Chapitre Seize

A Woman Like That
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Sehun came back from his meeting, Jinri was already dressed up to go out for the day. She was wearing a brown knit oversized sweater with light washed jeans and a black coat. She wasn’t wearing much makeup only a colored lipstick and let her down. Jinri approached him and pecked him on the lips. Sehun went to change his outfit into a black turtle neck with black jeans and a grey coat. This was Jinri’s first time seeing him in something other than suit wear. She had to admit the man looked good. 

 

“Where do you want to go?” Sehun asked Jinri as they sat in the rented car. 

 

“There’s so much things to see I don’t even know what. I want to take so much photos.” Jinri said as she held up her Polaroid camera and Sehun’s Nikon camera. “Let’s go to TV tower and work our way from there.” Sehun nodded and started the car and the gps. Once they arrived at their destination filled with pedestrians, Jinri took a hold of Sehun’s hands and walked them towards the tower. There was a long line just to go into the tower. Once it was their turn, Jinri pulled Sehun into the elevator leading them up. They were so high up that they could see the whole city of Berlin. Jinri looked so cute to Sehun as she admired the view. He found himself holding up his camera and snapping off guard photos of her. It took a while for Jinri to notice that he was taking her photos. Turning around to face him, she saw the camera pointed at her and she smiled as the wind blew her hair and Sehun captured the moment. Taking out her Polaroid, she snapped a photo of Sehun taking a photo of her. 

 

“Next site?” Jinri asked him as they went down the elevator? Sehun nodded. He was excited to see the rest of Berlin with Jinri. They visited at least six different sites. They took so much photos and even asked strangers to take photos of them together. 

 

It was now evening and they were eating at an high end restaurant. Sehun liked the sight of seeing Jinri eat that he couldn’t even focus on his own food. 

 

“Is there something on my face?” She asked putting her silverware down. Sehun shook his head no at the woman sitting across from him. 

 

“You’re just really beautiful Jinri.” Sehun smiled at her. 

 

“You’re so in love with me.” Jinri said. 

 

“You’re the most interesting person I’ve ever met. Everyone is so structured and predictable but you Jinri, you run things on your own without a care in the world. How could I not fall in love with you?” Sehun said causing a smile to rise in Jinri’s face. The man was different from others that she had ever known. If she had met him when she was younger and less of what she was now, she knows they would have definitely been together the way they were supposed to be. Without any scandal. 

 

“It’s getting late and I’m so tired. Let’s go back to the hotel.” Jinri got up from her seat. Sehun knew she didn’t want to talk about feelings but that was fine with him. At least she knew how he felt about her. They went back into their car and Sehun drove them to the hotel. The ride was quiet as Jinri kept on replaying Sehun’s words in her mind. She was thinking about it so much that she didn’t even realize that they had made it into the hotel room already. Jinri changed into her white silk nightgown and laid down next to Sehun who was already ready for bed. Sehun embraces her with his long arms and they cuddled.

 

“Did you marry Joohyun for love? Or was it arranged?” Jinri asked out the blue. 

 

“Our families are great friends and we grew up together. Joohyun’s father and my father got us married.” Sehun answered. 

 

“Do you love her?” Jinri was unsure why she was asking Sehun these questions. She just found herself asking them. 

 

“I’ve always loved her. It’s not the kind of love that you mean but it’s love. I never objected the marriage because before then, I never really had someone I loved so it wasn’t so hard for me.” Sehun explained. 

 

“But now?” Jinri wanted to know his stance on the whole thing now. 

 

“But now, when meeting you, I feel like I’ve been robbed of my love life. Like I never got the choice to go find myself someone I really loved. I really convinced myself I loved Joohyun enough to marry her because of the pressure from my family. I wish I could have done different.” Sehun confessed. Jinri couldn’t help but feel bad for Sehun who never loved someone before her. She wished she could just turn back time for him so he could experience love with someone who wasn’t her. He deserved so much better than her she thought. 

 

“It was an arrangement between Chanyeol and I too but I loved him. He was my first love and I was so head over heels in love with him. He loved me too or at I was convinced by him so. Slowly things started to change and he would push me away more and he started being harsh with me. He would stay out a lot. Sometimes days would pass before I ever even saw him again. I used to blame myself for his actions it was just horrible. I never was so weak before in my life and I never want to be.” Jinri found herself sharing. With Sehun, she felt like she could tell him anything. He had this kind of care to him that made her want to be protected by him at all times. 

 

“And you won’t. Jinri you’re the strongest woman I know. The way you carry yourself is so powerful and appealing. You’re never going to feel that weak again.” Sehun comforted her hugging her tight. 

 

“I wish I met you earlier. I would have loved you. But, we met later. It’s how it’s supposed to be sadly.” 

 

“It’s unfair.” Sehun didn’t like the circumstances in which they had met. He knew if he met Jinri when they were younger, he would have instantly fell in love the girl. He would have done anything to marry her. Sehun wanted to give her the world. 

 

 

 

Joohyun woke up to an empty bed again and even though she should be used to it by now, she wasn’t. It had been almost three week

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter