003

Unrequited Love

Jongin sighed in relief when he saw the one he was searching,sitting at the far most corner of the quiet library. Since the chat he had with Sehun,guiltiness had been eating him up alive. He texted Doh Kyungsoo, explaining him of his rude behaviours. However,there were no replies. It was not even seen. But Jongin couldn't really blame the older. (Jongin still could not get over of the fact that Kyungsoo is older than them and he was in his 3rd year already!)

So here he was, bracing himself to talk to Kyungsoo. As he got closer, Jongin could see that the older was squinting so hard and his face was so near to one of many books in front.

"Urm..Hello." Kyungsoo's head snapped up in surprise and his mouth formed a small O shape when he figured it was Jongin.

"Oh--Oh. Hi" Kyungsoo only looked at him for a while before looking down again. And then Jongin realised the older was trying to avoid looking at him probably not to creep him out again and Jongin'e heart cracked a little.

"I just...I want to apologise." He said as he took seat beside Kyungsoo. Jongin suddenly realised it gave him a rather empty feeling not to have Kyungsoo's eyes on him. Weird of him to being creeped out by that before and now he wanted the older's attention.

"I tried texting you but there were no replies and I think it's better to do that in person." Realisation hit Kyungsoo as he rushed to explain while shaking his head.

"No no! I wasn't ignoring you...It's just my eyes hurt when I focus on the electronic devices too much so I don't really use my phone much these days." Jongin nodded slowly and sighed in relief when he realised Kyungsoo was not ignoring him.

"Also,you don't have to apologise. Most people think it's creepy when I don't wear glasses. So this is not the first time. I even got punched once in high school because that senior thought I was glaring at him." It pained him to hear Kyungsoo's explanation with a soft laugh.

"But you have a very cute face!" A moment of awkward silence passed between them before Kyungsoo attempted to laugh. Rather very awkwardly.

"Tha--Thanks." Jongin shrugged with a sheepish smile. "Just telling the truth...But still I am very sorry.."And he went back to looking like a kicked puppy with a pout while his eyes were on his lap, focusing on the fiddling fingers.

"It's fine. It's not a big deal,Jongin!" The said male looked up, looking like he was thinking of something.

"Then can I at least make it up to you by treating you somewhere?? Pleaseeee" He pleaded, not noticing how Kyungsoo's ears had gone red by passing seconds.

"You don't really have to--" "But I want to!" Kyungsoo only sighed softly before thinking for a moment and nodding hesitantly.

"When will you be free ??" Jongin beamed, lighting up the whole quiet library in the older's eyes.

"Urm...Maybe Sunday? I will be free after I go collected my glasses." Jongin hummed in thought.

"Where is it??" And in a moment, they made a plan of Kyungsoo coming to Jongin's apartment (because the glasses shop was only a street away from Jongin's apartment) and they would go to a restaurant where the younger was treating him. It all happened so quickly.

Like how fast he fell for Kim Jongin in the blink of an eye. ▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Kyungsoo blinked several times, still adjusting to his new glasses frames. He pushed it up his nose as he took out his phone to text Jongin. Starting from the day Jongin had apologised to him in person, they had been texting back and forth. Kyungsoo had realised the dancer was as energised he was in texts as he was in real life. In this short two day, they realised they had many things in commons such as their love for TV shows and trying out new foods.

The reply to his text about he was coming to Jongin's house, came after about 5 minutes later . The reply was short. Very short to Kyungsoo's liking. It might simply be nothing but Kyungsoo felt like there was something wrong but he just tried to push those feelings away.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

He moved on his legs nervously after he rung the door bell. Who wouldn't be nervous!? He was right in front of the apartment of Kim Jongin! Kyungsoo heard footsteps coming closer to the door as he quickly fixed short hair,trying to look presentable.

"Hello......" All the words he was going to say stuck in his throat when he saw the state Jongin was in. The younger's eyes were red and swollen, his hais all over the place. "Hello." His voice was all croaked up and soft and Jongin just looked like he was about to cry any moment.

"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked,worries and concens written all over his face.

"I'm..I'm fine" The younger attempted to smile but the the conrer of his lips barely rised up.

"Jongin,I think you need to rest. I can just go back." The said male shook his head.

"No--"

"Yes." Kyungsoo insisted firmly which made the youbger to finally give in.

"At least please come in for coffee maybe?" Kyungsoo gave it a thought before nodding slowly.

"Have you eaten anything??" Jongin shook his head slowly before hanging it low again.

"Do you like chicken fried rice?" Jongin looked up, surprise in his eyes before.

"I mean--I mean I can cook for you if you don't mind....But uhhh,never mind---" Jongin stood up abruptly, shaking his head.

"No! No! It's fine! We can hang out here." Jongin replied

. "I mean ff you don't mind,of course.." He added sheepishly.

With that,Kyungsoo proceeded to cook while Jongin kept muttering apologies about he couldn't take Kyungsoo to his favourite restaurant and now Kyungsoo was cooking for him even while the older kept reassuring him that it was fine.

Jongin exclaimed in glee when he first tasted the fried race, saying how good it was,making Kyungsoo blushed alittle. However,he was rather quiter than his usual self while they were eating and Kyungsoo didn't want to push him much.

"Thank you very much. It was veryyyy delicious" Jongin said as he grinned widely while washing the dishes as he insisted Kyungsoo to stay aside only.

"It's nothing." Kyungsoo smiled softly.

"It's.....just about my bestfriend" Jongin started as he did the final dish and turned to smile sadly at him. Kyungsoo just decided to listen quietly because he figured the younger needed it the most right now.

"He got back together with his girlfriend who he keeps having nonsense fights with." His voice was very soft as he leaned on the counter, eyes fixated on the floor. "So I told him maybe they should end it for good. But he accused me of being clingy and annoying."

Kyungsoo just stood there like a stone,not knowing what to do as Jongin's voice broke.

"But I always give him all my time and attention to him like he demanded whenever he fought with his girlfriend or somethinf happens and now he just sees me as a--as a nuisance!" He just couldn't stay still when he saw Jongin's eyes became teary.

Kyungsoo moved to stand in front of the younger and put his hand on Jongin's broad shoulder. But he didn't expect the tanned dancer to suddebly fell in his arms, burying his face between his nape and shoulder. Kyungsoo's breath hitched as his hands stuck beside him as he did not know what to do with current clingy and sad Jongin. However,in the end, he decided to pat the taller's back rather awkwardly.

"You are not annoying,Jongin." He tried his best to comfort though he was very bad at these kind of stuff. "You don't know about that! And I was even very mean to you when we first met." Jongin whined like a kid with his face still on his shoulder,his body bending alittle to be able to do that. Kyungsoo chuckled softly.

"It happened. But I am ceetain you are not annoying at all. From what I've heard from both Sehun and Junmyeon hyung and me talking with you for like two days,you are very kind and energetic person who is always willing to help someone." Jongin finally backed out (Kyungsoo sighed internally in relief but whined alittle inside too at the loss of warmth) and stared at him with big wide clear eyes.

"Really?" Kyungsoo cooed at the sight before nodding which fialnally pulle out a smile from Jongin.

"Now wipe your tears and your nose too!!" Kyungsoo joked which made Jongin pouted and then laughed.

"Thank you so much for being here.I really appreciate it....You know,I just--I just really wish my feelings for him would go away by now.." Kyungsoo's smile dropped slowly and he felt like something dropped inside him in a fast pace.

"But after all these years,..I still love him the same." Jongin is in love with his bestfriend. This realisation stinged his heart so badly that he coule barely put on a smile. He believed he just had a very bad luck in love.

▪▪▪▪▪

"You have been smiling alot at your phone lately,Kyungsoo." The said male looked up with his ears flushed at Junmyeon's sudden comment.

"Wh--what?" I have not!" They both were sitting in the canteen and Kyungsoo had been reading texts of which character Jongin got after he took a quizz about his tv shows. Thankfully, Jongin was back to usual cheerful self.

"Is it Jongin?" His eyes widened when the older guessed it right.

"So I'm right. Aigoo. You are in love finally after all these years!" And he swore he felt like his face was goinf to burst up from being extremely red.

"I am not in love!" Junmyeon just stared at him blankly,unimpressed. Kyungsoo sighed, knowing he could never lie to Junmyeon.

"Not love...Like..." Junmyeon smiled widely before it disappeared from his face and worries replaced them instead.

"Kyungsoo, you know how much I wish for your happiness,right? And I am very glad you can finally bring yourseld to like someone after all this years. But....." Kyungsoo did know what Junmyeon was going to say. Something Jongin said to him which he would never forget.

"Jongin likes his bestfriend."

"Jongin has someone he likes for years."

They both said it at the same time, making Kyungsoo smiled. A smile which was entirely filled with sadness.

"I know about it." He muttered,looking down at his phone.

"Oh...Kyungsoo...." Junmyeon sighed deeply as he wrapped his arm around the younger's shoulder.

"Maybe I just don't have enough luck in love." He chuckled lowly though his heart hurted so much.

"If it's...if it's possible, I wish you two can be together. You both look very compatible together. Maybe who knows,he might fall in love with you,Kyungsoo." Junmyeon tried to comfort him but he just laughed it off.

"Hyung! You know those things only happen in movies,right? This is impossible..Really Imposibble....Maybe I will move on one day so don't worry....."

Junmyeon could only watch his friend from aside,not being able to do anything but comforting him.

 

 

 

A/n- hope you are enjoying the story! <3