Chapitre Un

A Woman Like That
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Soojung was so excited about the arrival of her cousin. When she got a text from her saying she was coming back to Seoul from Paris, the younger girl could not contain herself. Her husband was even excited to meet the woman with all the stories he heard from his wife. Soojung had been waiting for her at the airport for at least forty-five minutes. Jongin was too busy at his law firm to be there for her cousin’s arrival but he’d meet her later. From a far, a woman with long straight black hair and beauty that could have anyone fall for her walked confidently with her luggage. Soojung recognized the woman as her cousin instantly. She was wearing a long grey coat with black jeans and a white shirt. 

 

“Jinri!” Soojung called out to the woman. Jinri instantly made eye contact with her cousin and smiled. She picked up her pace then pulled Soojung into a warm hug. 

 

“Soojungie, it’s been such a long time.” She said in as they pulled apart. To be exact, it had been seven years. After her divorce, Jinri had always been traveling the world never caring to visit. The woman was luxurious and had to be the most glamorous person Soojung knew. 

 

“And you never bother to respond to texts.” Soojung stated raising an eyebrow at Jinri. Jinri chuckled and shook her head. Soojung didn’t know exactly what Jinri did for a living but she knew she didn’t have a proper job. Jinri never worked in her life. 

 

“You know I’m way far too busy to be on my phone. Enough with that. Now where’s your car?” Jinri walked away leaving her luggage with Soojung who willingly carried it and caught up with the other girl. She lead the taller girl to her car and they instantly made their way to Soojung’s home. The ride home was quiet. With Soojung focusing on the road and Jinri looking out the the city she left behind. When Soojung pulled into her drive way, Jinri admired the huge house. It was modern and had huge glass windows. She didn’t expect anything less from her fashion designer cousin. 

 

“So, who’s the man you’re tied down to? What does he do?” Jinri asked as they entered the house. It was so neat and organized. With cool colors filling the house. Soojung lead her cousin to the kitchen as she prepared lunch for for them. 

 

“His name is Kim Jongin. He’s a Lawyer, but he owns his own firm. Youngest law firm owner in Seoul.” Soojung talked about her husband. Jinri never met Jongin as she left before Soojung even met the man. Her cousin had invited her to their wedding but Jinri couldn’t be bothered to attend. The gift basket Soojung got was the closest form of Jinri she was going to get. 

 

“We all love a man with money and power.” Jinri smiled and Soojung frowned. 

 

“You love a man with money and power.” Soojung corrected. Jinri raised an eyebrow at the girl.

 

“So you’d marry a bum with no status?” Jinri asked. 

 

“No, but-“ 

 

“My point exactly. Nobody wants a man who can’t support them.” Jinri cut Soojung off. Soojung sensed something different about her cousins but she brushed it off. 

 

“Is there any man that caught your eye?” Soojung asked. The older girl laughed before answering her cousin. 

 

“Me? There has nobody special for me ever since that divorce. I just can’t deal with all that love bull.” 

 

“I just thought that you would have least find someone.” Soojung muttered silently but Jinri heard her well. 

 

“I don’t need love. Men are weak and pathetic, you can get anything you want from them if you play your cards right. They’re ers for good looking women. I don’t need anyone special when I have the beauty, charm, and brain. Why would I want to be tied down to one man?” Jinri clarified herself to Soojung. Soojung looked at her cousin with a shocked expression. How could she be the same Jinri? 

 

“Could you possibly think like this because of Chanyeol? You know that he doesn’t define every man.” Out of Soojung’s knowledge, she knew that Park Chanyeol was a womanizer. She knew that he did cheat on her cousin multiple times. 

 

“Look, I’m not going to get all sentimental with you Soojung. But, what you need to know about Park Chanyeol is that he was only the beginning.” 

 

“Beginning of what?” Soojung questioned her cousin. She was beyond confused. 

 

“Soojung, long story short, I’m in love with money and I know how to get it without getting my precious nails dirty.” Jinri looked at her nails and smirked. Soojung nodded at her cousin. If that floated her boat, so be it. Soojung wasn’t the type of person to judge. She just felt bad for any man who actually fell for Jinri. She brought out their lunch and they ate peacefully and shared childhood memories. Soojung didn’t like to believe that her cousin wasn’t the same. Jinri went to sleep early that night as she was the most tired. She never got the chance to meet Jongin that night. 

 

 

In the morning, she was awoken by the sweet smell of pancakes. Jinri did her normal morning routine then dressed herself casually. When she reached the dining room, she was met with Soojung and her husband eating dinner. 

 

“Good morning Jinri.” Soojung greeted her. Jinri smiled to her cousin before wishing her a good morning too. 

 

“So this is the famous Jinri. I’m Jongin.” The man extended his hand for her to shake and she gladly shook it. 

 

“Nice to meet you cousin in law.” Jinri smiled then pulled away her hand to grab some pancakes. “Soojung tells me that you own your own firm?” Jinri started a conv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter