chapter two

evanescent

 

Seulgi walked into the office as it imploded into senseless arguments and yells. Paper flew into the air as the secretary hissed a curse and slammed her hands onto the table, someone had shattered the coffee pot, brown liquid dripped off the walls while clear shards littered the floor below it.

 

 

"This is ridiculous, are you a ing adult or a monkey?!" a loud voice boomed from one part of the precinct, "how could you up such a routine examination?!" 

 

 

"How about you take a look at the body!" a voice laced with absolute fury yelled back.

 

 

Seulgi stood among destruction and terror, she took a shaky step backwards, her hand flew to the wall in an attempt to steady herself. She looked among the sea of people and locked eyes with the chief of the precinct, his eyes were weary and the folds around his eyes were pulled downwards and he looked abnormally pale. But he spotted her and his eyes widened with an unmistakable sense of sorrow that sent Seulgi into a frenzy. 

 

 

He pushed passed some distraught interns as he made his way towards her, "Kang?"

 

 

Seulgi felt her lips slam shut and her voice was quickly drowned out, her eyes stared at the newly-waxed floors in hopes that the shine would somehow pull her into a quieter world. 

 

 

"Let's go somewhere quieter," he offered as he gestured towards his office.

 

 

Seulgi moved into the quiet room with hesitance, flinching when the door came to a shaking close.

 

 

He moved to his desk, his hand gestured to the chair weakly, giving her a sympathetic smile.

 

 

She hesitantly moved towards the chair, pushing it back a few inches.

 

 

"It looks like a goddamn mess out there," he said with an awkward chuckle as he barely lifted his head to peak out the window before he sluggishly moved back. 

 

 

Her lips had loosened and if it wasn't for the muscles tying her jaw to the rest of her skull she was sure it would unhook and fall to the ground with a quiet clatter, "Am I getting fired?" 

 

 

His eyes narrowed and he stifled a bitter chuckle, "No- No you aren't." 

 

 

He heaved deeply, settling deeper into his chair as he wiped his face with his calloused hands.

 

 

Seulgi watched as he scooted up to his desk and sighed wearily into his hands before looking up with red tinged eyes.

 

 

After a few minutes of painful silence he spoke, "Detective Bae was found dead this morning." 

 


The world had shattered into a startling indigo, the blues of the world seemed to melancholically hum as dark jagged lines split her world.

 

 

"Bae Joohyun?" she asked slowly, her eyes staring at the plot of windows behind him.

 

 

"Yes."

 

 

"My Bae Joohyun?"

 

 

He shifted in his seat slightly, "Yes Kang."

 

 

She took a shaky breath as the gears in her mind began to spin rapidly.

 

 

"Are we sure it's the same person?" she asked quickly.

 

 

"I'm sure Kang."

 

 

Suddenly the gears spun off their dowels, an entire empire of complex mechanics and engineering had halted, some spun off and fell to the ground with a loud clank and left haunting echoes through her mind-scape.

 

 

"Kang?..."

 

 

dropped as raspy laughs leapt out of , she slammed herself against the back of her seat as she wiped stray tears from the corner of her eyes before she flung herself forward, bending in the seat as her hands clasped over , creating a dark mask over her face. Her eyes began to wither as tears rammed against her sclera and began to pour over her eyelids.

 

 

Her skin had decayed to a sickly pale while scarlet bloomed within her eyes. Her laugher died within , its rotting carcass sending putrid fumes up to .

 

 

The chief cleared his throat as his fingers pressed against each other and dug into each other's flesh. Seulgi had never seen him do that before, his hands were always straight and orderly, he wasn't ever the type to be nervous. 

 

 

"I was thinking it would be best for you to go home," he offered quietly, his voice trailing off and picking back up again, "I could get someone to drive you home, and take care of you."

 

 

Her slender fingers remained clamped tightly over her lips, her nails dug into her cheeks, causing small rivers of blood to trickle downwards and drop from her jawline.

 

 

She blinked slowly and tears rained from above and merged with shades of crimson and vermillion, corrupting the clear liquid. The muffled shouts from outside the office had faded into quiet sobs and Seulgi guessed everyone reacted to death a little differently.

 

 

She looked up slowly, "I'll be fine." 

 

 


 

 

She stepped into her apartment and it didn't look the same.

 

 

Joohyun phased in and out of the living room and into the kitchen, words of the past spilled out of while she replied to the forgotten. Time seemed to snag on tragedy and it came crumbling down into her home.

 

 

Seulgi walked past the glitch, her eyes had dulled into a dark charcoal color.

 

 

She stumbled into her bedroom watching as Joohyun filled the room, different clothes tethered onto her pale flesh, in some forms she wore her white button up shirt in others she donned a dark hoodie that obviously didn't belong to her.

 

 

She walked past a Joohyun that must've belonged to June of that year, because a pair of sunglasses sat atop her brown hair while a white t-shirt hung a little above her knees.

 

 

Instantly the smell of flowery perfume and freshly cleaned clothes floated past her nose and wrapped around her neck, it shackled itself to the ceiling and began to constrict around her neck.

 

 

She dropped her bags onto the floor before falling onto her bed, she pulled the blanket over herself, hoping she would drown in the smell of Joohyun's favorite detergent.

 

 


 

 

take a in sip of angst babes

 

EDIT 08/11/19: 

 

I edited everything again, I think the next chapter will be the last one to be edited. 


Let me know what you guys think, comments and kudos are always appreciated! :)