Green.

Colours.

Jimin couldn't stop fidgeting around the house; trying to fix every small detail before his self-proclaimed soulmate arrived back at the dorm.

"Hyung, I don't see why you need to tidy the place up! Taetae-hyung is just going to mess it up within the first five minutes of entering," Jungkook grumbled, folding his arms over his chest. He stared at Jimin's back, hoping to get his anger across but it was obviously not working since his tiny hyung couldn't stop running around the room. It was the last few hours he had to spend time alone with his hyung, and Jimin was wasting it on what? Tidying?? And for Taehyung nonetheless; the world's messiest human being!

"Kookie-ah, stop sulking on the couch and come help me shift the table, it looks a little slanted," Jimin fussed.

"Oh my God hyung, do you really think taetae-hyung will even notice? He'll most probably be too busy suffocating you in hugs." Jungkook rolled his eyes, refusing to get off the couch to contribute his hyung's insane obsession with tidiness.

"Of course he -"

Ding dong!

"IT'S HIM KOOKIE!" Jimin shrieked.

"OHMMYGOD IT’S TAE, HE'S HERE HE'S HEREEEEEE!!" He continued, running towards the door.

"You know you look crazy right?" Jungkook insulted, watching his tiny hyung sprint across the dorm with his pink hair flying all over. A fond smile plastered itself across Jungkook's face. How could someone so small radiate so much cuteness?.

.

.

.

Jimin spent the next few days hanging out with Taehyung and practically everyone else but Jungkook, and that was not good for Jungkook's little fragile heart. He could swear that he was going through Jimin-withdrawal symptoms. The more he didn’t see Jimin, the more he thought of him.

He missed his hyung so much that every pink object he saw reminded him of Jimin. Every whiff of strawberry he came across made him think of his tiny hyung - which was driving Jungkook crazy considering it was strawberry season. It was as if the universe was punishing him.

29/12/18:
Jungkook: Hyung, ice cream tonight? (≧▽≦)/
Jimin: Sorry kook-ah, I have dance class with hobi-hyung! ~(>_<~)

03/01/19:
Jungkook: Hyung, up for the gym tomorrow? (ง •̀_•́)ง
Jimin: Sorry kookie, tae and I have a project meeting. (╥_╥)

06/01/19:
Jungkook: Hyung, shall we study at the library this afternoon? __〆( ̄ー ̄ )
Jimin: Sorry jungkookie, I'm helping Yoongi-hyung with his new song!。・゚゚*(>д<)*゚゚・。

10/01/2019:
Jungkook: Hyung, bingsu? ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Jimin: Sorry kookie, I have to help jin-hyung find an anniversary gift for namjoon-hyung!〜(><)〜

It was just an endless cycle of Jimin being too busy to hang out with Jungkook. What made it all worse was that Jungkook had no right to ask for Jimin's constant attention. He had to share Jimin with his other friends and if it wasn't clear enough, he hated it. He decided that it was about time to take action. He was going to throw himself a pity party and wallow in sadness because what else was there to do? Without Jimin, Jungkook found that he had lost the energy to be motivated to do anything.

.

.

.

It was a regular weekday evening with Jungkook continuing his sulk fest on the couch when the doorbell rang. He had spent the last few days moping around his room. Life wasn't as fun without Jimin. Yeah sure he had other friends to hang out with after school, but it was different. They didn't make him happy like Jimin did.

"It's open!" Jungkook yelled, too lazy to leave the couch.

He heard the shuffle of footsteps before something pink and fluffy blocked his vision.

"Let's go," Jimin said, hovering infront of Jungkook.

"Oh, it's…it's you." Jungkook stuttered.

"Yes it's me. Remember me kookie? A fellow human being? Do you even remember what we look like?" Jimin teased.

"Huh? What do you mean hyung?" Jungkook was panicking; words were not making their way to his mouth. He felt like he wasn't making sense. But how could he, when Jimin's face was a mere few centimeters away from his own? He felt like he was going to combust and die. He could actually see his hyung's individual eyelashes and the freckles that dotted his rosy cheeks. He hadn't seen Jimin in so long and he could swear his hyung looked more beautiful than ever.

"What do you mean what do I mean?" Jimin questioned, starting to get confused.

"I mean, where are we going and why would I have forgotten how human beings look like??" Jungkook replied, clearly still trying to get his mind to function properly in the presence of one stunningly beautiful Park Jimin.

"Don't think I haven't noticed that you haven't left the house in the past two weeks. I bet all you've been doing is rotting your youth away on the couch." Jimin chided.

"Wait, has it really been two weeks?" Jungkook questioned. Has he really been holed up in his room for two weeks doing absolutely nothing but sulking about not being able to spend time with Jimin? Okay, now he was sure that something was wrong with him.

"I'm not sure but I think so. I've been really busy too and I feel like I haven't seen my favourite dongsaeng in forever," Jimin replied, playfully squishing Jungkook's cheeks.

"Ahh hyung! Stop that, I'm not a baby!" Jungkook fussed, trying to squirm out of his hyung's hold and hide his blush at the same time.

"I'm just kidding jungkookie, but I really do want to bring you out today. I think you need a healthy dose of vitamin D." Jimin laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"The sunlight reaches the couch hyung, I'm fine," Jungkook replied, still trying his best to hide the damn blush that painted his cheeks.

"Come on kookieeeeee, do it for me. Hyung misses spending time with you," Jimin teased, poking Jungkook's cheeks (which was NOT helping with Jungkook's blushing problem).

Ahh, so his tiny hyung DID notice that Jungkook was feeling a little neglected. It felt good, having Jimin's concern; knowing that his hyung did pay attention to Jungkook's whereabouts. And for his hyung to come all the way to Jungkook's place…maybe he should milk his hyung's guilt a little longer.

"Hmm, I don’t know hyung. I don't feel like leaving the house." Jungkook sighed.

"Why not kookie? Are you sick?" Jimin was starting to worry now. Was he so busy that he completely neglected his dongsaengs health?

"Not sick hyung. I just, I feel……blue." Jungkook turned to look at Jimin, puppy dog eyes on full display.

"Oh no, my poor kookie. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" Jimin offered, sitting beside Jungkook to feel his forehead; just to make sure that his dongsaeng was really okay.

"I don’t know hyung. I feel really really REALLY blue." Jungkook emphasized while pouting.

"Hmm, why not you let hyung bring you out for coffee and a movie? It'll be my treat." Jimin added, in hopes of cheering Jungkook up. He would do anything to get a smile on Jungkook's face.

"Yay ok!" Jungkook exclaimed. "Let me go get dressed first," he continued before sprinting off the couch.

"Aish you little punk! I knew it!" Jimin laughed. "You didn't seem that blue to me!" He scoffed in disbelief. He couldn't believe that he got played, AGAIN.

.

.

.

Jungkook stared over at Jimin who was talking with the barista. Well, talking would be a stretch. He was flirting. His precious innocent tiny pink fluffy little hyung was flirting. And to make things worse, the flirting wasn't even directed at Jungkook! It was for some pretentious hippie wannabe barista!

Okay fine, maybe Jimin wasn't flirting. He was just being his usual friendly self that everyone seemed to fall for at first sight (Jungkook was no exception). But the barista, oh how the barista made Jungkook's blood boil. He wanted to tuck Jimin in his pocket and bring him home so no one could steal his hyung.

Firstly, the barista kept commenting on Jimin's excellent taste in drink choice. It's just a vanilla latte for God's sake. Half the student population lives on it, how amazing can it be?? Secondly, he would not shut up about how good Jimin looked in the hoodie that was currently swallowing his hyung whole. Well, Jungkook would know how amazing Jimin looked since it was his damn hoodie in the first place. Take that barista man!

But no, what took the ing cake was that the barista had the audacity to trail his fingertips along Jimin's as he took his credit card; his gaze wondering down to Jimin's collarbones and slender bare neck. He his lips, he actually his damn lips; as if Jimin was just a piece of meat for him to admire and devour.

Jungkook was furious. It was people like him that made Jungkook want to murder anyone who as much as look in Jimin's direction. How dare he treat his hyung like an object? The barista didn't know anything about his hyung.

He didn't know what made Jimin happy.

He didn't know what made Jimin sad.

He didn't know what Jimins favourite food was.

He didn’t know what Jimins favourite show was.

He didn’t know that Jimin loved strawberries to the point of smelling like one.

He didn't know that Jimin had the cutest sweater paws in the world.

He didn't know that Jimin was insanely competitive for someone that looked so innocent.

He didn’t know that Jimin had the voice of an angel.

He didn't know that Jimin was terrified of thunderstorms.

He didn't know how selfless and giving Jimin was.

There was so much more that damn barista didn't know.

But Jungkook did. Jungkook knew all those things. And he'd be dammed if he wasn't going to do anything about it.

He stormed out of the cafe, leaving a confused Jimin running after him.

.

.

.

By the time Jimin got to the dorm, Jungkook was sulking on the couch. He looked so unhappy that Jimin swore he could see smoke coming out of his head.

"Kookie, what's wrong?" Jimin questioned, patting Jungkook's hair while taking a seat beside his angry dongsaeng. "Are you feeling sick? Do you want me to get you some medicine?" Jimin asked.

Jungkook shrugged off Jimin's hand, choosing to move one seat further away from his hyung. He kept his eyes focused on the television, not wanting to see how much his actions had hurt his hyung.

Jungkook knew he was acting like a petty little child that couldn't play with his favourite toy. But what else could he do? He was so upset with whatever was going on in his head. He was angry with Jimin, not that Jimin did anything wrong. He also knew that he had no right to be angry in the first place, Jimin was just being friendly; there was nothing wrong with that. He was just unbelievably frustrated that it was causing him to be even more annoyed at every little thing.

Jimin was beyond confused. So Jungkook was obviously not sick, he seemed angry at Jimin; if anything. Did he accidentally do something to upset Jungkook? Did he get Jungkook's favourite drink wrong? Should he not have forced Jungkook to go out in the first place? Was Jungkook upset with him for paying for everything? A million scenarios ran through his mind but he could not pinpoint where he had hurt his precious kookie. All he wanted to do was to make things better.

"Kookie-ah, hyung is sorry if he made you upset. Can you at least tell me what I did so I can make it right?" Jimin pleaded, hoping Jungkook could sense the sincerity in his voice. It hurts me to see you hurting, he thought to himself.

Silence.

Jungkook didn’t know what to say. His hyung was not even at fault and yet he was apologizing. How much of an must Jungkook be to make his hyung feel guilty for nothing? All this was Jungkook's fault in the first place. He was the one that couldn't keep his feelings in check. He was the one that was getting angry over something he had no right getting upset over. It was all his fault. Jungkook was so frustrated that he felt like he was going to explode.

"Seriously hyung?" Jungkook turned to look at Jimin.

Jungkook was pissed. No. Angry? Hurt? Upset? Frankly, he didn’t know what he was. But seeing Jimin all smiles with the barista just made things inside him stir - ugly things that shouldn't be said out loud. He was upset, annoyed and frustrated and he did not know how to put it all into words.

"Jungkookie, you're scaring me." Jimin whispered, bringing Jungkook out of his thoughts. "What's wrong?" Jimin continued, with concern in his eyes and worry across his face.

Jungkook couldn't look at his hyung anymore; he was ashamed of how he was behaving. He felt so bad for making his hyung think that he was the guilty one.

"Tell me kookie, I promise I won't judge. I'm here for you no matter what it is." Jimin reached out to his precious dongsaengs cheek, wanting to fix whatever was going on in his head.

And just like that, Jungkook broke.

.

.

.

"Are you really going to make me say it hyung?" Jungkook turned to Jimin.

Jimin just looked at Jungkook, waiting for him to continue.

"Are you really that oblivious?" Jungkook raised his voice.

"Oblivious to what kookie?" Okay, now Jimin was getting scared. He had never seen Jungkook lose his temper, much less have the anger be directed at Jimin himself.

"You really want know what's wrong with me?!" Jungkook yelled while standing up.

He took out his contact lenses and threw them on the floor.

"THIS. This is what's wrong with me!" Jungkook looked up, revealing a pair of dark emerald green eyes staring back at Jimin.

"Kookie-ah, hyung…hyung is confused. Why are you showing me your eyes? You know I don’t mind that your eyes change colours. Did I by any chance do something at the café to offend you?" Jimin spat out whatever was on his mind.

"I really have no idea what you're talking about kookie. I'm sorry. Can you please explain it a little more for me?" Jimin asked softly, hoping not to anger Jungkook even more.

Jungkook took a deep breath and let it all out; he couldn't keep it in anymore. It was going to kill him.

"I'm jealous, ok hyung?
I'm jealous that you and taetae-hyung have so many inside jokes.
I'm jealous that you have hobi-hyung to dance and share your passion for dancing with.
I'm jealous that people keep flirting with you but you don't seem to notice.
I'm jealous that you're single and cute so people keep wanting to date you.
I'm jealous that all those idiots think they're special to you when all you're doing is being friendly.
I'm jealous of everyone that makes you laugh and smile.
I'm jealous because I want to be the only one to make you happy.
I'm jealous because I…I want to be the only one for you, hyung." Jungkook hung his head in defeat.

He ruined it; he'd lost Jimin.

 

Jimin was stunned. Was Jungkook…confessing to him?

Before Jimin could answer, Jungkook continued rambling on while trying to catch his breath between sentences.

"I hate that other people think they have a chance with you, because they don't have a chance hyung, they don't. They don't have a chance because you're supposed to be mine and I'm supposed to be yours. We are supposed to be together. We are supposed to be the couple that everyone gets disgusted with because of how much we love each other. But it hurts hyung. It hurts because you don't like me back, so there's nothing I can do but to sit here and watch everyone flirt with you when I KNOW none of them are good enough for you." There's a tinge of anger with hurt in Jungkook's voice and Jimin feels like .

He just stared blankly at Jungkook, trying to process the mountain of information that was just thrown at him.

"Sorry. I'm just being stupid," Jungkook said quickly, embarrassed by Jimin's silence. Way to go smarty pants, he thought. You have just single handedly ruined your friendship with the most important person in your life.

"Kook-ah," Jimin started, but his words fall when Jungkook smiles sadly.

"It's okay hyung. You can't help how you feel and I uhh, I'll guess I'll just go. I'm sorry for disturbing you." Jungkook whispered, shaking his head; causing another tear to leave a trail on his face.

"Kookie, wait!" Jimin called out, hoping Jungkook would turn around to look at him; to at least give Jimin a chance to speak.

He turned to look at Jimin, tears rolling down his cheeks. He looked at Jimin standing there, his perfect hyung looking effortlessly beautiful; his perfect hyung looking so concerned even after his insane outburst.

He lost it again.

"But you know what hurts the most of all hyung?" Jungkook sniffled, attempting to wipe away his tears.

"It's that no matter how much I want to; no matter how much I beg and pray; I'll never be able to call you mine."