down on his side.

‘The fans are sending a lot of mentions.’ Taehyung said.

Jungkook nodded, ‘by the way, hyung.’

‘Yes?’ Taehyung answered without looking away from the screen.

‘If you have a superpower, what power would you want?’

Taehyung put his phone away, curiously answered him, ‘Did you play games today?’

‘Overwatch.’ He giggled.

‘Go to sleep.’ Taehyung pulled the duvet to cover Jungkook legs.

Taehyung got up from the bed and turned the lights off. He stopped his steps before the window, gazing at the star lights and the crescent moon. Jungkook is watching him, ‘hyung,’ he called, he understood that his brother has something in mind and he did not wish to tell anyone about it. ‘Tomorrow will be another nice day, let’s sleep.’

‘Yeah.’ Taehyung replied as he slipped into the duvet.

 

 

Namjoon is sitting on the backyard, accompanied by Jin, both are drinking concentrated juice which was given by their manager.

‘I suppose they have slept?’ Namjoon asked.

‘I checked. Yes.’ Jin sipped the juice. ‘Suga and Hoseok too.’

Namjoon nodded his head, signing Jin an ‘okay’ from his mouth.

‘Are you worried about them? Worried about the tour? Worried about their health?’

‘You know me.’ Namjoon replied.

Jin smiled weakly, ‘everything will be fine.’

 

Ten minutes went on with silence. Jin and Namjoon did not talk a lot, they just accompany each other, sharing their little moments while gazing at the night sky with the chirping sound of insects. Jin broke the silence by patting Namjoon’s back. ‘I’ll go to the kitchen,’ which replied by a nod from Namjoon.

Just as Jin stood up from his seat, they are startled by the sound of banging.

‘What?’ Namjoon stood up and looked at Jin.

Jin and Namjoon put their glass away on the table and ran towards the front door. They did not want to wake the boys up and tried to solve everything quickly.

Namjoon hold the door’s knob from opening and asked, ‘Who?’

The banging sound has stopped. Namjoon backed away few steps. ‘Hyung, I don’t think this will end well.’

‘Well. Personally, I think we will need the boys to wake up.’

Jin and Namjoon nodded in agreement. Jin who is ready to walk away from the scene, suddenly terrified when he saw swords are sticking out from the door. He looked at Namjoon, ‘I want to curse.’