L i g h t

Guardian

With a thud, she wakes up in the arms of the tall boy and in a place that still resembled school but with a different air to it. The boy was just staring at her without another word. Realizing the position she was in, Hana widened her eyes before immediately scattering out of his grip. 

" Where the hell are we? What just happened?" Hana's tone was alarmed as if she was about to scream any moment. 

The boy stood upright, dusting his shirt as he casually spoke, " Still in school. It's just that normal people can't see it. " His deep voice resonated throughout the corridor that they stood in. There was a short silence after that. Her eyes seemed to penetrate his for a few seconds as if desperately trying to find out if he was joking. 

The boy's expression remain unfazed and he was still serious. " What normal people? Wait, wait. " Hana held a hand up to the side of her head, trying to process her thoughts. What does he mean by that? 

She shook her head, taking a step back whilst her hands flail around in obvious panic. " Who are you? 

" Park Chanyeol. A student here just like you. " He was speaking slowly, trying to not add onto her panic. She gives him the same intense stare again. What kind of student randomly takes her somewhere and tells her not to panic? Not to mention, he always speaks in such short sentences.

Breathing in deeply, she proceeded to walk away from him slowly. " Let me just - Wait a minute. " She walked back to the direction of what looked like her classroom earlier.

As she walked past the glass window of the classroom, it was dark. It wasn't just dark, it was an eerie kind of darkness. Upon reaching the door, there was an ominous feeling in her chest as if something was going to appear. Her hand was already on the handle, but something was screaming at her not to open it.

It's just her classroom. Right. There's nothing to be scared of. The same classroom. Everything looks the same. With another deep breath, she pushed the door open and stepped inside.

The classroom was empty and dark, when few minutes ago it was bustling with her active classmates. She didn't even see anyone go out other than her earlier. Gulping, she continued walking around. The only light source was the sun barely peeking in through the window screens.

" There's nothing wei- " Just as she was about to speak, there was the sound of scratching on the wall right behind her.

At that moment, all the hair on her body stood up. What in the hell was that? It couldn't be Chanyeol, right? She wanted so badly to turn and look, but the fear kept building up in her. It's just a classroom. There can't be anything bad, right? 

It's alright. Just count to three and turn. 

One.

Two.

Three...

 

She spun around.

A pair of glowing yellow orbs met hers. It knew that Hana had heard the scratching. It was a black figure. A black figure filled with pure darkness and negative energy that flowed continuously out of that creature. 

Hana was speechless. It was as if her voice did not want to come out as her body stood rooted to the ground.

Knowing that the girl was stricken with fear, the creature's expression slowly morphed into a grin. She felt like her heart was going to burst out from beating too fast at that moment. Where the heck is that tall boy at this time?!

As if he heard her thoughts, she heard something. " Hana! " It was that deep voice calling out to her. 

Was the door locked? With the remaining courage she could muster up, she slowly wiggled her trembling legs towards the door without ever turning her back to the creature. If this was a stare to the death, she was going to die anytime soon. 

Her hands reached for the handle behind her, trying to open it but to no avail. They were trembling vigorously. She had to break the glass window somehow or break the damn door. 

" Hana! Can you hear me? " Chanyeol's voice came from behind the door. Just hearing his voice made her gasp and snap out of her thoughts. " Yes. Yes, I can. "

Hana had regained a tiny bit of courage knowing that he was just behind her. Whilst her hands were still frantically scrambling with the door handle, she cried out, " How am I supposed to get the hell out when this thing is staring at me?! " 

That thing just progressively got closer to her. Shouldn't have said it out loud. 

She had to do something.

Anything.

Suddenly, there was a 'whoosh' and a familiar cold breeze that grazed her hand as it went past her. This presence... It was that guy. Wait, what guy? How would she know it was a guy - 

  " Think of the light. The happy memories. "  The voice spoke into her right ear, making her heart race and giving her butterflies in her tummy. His voice calmed her down almost immediately as it reminded her of the crackling fire. It was warm. It was comforting.

Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts and light... There was a comforting warmth emanating from her fingertips and in reflex, she pointed it to the creature with confidence. " Happy thoughts! " As she cried out, a stringing glow shot out and pierced the creature straight in the middle.

That thing broke out in a roar, wriggling in such a disturbing way as it morphed. It was a horrible sight for Hana. That was it.

" Chanyeol, just bust the damn door down! " Hana cried out, finally gathering herself and running away to another corner of the classroom. There was some mumbling and a loud slam followed by a crash. The door fell down and there was an evident burn mark in the middle of it. He really went and busted the damn door down. 

Smoke was rising and the smell of burnt wood filled the air. " Get the eye! " Chanyeol's voice echoed from the corridor before dashing into the classroom. 

" If I can make that glowing thing happen again, sure! " Hana rolled her eyes, running around with newfound confidence and bravery. She aimed a finger at first, but then aimed her whole right palm at what was hopefully the face of the creature. " Please come out, light! "

She shut her eyes while praying for her dear life as it charged at her. There was another wave of warmth but this time, Hana felt like a blanket of warmth engulfed her, accompanied by that voice. " Why did you have to be so troublesome... "

Hearing that, she opened her eyes to see a boy who looked about the same age as Chanyeol standing right in front of her. He had white hair and such pale skin in comparison to the former boy, though. His expression was unbothered but his voice earlier stated otherwise. There he was with a warm, glowing aura radiating around him as he casually walked towards the creature.

He held out a hand at it as it screamed instantaneously in response. He then turned to look at Chanyeol who had stopped halfway in his tracks. He gave a firm nod, acknowledging his presence. " Go for it. " 

The boy widened his eyes for a moment before nodding back in response. Immediately after, he was dashing straight for the creature again while aiming for its eye. The white haired boy turned to look at Hana, grabbing her attention.

With a soft voice that contradicted his smug smile, he told her, " You shouldn't see this. "

" Not yet. " His expression quickly transitioned in a serious one in a split second as he waved a finger at her.

In an instant, she was surrounded by a bright but not blinding light as it formed a barrier around her.  At this point of time, she was just exhausted by the shock of everything. She couldn't see anything because of the light. 

Hana was starting to feel light headed and the comforting warmth was just begging her to close her eyes and give in. She could hear Chanyeol's voice followed by the cry of the creature. It was ugly, but it seemed to slowly fade out from her ears. Her head swayed a little as she tried to focus. 

" Happy thoughts... " 

" Just rest. Don't worry too much. For now, at least... "  That was the last thing she could barely make out before her vision was consumed by darkness.