J u s t A B r e e z e

Guardian

Amidst the dimly lit streets there sat a piano, evidently aged from the stains and dust that it had collected throughout the years. Surprisingly, no matter how many years it's been, Hana would always come back and it'd still be playable. Perhaps, someone is taking care of it? 

It was almost dusk but Hana was sitting there alone. She enjoyed playing the piano and this was the only place where she could play the piano freely without being disturbed. The town was a quiet town in general. And that was one of the things she had liked about the town as she grew up in it. 

A ringing accompanied by a vibration pulls her out of her trance and she rummages through her pockets, trying to find the source of it. Within a few seconds, she pulls the phone out and slid her finger across the screen before putting it to her ear. " Yes? What is it? " She answers, sounding rather uninterested. 

" Right. Of course. I'll be home soon. " She ends the call. 

Not without a sigh, she stood up from the piano seat and started making her way home. The moment she had walked a good distance away from the piano, she hears a few distinct notes being played, followed by a few other chords. 

Hana spun around, but there was no one there. The tune had stopped playing, too. Creepy. She should quickly get home. The thought of seeing no one there and yet hear someone playing the piano gave her goosebumps. 

Her eyes darted around cautiously as she quickened her pace. There was a cold breeze that passed by, making her gasp in surprise. Damn it. Even the wind is scaring her now. Groaning to herself, she grabbed her phone and pressed on a contact. 

Upon the third ring, someone picks up. " Hey. Uh, what are you up to? " 

It was her best friend, Younggi. It seems that she would always pick up the phone and talk to her even when there was really nothing to talk about. " Ah, you're doing notes? You know I don't study, right? " Hana chuckles. Hearing the voice of her best friend helped calm her down.

It didn't take as long for her to finally reach home. Maybe home really is a sweet place. Stepping into the house immediately made the shiver from earlier go away. And that was good enough. " I'll call you later, alright? "

She hangs up before stashing her phone into her pocket. " Mum, I'm home! " The girl yells out whilst taking off her shoes and stacking it neatly onto the rack beside the door. Silence. Was she out? But she just called earlier asking her to go home. 

" Ma? " She calls out again. 

Sighing, she walked to her room and settled her things down. The town is quiet, but for her family to be this quiet - it's a little odd. " ....Na. " A quiet whisper makes her spin around. What the heck was that? Are there ghosts in the house?

" ...Hana. 

A cold breeze passes by her, alike the one earlier. This time, it felt like it touched her right hand. The girl gasped, spinning around whilst trying to find where the voice was coming from. 

" ...We'll meet soon. " She hears a low, almost comforting voice speaking - a little clearly this time. The voice sounded like the comforting sound of the fire crackling. As the voice faded, there was a throbbing in her head. The throbbing lasted for a few seconds and she was against her wardrobe, clutching onto her head. 

A few knocks on the door startled her. Her head was still feeling the throb that came and went by so suddenly. " Hana, dear? Are you alright? " It was her mother. Gathering her strength, she stood up properly and opened the door. 

Her mother stood there in her pajamas, all comfy and at home. Why hadn't she seen her earlier? 

Raising a brow, Hana asked, " Where were you? I just got back. " Her mother looked at her daughter in confusion. " I've been in the kitchen the whole time. I didn't hear you come home, though. " 

Unsure of how to respond, she just nodded back and walked to her wardrobe before taking a change of clothes. She waved the clothes at her mother with a smile. 

Her mother rolled her eyes and walked off, her voice fading into the distance. " Yeah, go shower and change. "

As soon as her mother was out of sight, Hana slumped onto her bed. What was that earlier? Wind in the house? A random man's voice? She should be screaming and telling her mother but even if she did, what was she going to say? 

That aside, the cold breeze and the voice earlier was a shock. Perhaps, that was what surprised her the most. In the first place, what the heck is happening? Forget it. She should just shower, change, eat and finally sleep because there's school tomorrow. 

School the next morning was not any less creepier. 

She was sure she had seen this particularly tall boy about three times already. No, she hadn't noticed him before today. Sure, the boy was a little good looking. A little. But that was not the point.

Seeing her best friend walking towards her across the corridor, she quickly rushed to her. " I need your help. " 

Younggi raises a brow. " With? " Hana drags her best friend to a corner, not without looking around first. " There's this particularly tall boy I keep seeing. Don't tell me it's normal because I haven't seen him before the whole year we've been in this school. " The other girl slowly nods, urging her to go on.

" I saw him at the school gate when I was entering school. I suddenly see him at the cafeteria. And then I saw him across the corridor - " She stops, glancing at the classroom behind her best friend. As if understanding, her best friend turned to look. There he was. The tall boy she had talked about. Great. He was just in the classroom opposite hers. 

The other girl frowns, turning back to look at Hana. " Are you sure you've never seen him before? " 

" Because I sure as hell haven't seen him before, too. "

She nudges her best friend, the two of them eyeing the boy as he walks out of the classroom to the direction of the other block. " He's pretty good looking, though. You should be glad. "

Hana face palms herself. " Just because he's good looking doesn't make it any less creepier. " Younggi shrugs at her statement. It was true, but at least it's a plus that he's good looking. Cutting their sharing session short, the two quickly returned back to class in hopes of school ending earlier. 

Maybe it was because she can't wait to get out of school but the moment class ended, Hana felt the need to rush out of class. The moment she stepped outside, her head met with what seemed to be the chest of a tall boy. 

" Aish- Sorry - " She looks up, only to freeze at the sight of the familiar face. In her head, she was cussing. Of all things and people to bump into, she had to bump into this tall boy's chest head first. Rubbing her face in an attempt to also hide her embarrassment, she tried to move to the side, only to realise that he was blocking her from leaving. 

She looked up at him, confusion clearly written all over her face as she knit her brows together. " Yes? Can I help you? "

His face was a mix of amusement and seriousness. " I need you to come with me. " He says before holding a hand out to Hana. Staring at his hand with the same confusion, she hesitantly takes his hand. " O...kay? " 

The tall boy leads them to a corner before promptly saying, " Don't scream or panic. " 

Before she could have time to react, she finds herself blacking out as if being into a hole and disappearing.