You Can Call Me Monster

You Can Call Me Monster

You Can Call Me Monster

 

A tiny thing that annoys you sparks a fire and burns everything into ashes

He wonders though. What does it feel to jump from the cliff? Feel the strong wind approaching him, to fight against the gravity around him. If only he stops doubting his goal just a second, he would already fall by now.

He didn’t need to go through the heartbreaking. But as one has said, you will not know the taste unless you take a sip. After all that happened, he smiles. There is no regret, just a glad feeling. At least he, now, know what does it feel to fall in love again. And he won’t regret it, like, ever.

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing?”

            Baekhyun turned around, gasped at the man behind him. There, standing a very fine young man, not that muscular but he is tall and handsome with a scar on his left eyes. The day is practically freezing, but the man only wear a thin plain shirt that is painted with dirt and blood on his right shoulder. He cringed at the scene, looking at the unused arrows on his bag back to the bow on his left arm. The man got that charm that will terrify Baekhyun. But somehow that time, Baekhyun just stand there, blinking furiously at the man as he thought hard about something is going through on his mind.

“I-“ Baekhyun found his voice a little bit shaky but continued anyway “-would like to jump”

            The words seem a bit stupid, but Baekhyun couldn’t think straight that time. He just said whatever thought in his mind. The man narrowed his eyes to Baekhyun, still standing on his position, looking at what Baekhyun means by jumping before making an ‘O’ with his mouth with a little nod from his head. Without even saying anything, the man turned around and left Baekhyun there, at the edge of the cliff, blinking furiously as he processed what just had happened that time.

            The man just left him like that, even after he said that he wants to jump as if he permits him to do so.

“W-wait, you didn’t stop me?” Baekhyun shouted, waiting the man to come out from the darkness out of the forest

            But Baekhyun didn’t see anyone is coming, thus he looks back at the bottom of the cliff before biting his lips hardly and sprinting to follow the stranger he just met.

 

 

 

 

 

“You are weird, you know? My name is Baekhyun, what is yours?”

            Baekhyun stretched his right arm, waiting for such reaction from the man and rolled his eyes as he didn’t get any. The shorter man sighed, running a little so he could stop the tall man from walking further and then blocked the way from the man who just furrowed his eyebrows in confused. Thus, Baekhyun shows his best smile that means a very adorable and beautiful smile like everyone else in the village has ever mentioned about him.

“I said, my name is Baekhyun, what is yours? Do you want to be my friend?” Baekhyun repeated his words with a smile still plastered on his face

The man looks at Baekhyun’s hand for a second, before blinking his eyes to Baekhyun’s face and said, surprisingly, with his deep-husky voice “I thought that you want to jump”

“Aw, you are so mean” Baekhyun pouted, successfully making the other man furrowed his eyebrows again as he waited Baekhyun to said more so he did “Well, I thought so. But I just couldn’t. That is my question though, why do you just leave me like that? Do you know that is like- um, evil?”

“You don’t even know me” the man stated

At that, Baekhyun pouted deeper “But you are not a monster, are you?”

“You can call me that if you want”

“What? A monster?”

“Yes. If you excuse me, this monster needs to eat, so-“

The man pushed Baekhyun further, surprised by how weak Baekhyun is as he looks up before shaking his head and leave Baekhyun, once again, alone. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, running a little to catch up the man. Sometimes he just wonders why he got such short legs and misses the man easily.

When he finally saw the man again, he couldn’t move a bit. He just stood there, looking at the man perfectly hidden in the bushes, aiming a poor deer on his sight. Baekhyun is just kidding when he said that the man is somewhat dangerous, but now he witnesses it, the man is indeed dangerous. He saw how the man positioned himself and waiting at the right moment before releasing his arrow in one move and kill the poor deer in one shot. Baekhyun couldn’t get over that man’s sharp gazing when he smirks at the poor deer and suddenly catch Baekhyun’s glimpse behind a tree, looking at him like he is a perfect dinner for him.

“I thought that you want to jump” it startled Baekhyun how the man just talked to him when skillfully clean up the mess he just made

            The man couldn’t bring a whole dead animal on his shoulder just like that, or that was Baekhyun thinking about. He gasped loudly as he saw the man finished the injured poor deer with a pocket knife before put a whole dead animal on his shoulder. Baekhyun might be not a hunter, or having experience a thing, but he knew for sure the blood isn’t a good sign. So Baekhyun shouted at the man which growled at him as the response.

Baekhyun gulped loudly when he realized what he just did. The tall man looks at him, more precisely glared at him, with dead deer on his shoulder and what seems like a sharp pocket knife on his right hand, the bow and the arrows are put nicely on his back. His eyes told Baekhyun that he should shut up or Baekhyun will be another dead meat on his shoulder.

“B-but you couldn’t just bring the- whole meat like that a-and-“

“I thought that you want to jump” the man repeated his words, three times, as he pierced his gaze to Baekhyun

But it seems like he finally realized how trembling Baekhyun is, so he sighs “You shouldn’t follow me and just jump, Baek” the man approached him and Baekhyun is being even surprised by his words “Yes, you heard it right. See, you miss you chance already” another sigh as the man looks at the sun set “You shouldn’t be here, follow me”

            When Baekhyun just stood there processing what the man just said, the man turned around again and thought that Baekhyun followed him obediently. The man laughed at Baekhyun, that pretty much sure stop Baekhyun’s brain function. The man isn’t just tall, handsome, and cool, but also bright and blinding.

“This is bad. You wouldn’t follow me when I asked you too. Such a stubborn kid, are you?” he let out another chuckle while smirking at Baekhyun “Chanyeol-“ he introduced himself to frozen Baekhyun “-and I am not a monster. It depends on when you see me. Night is coming, you better follow me when I am being nice to you, sweetheart”

            And that is how Baekhyun ended up living with Chanyeol for the next days in his small wooden-made house in the core deep down in the forest.

 

 

 

 

 

            Chanyeol didn’t lie about his identity. Living with Chanyeol for days making Baekhyun realized that tall man’s words are right. He might not be a monster when the sun is setting and the night is coming, he became a super sweet and caring hunter who will talk with Baekhyun for hours just because the latter seems lonely at home, then fell asleep on the thin straw mat after fighting against his tiredness on a day. When the sun peeped from the other side of the world, Chanyeol would open his eyes and looked at Baekhyun with his strong-cold-gaze and leave him alone without words.

            Baekhyun realized this at the forth days he lives with Chanyeol. The man always left him in the morning with the same, strong-cold gaze, as if Baekhyun is a bothersome to see and would definitely went home after, lacking of an oxygen just to shout Baekhyun’s name all over the house and smiles brightly when he found Baekhyun is there, waving at him like a lost child he is.

“I wonder-“ Baekhyun start his time with good Chanyeol at night while serving him a hot brewed tea “Shouldn’t I go hunting like you? I mean, more hands are better, right?”

            He didn’t know when, but it seems like talking with Chanyeol is appealing and addictive. He couldn’t just stop staring at Chanyeol. The latter wouldn’t help either when he gives Baekhyun a loving gaze.

Chanyeol shook his head “I won’t suggest that”

“Why?”

“Well” Chanyeol hummed, take a sip on the tea “You know my condition, I would be a monster to you and you won’t like it. Besides, hunting is not that fun”

Baekhyun agreed with that, but he couldn’t just wait for a day until the night is coming without doing anything so he insisted “I know. But-“

“No buts Baekhyun and drop the topic. Now, tell me about the day, will you?”

            It has always been like that. Chanyeol wouldn’t permit Baekhyun to go outside and will definitely drop the topic as he talks anything near that. Baekhyun has enough. So, later at night, he finally got his courage to leave the house, leaving Chanyeol for a night, and that is the worst decision ever.

 

 

 

 

 

            He wandered around the forest. Baekhyun basically lives here for life, but he never recalled having such a beautiful forest like this one. That reminds Baekhyun. He didn’t even remember what he was doing that night besides the wanting to jump off the cliff.

            Baekhyun just remembers that he stood at the edge of the cliff, ready to jump before Chanyeol approached him and asked him what he is doing there. Next moment, he knew that he snapped from his thought and followed the stranger obediently. He didn’t even know Chanyeol back then. Scratch that, he didn’t even know Chanyeol until now.

            Baekhyun stops wandering as he looked up at the bright starry sky. His name is Baekhyun, and that is the only thing he remembers. He frowned deeply as he didn’t realize where his foot takes him. He is surprised to find himself back at the edge of the cliff. He frowned even deeper when he finally realizes the scene below the cliff.

            It is a village, a familiar one where he spends most of the time he lives. It is the village where he is coming from. So that is why he wants to jump. This is weird. He just has the urge to jump again.

            He bended down immediately, putting his hands on his head as he screamed loudly. His head become so dizzy that his vision became blurry until the point that he couldn’t handle it. When he opens his eyes again, the tears already streamed down over his eyes. He looked up to see a silhouette behind the tree.

“Baekhyun?”

            Baekhyun widened his eyes, sadness filled up his heart without any explainable reason.

“J-Jongdae?”

He is surprised to see one of his friends there, looking worriedly at him. He is even more surprise when he knows the man, as if the memory just shoved back to his mind. Jongdae is his friend, the close one who spent all sunny day with him back in the village.

“What are you doing here?”

The bright starry sky has been changed into the dark cloudy sky. He realized his vision became blurry and the wind around him didn’t help at all. He could feel something is wrong in this place but he couldn’t put a name on it.

“I-“ I don’t know

“You should jump”

            It startled Baekhyun. He widened his eyes and stared at Jongdae in disbelief. The man, however, stood there casually like he didn’t just ask him to kill himself.

“J-jump?”

He repeated the word in low tones but Jongdae nodded eagerly

“Yes, you should jump. We wait for you there Baekhyun-ah. Jump. Just like me”

            When Jongdae walked pass him, jump over the cliff while waving his hands casually on Baekhyun, the latter widened his eyes in shock. He crawled to the edge of the cliff, looking for a sign of his friend but found nothing. Baekhyun knows his blurry vision is caused by the tears those coming unstoppable. So, he screamed loudly, surprised when he woke up with Chanyeol beside him.

            The moon is still up there, peeping behind the windy night. Chanyeol moves in his sleep, frowned a bit when he heard Baekhyun’s shouting, but back to sleep immediately as Baekhyun shut his mouth up. It is just a dream. It is just a dream of meeting his friend back in the forest, asking him to jump. But it just feels so real that he knows that his tears are still streaming down his cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

“You hurt yourself”

            He didn’t know why he mentioned it when sun is already up and Chanyeol basically would ignore him for sure. So when he got no response, Baekhyun sighed, looking at Chanyeol who walks unsteady with his weakling leg, leaving him, once again, alone. A thought of leaving the house never come to his mind even once, but that dream last night. Baekhyun stood up, looking at his surrounding once again before sprinting out of the house.

            He remembers clearly that the sun is still up there, but when he arrived at the said cliff, the sky darkened and the weather chilled. Baekhyun gulped his nervousness, approaching the cliff like a brave man he is. But before he realized it, someone held his hand. He turned around, surprised to see worried Chanyeol is there.

“What- are you doing?”         

            He feels like a déjà vu and it is just like a dream. The next thing he knew, he is there at the edge of the cliff with Chanyeol stood still at the mouth of the forest, looking worried at him.

“I- would like to jump” he repeated the exact answer he just said at the first time he met, gasped when he realized that is not déjà vu at all

            It is like repeating the time again. But this time, they already meet. He knew Chanyeol wouldn’t let him jump.

            -or that is what he thought so.

            Baekhyun widened his eyes when he saw Chanyeol frowned, but took a step back. As if the man permits him to jump. The tears started to come out of his eyes. Baekhyun feels so disappointed.

“Wait, you didn’t stop me?”

Chanyeol opened his lips, only to close it again, but the second he opened his lips again, the words broke Baekhyun into pieces “I thought, you want to jump”

            Just like that, Chanyeol left him alone.

 

 

 

 

 

            Baekhyun stop crying when he saw someone stood in front of him. He wiped his tears with the back of his hands, lifting his head as he wants to know who is looking for him. As he thought, it is Jongdae, his friends.

            The man looks so sad. Jongdae dropped his to the ground, positioned himself besides crying Baekhyun. The latter didn’t know though why he has such an urge to hate the other.

“Why did you come here?” Baekhyun said between his gritted teeth, looking angry at his supposed to be friend

Jongdae feels offended, and so he scoffed “I know right. But you call me here, how I supposed to do then. You are my friend after all, the ungrateful one”

Baekhyun winced at the chosen word but he stopped crying already, he protested “It is just fine just me and him. You shouldn’t interfering us”

Jongdae rolled his eyes, nodded at whatever bull Baekhyun said just to ease the other “I know” he emphasized the word “But-“ he looked at Baekhyun in the eyes, looking for something in those lost eyes "He isn’t the only one who loves you, we do, Baek”

            When the words strike Baekhyun, he scoffed.

“He didn’t love me” Baekhyun said “Who says that he loves me? It is a lie. He leaves me alone here to jump, to kill myself. That is not love”

At that, Jongdae smirked “If you say so, then- why you are still here? Waiting for him to pick you up? Who is the liar here, actually?”

            There is a brief moment before Jongdae stood up, stared at him, and disappeared into thin air in the next second. Baekhyun suddenly lost his balance and stumbled on his position. He is surprised and closed his eyes in panic. Just when he opened his eyes, he saw Chanyeol in front of him, looking so worried and started to sweat a lot.

            It is still night, but it has different atmosphere than before. The sky is not as dark as before when he talked to Jongdae, not as windy as minutes ago. The thing is, under the bright starry night, he could see something sparks on Chanyeol’s cheeks. The other is definitely cried.

“I thought that I am late, I thought that you already jump” the taller embraced the other tightly “Don’t- don’t you dare to. Don’t leave me alone. I-“

            He loves you.

            Baekhyun could hear Jongdae’s voices in his mind. But he closed his eyes once again, and fainted into Chanyeol’s arms. He just couldn’t remember anything that night.

 

 

 

 

 

“Chanyeol, is that you?”

            Baekhyun opened the door with bright smile is drawn on his face. Unfortunately, the man in front of him is not the one he is looking for. And another unfortunately thing is, the stranger in front of him currently is frowned deeply at him.

“Who are you?”

“I-“

“What are you doing here?”

“Uhm-“

“You shouldn’t belong here. Go back to your place”

“But-“

“How dare you-“

“KRIS”

            Baekhyun is startled when the next thing he knew, Chanyeol punched the man right on his face. Whoever is that, started to bleed on the nose, glaring at both Chanyeol and Baekhyun. The latter got the feeling something is not right, immediately hid behind Chanyeol, who pulled him into a tight side hug. The man named Kris, scoffed annoyingly, towering Chanyeol.

“You know the consequences, Chanyeol”

“This is not your business”

“I am your brother. Of course this is one my businesses”

“You are not” Chanyeol deadpanned, glared at the taller “We are officially nothing at the time you leave me. So, get out from here. You are the one who is not belong here”

Kris, upon hearing what Chanyeol said, widened his eyes in disbelief. But he got his pride after all. He dusted on his pants off, growled at Chanyeol before scowled at Baekhyun.

“You are going to regret this, I warned you” he said before slamming the door and leaving them together

“Chanyeol, who is he?” Baekhyun asked the taller man, but Chanyeol shook his head, pulled Bekhyun into a tight hug and whispered

“Don’t leave me. You are the only one I have. Promise me, don’t you ever leave me alone”

 

 

 

 

 

            Baekhyun knew that he shouldn’t do this, but he couldn’t help it.

            He arrived at the exact place he left his friend before. Of course Jongdae is already there, looking at him with an annoying smirked as if the latter has already known that Baekhyun would visit him again. Although it is windy and definitely cold, Baekhyun is not as afraid as before. Instead, he stomped his feet and scoffed at his friend.

“You are right, he loves me. How did you know?” Baekhyun asked

“That is not even a question. Seriously Baek, how didn’t you know?” Jongdae asked back, teased his friend “So, you are coming back here. I bet Chanyeol didn’t know about this”

“Just to make this clear, I come here because I want to say that I wouldn’t leave him alone. Jongdae, I couldn’t do that. He loves me” Baekhyun stated, a blushed on his cheeks and enough to change Jongdae’s facial expression

“You love him” Jongdae said in serious tone “You shouldn’t do that Baek. He is-“

-not a monster” Baekhyun continued “Yeah you are right, I love him. We love each other. Then, why we should be separate? I think that is clear. I am sorry I couldn’t come with you, Jongdae. I am really sorry”

“You didn’t mean that”

But Baekhyun insisted “I mean it. I can’t leave him alone”

“I bet he asked you to say that. We didn't ask you to leave him, Baek, it is up to you. We- will support any decision you have made. But that doesn't mean we care less than him, we care for you. We didn't want anything bad happen to you, just as simple as that. Remember what I said before?” Jongdae’s silhouette started to disappeared but Baekhyun still could hear him saying “He isn't the only one who loves you, we do"

            When Baekhyun opened his eyes again, he is back in his room. Chanyeol sleeps soundly beside him. He couldn’t help not to smile at the scene in front of his eyes. Thus Baekhyun held his hand onto the other and started to fall asleep again. Nobody could separate them anymore, he is so positive at that.

 

 

 

 

 

            It is already a month after they meet each other, but there is no sign of tiredness of each other. Chanyeol loves Baekhyun and Baekhyun loves Chanyeol. Chanyeol might not be the best man at the day, but he is still the sweetest man at night who thinks Baekhyun is everything in his life. It always repeated like that.

            Since that night, Baekhyun never saw Jongdae ever again. He even stops the curiosity to go outside. He waits Chanyeol patiently in the house, until the night comes with him.

            But that particular night, Baekhyun feels something is wrong with his body. He started to feel weak. His breathing becomes so heavy and he couldn’t even stand on his own. By days, he just sat while waiting for Chanyeol to come home.

            That night is as same as ever. Baekhyun sat weakly on the mat, waiting for Chanyeol to come through the open door. It is open for a purpose. Nowadays, Baekhyun feels so sleepy that he couldn’t even wake up when Chanyeol comes home. He feels bad for that, but he couldn’t help it. He yawned when the sky started to get darken, he closed his eyes and started to sleep unconsciously.

“Oh you wake up. Here, the soup” Chanyeol said, helping Baekhyun to sit because he is just as weak as that

“Uhm, when did you go home? What time is it? Why didn’t I know?” Baekyun said between his lidded eyes

He could hear the raspy voice of Chanyeol’s laugh “Eleven at night. You just fell asleep when I got home. Why didn’t you close the door? The wind blew strongly tonight, you might get sick”

“As if I couldn’t get even sicker than this” Baekhyun teased the other and started to sniffed at Chanyeol “But Chanyeol, did you get hurt somewhere? I could smell blood”

There is a brief silence, but Baekhyun didn’t realize that. He is to asleep to even notice the time. So, when Chanyeol answered the question minutes after, Baekhyun just thought the seconds just passed.

“That is the deer, my dear. It isn’t mine”

“Oh, really? Glad to hear that” Baekhyun said, but he is too sleepy to even open his eyes “I am sorry to say this, but I am so sleepy Chanyeol. Can we talk tomorrow? Let me sleep for a moment”

            Baekhyun didn’t even hear the answer as he already closed his eyes.

            He fell asleep.

            -for days.

 

 

 

 

 

            When Baekhyun opened his eyes again, he is surprised to see the amount of blood on the house. He remembers clearly about Chanyeol caught a deer. But the deer shouldn’t have this much of blood. So, he stood up abruptly and looked around. He decided to ask Chanyeol later. For now on, it is best to clean the house before Chanyeol came back from hunting.

            He didn’t expect to see Chanyeol in his worst appearance. The first thing he did when he saw the taller is giggling at how messy Chanyeol is. Chanyeol usually tied hair is getting longer, and by now a little bit of mustaches are showing up. But the thing is, there is a bad smile coming from him that Baekhyun could smell from afar, a really bad blood smell that is attached on Chanyeol’s body.

“Baekhyun!”

            Well, Baekhyun didn’t expect Chanyeol to hug him at that state.

“Ewh, you should take a shower” Baekhyun giggled at him “What is this? Did your hair is as long as this is before? You really grow mustaches in a night”

            Baekhyun didn’t get the answer and Chanyeol definitely is going to ignore that. The taller just hug him tighter, not letting Baekhyun to go even the protest that comes from the other. Baekhyun have no idea of what is actually happening.

 

 

 

 

 

            Baekhyun might be naïve, but he is not that stupid.

            At the third nights, or that is what Baekhyun thought as the third nights, he started to notice one thing. His tiredness never leaves him. It got worsened. He didn’t sleep just a night. Because each times he opened his eyes, Chanyeol got a lot messier.

“I have warned you about the consequences”

            Baekhyun recognized the voice. It is belong to Kris, the man who introduced himself as Chanyeol’s brother. Although Baekhyun knew that he shouldn’t do this, but his curiosity comes first. He is curious with whom Kris is talking to. He didn’t expect to see Chanyeol with his back face him. Baekhyun listens to their conversation.

“Help me” Chanyeol begged “You are the only one I can ask for help, hyung”

“Months ago, you didn’t say that”

            Months ago?

            What it is? What the thing that Chanyeol needs Kris’ help badly?

“Months ago, the thing didn’t go like this” Chanyeol insisted

“But there is nothing I could help with. Chanyeol, you are against the rule” Kris said

“You would do the same if that is the one you love”

“I would do the same, but this is still not right”

“You are not helping at all, hyung”

“I have warned you, he is d-

“Stop it”

            Baekhyun gasped when he saw Chanyeol suddenly hit the other right on his face. He immediately slammed the door open, holding Chanyeol hands because he didn’t want Chanyeol to get more scratches on his face. But when Chanyeol realized that someone is holding his hands, he turned around, widened his eyes while realizing that is his Baekhyun in front of him. He is in trouble.

“You shouldn’t be here!” Chanyeol shouted angrily as he dragged Baekhyun back to his house, but it is too late

            Baekhyun already saw what he should see.

“I-is is that-“

            Baekhyun dropped his body on the ground. His leg weakened again, but that is not for the same reason. The thing in front of him is definitely the one who caused it.

“You are right. It is you” Kris said, wiped the blood on his lips as he stood up and dusted his pants

“Kris hyung, shut up!” Chanyeol shouted, pulled Baekhyun into a hug but the latter is too surprised to realize that he pushed Chanyeol further “No Baekhyun, that is not you- that is- that is-“

“That man is me. Chanyeol. I- I am dead” Baekhyun widened his eyes, looking at the body that lays on the ground

            It might be decomposed and unidentified, but it is definitely Baekhyun.

“I have told you, that you didn’t belong here. You should go back to your place. Your existence here is ruined the balance of the world”

“Kris hyung, shut your mouth” Chanyeol growled at his brother and hug Baekhyun tighter “Now Baekhyun, don’t listen to him. It is just hallucination. Look, there is no body there. It is just your hallucination”

            Chanyeol’s voice sounds so soft and convincing that Baekhyun’s vision became blurred until he couldn’t see the body. But Chanyeol’s appearance couldn’t fool him anymore. Once he looked up and see Chanyeol’s messier appearance, he started to see the body again, even heard Jongdae’s voices on his mind.

“We didn’t want anything bad happen to you. Life is cruel, isn’t it?”

“No! Stop! You are not right! This is must be not right!”

“Get yourself into it, Baek! You are dead, we are dead. Why the hell I ask you to jump?”

“You are not right, you lied to me”

“I am not. Chanyeol is. He lied to you”

“No!”

            Baekhyun surprisingly screamed on his own, getting Chanyeol to panic and all. Kris didn’t help. He watched how his brother hugs the soul of a dead man that started to scream loudly.  It is his fault. He shouldn’t let Chanyeol to hunt by himself at the first time. Otherwise, this thing would be happened. Chanyeol wouldn’t set his eyes on the lost soul that comes by the name of Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun, Baekhyun, please- wake up. This is just a dream, this is just-“

“You should stop, Chanyeol. He didn’t belong here. Didn’t you see that you ruined his soul?”

“Shut up hyung, this is because of you. Baekhyun is fine, he is just fine”

“The only mistake I admit is letting you hunt by yourself. I have told you not to talk with a random lost soul but you didn’t listen to me. You even dare to take him home. You-“

“Get out! GET OUT FROM MY HOUSE”

 

 

 

 

 

            Baekhyun is surprised when he is back to the cliff. At first, he thought that Jongdae would be here. But he is wrong. The man at the edge of the cliff has a pair of doe eyes, looks lovely if only he didn’t glare at him.

“You are so stupid” the man said, “I have told you to become smarter by day, but you become stupider and I couldn’t help it anymore. He is a hunter. He kills our souls and sells them with no mercy. You should know that by now. You live with a monster, Baek. I can’t believe you

Baekhyun feels so weak that he dropped to the ground. That is when the man approached him before disappeared and changed into one of familiar faces he knew. It is Jongdae who took him on his embrace.

“Come with us. You still have a chance. Jump down the cliff, right now”

“I- I-“

“Didn’t you hear what Kyungsoo said? Baekhyun, please” Jongdae begged

            So the man named is Kyungsoo. He is one of his friends, no wonder that he is familiar with the man. The images started to fill his mind thus Baekhyun felt dizzy at the time. The moment he opened his eyes again, Jongdae has disappeared, another man appeared in front of him.

“Baek, please” it is Suho “Listen to what we said. You need to leave the man alone”

Baekhyun blinked, and the man in front of him changed again. This time the man got a darker skin tone. Baekhyun’s tears fell down as he recognized the man as their mood maker, Jongin.

“Kyungsoo didn’t mean what he said. Chanyeol hyung is good but-“

            It seems like there is argument between them because Jongin started to blur and change into another man he knew. Kyungsoo appeared again, yelling at him about how bad the hunter is, but Jongin would steal his position and told him that Chanyeol is not that bad. Jongdae would come just to sooth Baekhyun while Suho would stop the other two arguments.

“All hunters are bad”

“But Chanyeol is not one of them”

“Baek, it is okay to jump right now”

“Leave him alone”

“A goodbye wouldn’t hurt”

“Did you think he would let him go by then?”

“Chanyeol hyung wouldn’t hurt Baekhyun hyung!”

“That didn’t explain why he imprisoned Baekhyun’s soul!”

“Stop it you two!”

“We didn’t come here to argue, please”

“I won’t if the man could think by himself”

“Do Kyungsoo! Go back to your place!”

“Am I wrong? Look at him, he is so weak. Do you think he will survive at this rate?”

“GUYS, STOP IT, YOU CONFUSED BAEKHYUN”

            And that stopped the argument. The last man Baekhyun saw is Jongdae. The man looks so angry with his friend, but moreover, he looks so worried at Baekhyun. Before Baekhyun would assure the man that he is okay, he fell to the ground out of his dizziness, and he is fainted again.

 

 

 

 

 

            Chanyeol is so worried because Baekhyun didn’t wake up for days. The day adds up until he didn’t count it anymore. Just because he didn’t want to realize how bad Baekhyun’s state is actually. Kris’s words keeps ringing in his mind.

You should stop, Chanyeol. He didn’t belong here. Didn’t you see that you ruined his soul?”

“You are wrong Kris. You are wrong” he kept repeating his words as he treats Baekhyun as possible as he could

            Just when Baekhyun opened his eyes, Chanyeol cried. He immediately pulled Baekhyun into another tight hug but the lack of response he got from the other worried him. He pushed Baekhyun further, only to say the lost on his eyes.

“Baekhyun, are you- alright?”

            Baekhyun seems like to say something but Chanyeol just couldn’t catch it.

“Pardon me, what did you say? Baek?”

“What-“

            Chanyeol frowned at the coldness on his voice.

“-does it feel to lie on me?”

            The tears never stop falling as Baekhyun firmly pushed Chanyeol further.

“You separate me from my friends, from my family. What does it feel to lie and said such a thing? You- I hate you”

            That stops Chanyeol to breath. He dropped his hand on his side as he processed what Baekhyun said to him. When he got his sense back, he just cried uncontrollably like a kid.

“I didn’t mean to” Chanyeol said more to himself “I didn’t mean to kidnap your soul but-“

“You still did it” Baekhyun coldly said “You still didn’t let me to jump. You lied to me”

“That is not true” Chanyeol argued, he already stood up and looked down at Baekhyun “You are the one who follow me around, you insisted to live with me, you-“

“You manipulated me, how dare you to say such a thing?”

“Which time that I manipulated you? You got the wrong idea!”

“You said that you love me, you asked me not to leave you” Baekhyun cried “Is that how you manipulated lost soul like me? You can’t just love me because I am your prey”

But Chanyeol cried even harder “That is not lie. I really love you, Baek. You are not my prey

“You couldn’t just love a lost soul, Chanyeol. I am not meant to be here. Stop the nonsense already. I hate you, you are a monster

            Chanyeol stops talking and processed what he heard, thus Baekhyun continued.

I even more hate you by now. You are worse than anyone else. You shouldn’t lie about something like that. You- I hate you”

            When Baekhyun stood up and stand by the door, Chanyeol didn’t dare to look at him in the eyes. He turned around, and fisted his hands. Anyway Baekhyun is not wrong at some part. He shouldn’t suddenly love Baekhyun when they only meet as the hunter and a lost soul.

“If that is what you really want, whatever” Chanyeol didn’t mean it but he said "You are right. You aren't meant to be here. Your friends are down there, waiting for you, anytime ready to the rescue. Stretching their hands to catch you they said. You can leave. Sweet talks won't do anything to you anymore. But please remember, once you step outside, you can't just easily come here again"

“Does this mean that you free me?” Baekhyun glared at the Chanyeol’s back

Chanyeol scoffed “I didn’t even tied you down” he whispered to himself before he said “Go away, before I take back what I said”

“Not even looking back. You are truly a monster”

            He could hear the door is being slammed and he couldn’t stop crying afterwards. Kris’ words are still ringing on his mind. He would regret this. But if that means for Baekhyun’s good, then, he would let it be. Because he would do anything so Baekhyun would not die just like that.

 

 

 

 

 

A tiny thing that annoys you sparks a fire and burns everything into ashes.

He wonders though. What does it feel to jump from the cliff? Feel the strong wind approaching him, to fight against the gravity around him. If only he stops doubting his goal just a second, he would already fall by now.

He didn’t need to go through the heartbreaking. But as one has said, you will not know the taste unless you take a sip. After all that happened, he smiles. There is no regret, just a glad feeling. At least he, now, know what does it feel to fall in love again. And he won’t regret it, like, ever.

            Meeting Chanyeol, the hunter of lost souls, is the best decision he has ever have.