Disgusting

Rotten Girl, Fresh Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER X
Disgusting

Baekhyun came to school a little later than usual. Last night had been tormenting, he didn’t get much sleep at all. As he entered the room, he heard laughter.

Secondhand Serenade maybe blasting his soul away, but still, he caught it, the faint laughter. Without whipping his head, he checked out to see the people inside the room.

Unexpectedly, he saw Mari laughing away, in the most unladylike manner in history. She looked happy, as if she didn’t just lose something important. If not only for the fact that she was forcing the laughs.

Mari was with her friends, Kina and Jikyun, giggling about Kina’s latest romantic escapades with her newest lover, Oh Sehun. Kina and Jikyun were very much like Mari. That is, all three of them are academic achievers.

Mari listened to Kina and Jikyun ramble, well she tried to. She was half pretending to listen and the other half of her was still worried. She didn’t care about her story anymore – after ignoring her when she opened up about her bracelet gone missing, how could she?

Today, her head maid and one of her male attendants went to Hong Kong to buy the same exact bracelet as the one she had lost. Although she had made arrangements for it to go smoothly, she couldn’t help but be nervous. Her parents always seemed to know what she was up to, for no reason.

“Sorry, could you excuse me for a bit?” she said. She needed to leave to call her head maid. Plus, the conversation wasn’t something she was so keen on hearing, anyways. Standing up, she saw Baekhyun staring at her but he quickly averted his gaze.

X O X O X O X O X O X O X

“You seem more cheerful,” Baekhyun greeted her, as she took a seat on their usual spot. This caught her off guard. He wasn’t one to attempt at small talk, especially with her.

But Mari paid no attention. “Yeah, I have to be,” she replied, with a rather heavy tone.

Baekhyun pushed the books back slightly. Mari took this as a sign that he was preparing for a long talk. “Did you find it yet?” he inquired. His eyes were the same unfeeling ones he always had. She couldn’t read him at all.

“No,” she answered.

“Was it that important?” he probed further. Mari was still unaccustomed to this friendlier Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter