Yellow.

Colours.

It wasn't long before Jimin was dragging a reluctant Jungkook to his and Taehyung's weekly bowling sessions. According to Taehyung, this was a necessary part of their week to help them wind down from school and to, he quotes - demolish Jimin-hyung and watch him whine like the baby he truly is.

As they entered the building, high-pitched screams deafened Jungkook. All eyes in the bowling alley were on them. Well, more of on the three obnoxiously loud guys currently jumping up and down infront of Jungkook. He didn't know what the proper social etiquette was for situations like this because well, who does this? So he just stayed rooted to the ground, waiting for the trio to calm down and revert back to normal. All whilst trying to hide himself from the public eye of course.

Apparently the loud red-haired man was Jung Hoseok aka Hobi-hyung aka the chaotic duo's childhood best friend. He hadn't been in school the past few weeks because he was the lucky soloist selected to participate in a prestigious dance camp overseas. If you did well enough to impress the instructors during camp, you could end up being chosen for a full scholarship to one of the finest dance schools in the states. The results would be out later this week and Hoseok hoped so badly that he would be on the receiving end of that miracle. Dancing was his dream; his life. He had been dancing ever since he could walk, and when Jimin was born, he followed in his hyung's footsteps. Only final year students could apply for the camp but Hoseok was confident that when it was Jimin's turn to shine, he would be the brightest one on stage.

 

While Jungkook was getting acquainted with Hoseok, Taehyung went to collect the shoes and bowling balls. Jimin went to get some refreshments- chips, energy drinks, sweets. You name it; he got it. They were going to need all the energy they could get since this was a serious competition you know?

"Okay so tae and I are definitely NOT going to be on the same team, we all know why. We do not need another visit to the emergency room. So hobi and Jungkook, pick a side and let's get this party started" Jimin yelled while pumping his fists in the air.

"I WANT TAE! ONLY TAE! DIBS ON TAE!" yelled Hoseok as he sprinted his way to Taehyung, trying to get as far away as possible from an over-competitive Jimin. And maybe to get close to Taehyung, but of course, no one needed to know that.

"Alright jungkook, this means that you have the privilege of being on my team. Here are the rules you'll need to follow, and listen carefully because I'm only going to say this once. We have to start practicing after this so it is essential we get everything right." As Jimin started listing out all the rules he had to abide by; which if Jungkook might add, was a ridiculously long list, he finally understood why Hoseok chose to be on the opposite team. Jimin was probably the most competitive person he'd ever met. You pair that up with his excitement for literally anything he does and his drama queen tendencies, it was a sure recipe for disaster. A disaster that Jungkook had the "privilege" of getting the front row seat to.

 

After 10 minutes of "team talk and strategy planning", Jungkook was still confused because wasn't this just a game of bowling? Why would anyone even end up in the emergency room? All you needed to do was to throw the ball at the pins, right? He couldn't fathom why his friends were treating this as if it was the hunger games.

"Jungkook, are you even listening to me? Hello? Earth to Jungkook?" questioned Jimin, waving his teeny tiny hands infront of Jungkook's face.

"Oh sorry hyung, I was just, uhh, trying to memorize all the rules so I don't forget anything." Jungkook prayed to all the Gods that Jimin bought his lie because given the amount of dedication and seriousness Jimin had while explaining the rules, he knew he would be in deep if he wasn't paying attention. I mean; don't get me wrong, Jungkook did think Jimin looked adorable, attempting to be all focused and dominating but how could Jungkook take him seriously when his hyung was just a tiny tiny little fluffy man with sweater paws. Oh what he would give to pinch his hyung's cheeks.

"But hyung, if I may ask, why are you and tae treating this game like a life and death situation? Aren't we just here to have fun and relax?"

Jimin's gasped loudly, mouth hanging wide open, hands over his chest, as if Jungkook had asked a terrible question.

Chuckles could be heard from the opposite of the lane. "Oh our poor baby Jungkook, you have no idea what you got yourself into" Taehyung snickered, with a sly grin replacing his usual boxy smile.

Okay, now Jungkook was starting to get worried. Could someone just tell him what the hell was going on? He didn’t understand anything and he hates stupid. Especially infront of Jimin.

"Same stakes as last time?"

"Damn right they are."

Jimin and Taehyung shook hands and parted ways. Bowling wars had just begun.

.
.
.

Everything was going great. Jungkook's team was winning, Taehyung's team was losing, Jimin was being his exceptionally cute self - wait, what? Jimin was what? Jungkook snapped back to reality. No no no, he wasn't supposed to get attached to anyone; much less find anyone cute. It was only a matter of time before his dad would be shipping him off elsewhere. He couldn’t afford to get close to anyone; to give them pieces of himself. It would only hurt in the long run when he had to leave them behind. No, he had to nip his obsession with Jimin's cuteness while he still could.

After a few more rounds, Taehyung's team finally caught up. It was currently the last match and the scores were tied. Each team was down to their last bowler- Jimin and Hoseok. Hoseok went first. He picked up the nearest bowling ball and confidently walked forward before releasing it. He successfully hit 8 pins, followed by a clean spare.

"HA! Let's see if you can beat that chimchim" Taehyung taunted Jimin.

"Don't get your in a twist tae, there's a reason why I'm the reigning champion" Jimin waltzed over to the starting line, positive that he had this in the bag. He couldn’t wait to deliver a perfect strike and wipe that smug smile off Taehyung's face.

"Watch how it's done hobi-hyung" Jimin picked up the ball and took one, two, three steps forward. He moved his arm backwards, and proceeded to swing the ball down the lane as fast as he could. At least that was his intention.

He was too busy trying to show off that he ended up miscalculating his steps. His foot crossed the line and it may or may not have resulted in him falling flat on his with the bowling ball in the gutter.

 

"Oh my God chimchim, what was that?" Taehyung scoffed. "If memory serves, champions actually do hit the pins and not just throw the ball into the gutter. I'm confident the title has officially become mine." Taehyung broke out into a little victory dance with a shrieking Hoseok on his side. Well ok, it might be abit of a stretch calling that a dance, but what other word was there to describe Taehyung wiggling his while flailing his gangly limbs all over the place?

Jungkook ran over to check on his hyung while Taehyung and Hoseok erupted into a fit of laughter. He could tell that Jimin wasn't in the best mood, but he wasn't sure if he was in pain or just grumpy. "Taehyung-hyung, cut it out. I think he sprained his ankle or something."

", really?" The mood changed as Taehyung and Hoseok came running over, filled with regret from pushing the mocking too far.

"Yeah, I think I sprained it. Crap." Jimin limped over to the seats with the help of Jungkook.

Now, you would expect the tournament to be over since firstly, the opposing team won fair and square; and secondly, because Jimin sprained his ankle. But no, Jungkook's tiny hyung had let his competitive nature get to him. Jimin insisted on a rematch even though he was in no position to demand anything. He tried threatening his friends, but how was anyone supposed to take him seriously when he looked like an angry baby chick?

 

But even more importantly, how was Jungkook supposed to NOT find his hyung cute when said hyung did adorable things like this? He was screwed; so screwed.

After a few rounds of bickering, Jungkook managed to calm Jimin down and somehow convinced Taehyung to have a rematch the next time they went bowling. He normally wouldn't care, much less interfere; but the vein in Jimin's head was about to pop and Jungkook kind of sort of feared for his own safety.

.
.
.

They decided to head over to the chaotic duo's dorm for dinner and drinks since Jimin was in no position to be walking around town. They spent the rest of the evening inhaling the pizza Hoseok bought, watching avengers and icing Jimin's ankle.

Well, the last part was mostly Jungkook because you know, someone had to look after his clumsy hyung.

Before they knew it, the clock struck twelve. Jungkook and Hoseok shared a cab home because they still had school the next day and everyone was getting pretty tired. They said their goodbyes and promised to meet up during lunch the next day.

As Jungkook laid in bed that night, he kept thinking. He truly enjoyed himself today. He forgot what that felt like; having fun, being free. It had been a while since he let himself get close to other people. He missed it; the intimate conversations, the jokes, the laughter. He wanted to give himself fully to his friends, but something was still holding him back.

His fear of leaving them; of getting left behind. It was too much.

His thoughts went into overdrive and he was soon pulled into a deep slumber.

.
.
.

! How could he have not heard his alarm ring? And on today out of all days. He had a quiz for God's sake! You see Jungkook, this is why you don't stay out so late; much less doing shots. He had no idea how he was going to ace today's paper, especially when there was still some alcohol left running through his veins.

He miraculously got ready in 10 minutes and proceeded to sprint out the house. As expected, he was late to class but after pleading with his teacher and flashing his doe-eyed bambi eyes, his teacher decided to let him in to sit for the quiz. He thanked his teacher and vowed never to repeat last night's event ever again.

.
.
.

After one hell of a quiz that Jungkook was sure he was going to have to retake, he dragged himself to the garden to have lunch with his friends. He spotted his pink hyung sitting alone, watching Taehyung and Hoseok wrestle on the grass.

"What's wrong with them hyung?" Jungkook asked, settling down beside Jimin.

"I have one cookie left so I told them to fight for it. They've been at it for the past 5 minutes and I got bored watching so…" Jimin dragged his last few words.

"So what hyung?"

"So I decided to eat it." Jimin cackled, flopping his body all over Jungkook's lap.

Sigh, wasn't his hyung the cutest little thing you've ever seen? Him trying to be all evil and mean when he was in fact the most innocent person Jungkook had ever laid eyes on. Jungkook's heart couldn't deal with all this cuteness. It was going to explode soon.

"Ah hyung, don't be mean. They'll kill you when they find out!"

"Come on, it's just a cookie. Hey wait, cookie. IT RHYMES WITH YOUR NAME!" Jimin jumped up and yelled.

"What are you saying hyung? It doesn't sound the slightest bit similar." Jungkook rolled his eyes at his over-dramatic hyung.

"Yes it does! Ohmygod! You're kookie, JUNGKOOKIE. Get it?" Jimin's eyes lit up while squashing Jungkook's cheeks.

 

Wait. Wasn't he the one who was supposed to squish his hyung's cute cheeks? Why was he getting attacked now? This wasn't the plan.

And God, kookie? Jungkookie? That was single-handedly the CUTEST pet name Jungkook had ever gotten in his life. And from his precious Jimin-hyung? Could this day get any better?

Jungkook was laughing at his hyung, feeling happier than he had ever been in such a long time. Hearing Jimin call him so fondly, it made his heart feel funny. It was happiness, but a different kind from when he was with Taehyung and Hoseok.

He was about to tell his hyung to stop being so ridiculous when Jimin's eyes grew as wide as saucers; and that's saying something, given how tiny his cute hyung's eyes were.

"Hey kookie?"

"Yeah?" he blushed, the pet name getting to him.

"Since when were your eyes yellow?"

 

.