Broken Nose, Dying, Saved By A Ghost

From Ghosts To Angels

Chapter Three

 

Na Mirae:

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"...Turn it off." I hear a chuckle, and I open one eye to see Daehyun. He turns off the alarm, "Get up! I'm hungry." I wave him off, "10 more minutes." and bury my face to the pillow. 

Then I feel a sudden force yanking my warm blanket away, and open the window curtains, exposing my sleepy eyes to the blinding sun ray. 

"God dammit! Stop disturbing my sleep, for f-ck sake." I groan, burying my face to the bed. I don't care, I ain't leaving this bed. It's Sunday, for God sake.

Then I feel myself being lifted off the ground... Except that no one is lifting me. I feel the wind beneath me, lifting me off the bed. My eyes widen in surprise, and I let out a yelp.

I glare at Daehyun, then I see Jongup with Daehyun's arms on his shoulders, Daehyun smiling evilly while Jongup has this blank expression on his face, his index finger twirling around, as if he's trying to keep balance.

"Dammit Jung Daehyun! Put me down!"

He smirks at me, "No can do, sweet baby doll. Besides, it wasn't me. It's Jongup."

Yeah, because you use Seducia on him, you son of a batch of cookies.

"Wha- How did you know about it!?" I raise my eyebrow, "Put me down." He glares at me, "No." I stare at Jongup, "Jongup-ah... Put me down please... It's cold."

He chuckles, "There's no use. He won't hear you. Now tell me how did you know about our powers!" I sigh, blowing the hair that's on my face. "Himchan, happy?"

"Yah, why are you being informal towards me." Himchan is leaning against the door frame, watching us. I stare at him, "Then what do you want me to call you?"

He smirks, "Oppa of course!" I roll my eyes, "Ain't gonna happen sistah."

I wait for Jongup to let out a comment, but he didn't. I sigh. This is no fun. I glare at Daehyun, "You got your answer, now put me down or I won't make you breakfast."

He sticks his tongue out at me, "It's fine, I can always ask Himchan-hyung or Youngjae to do it." Himchan stares at him, "Ain't gonna happen bro." Then he turns around and leaves. 

"Hello? Did you forget that I'm under Jongup's Elementatia?"

"I don't, but I have no intention on helping you. Besides, Daehyun is a Seducia, remember? He's a manwhore who control people's minds to get what he wants, and I am certainly not gonna fall for his victim." He laughs and poofs off.

He poofs off. No, not walks off or floats off, he poofs away.

Usually people says apparates, but I prefer poofs.

I groan mentally, he's gonna get this later. 

Daehyun sighs, "Youngjae-yah!" Then Youngjae walks to the room. They can walk, and they can fly too. Just how great is it to be a spirit, their powers are just awesome.

Daehyun and Youngjae stares at me, "...Did you really just think that being a ghost is awesome?" I shake my head, "No. What. I didn't think of anything." Youngjae looks around, and lets out a sigh. "Come on, Jung Daehyun. Let her go or she won't make you breakfast."

"But you can make it for me."

"No I won't."

"Why?"

I wave my hand, "Hello?"

"Because I don't feel like it."

"But I'm hungry."

"So? Go to the kitchen and whip up a meal for yourself. I just had a soul."

I stare at Youngjae, "You just had a soul?" He shrugs, "Yeah, I need to consume human soul once in a while. It's like how vampires need human blood. They can drink animal blood but it won't taste the same as the human blood. Sometimes we just can't control the urge, something like that." 

I shiver, and I turn to Daehyun. I let out a sigh, "All this wind on my belly is making me sick."

Youngjae stares at Daehyun, then Daehyun lets out a sigh of relief. "...Fine." He snaps his fingers.

Then Jongup's gleamy eyes came back to life, and Jongup looks around, "Wha-" 

"UWAH!" BANG! I fall to the ground, face first. Then I hear Daehyun laughs, "PUAHAHAHAHA!"

I glare at him, "Not funny." I stomp out the room, Daehyun still laughing and I glance at Jongup and he looks confused. Well, can't blame him. It's all Daehyun's fault.

I wince at the pain on my nose and my head, and I rub it when I feel something... Liquid-ish, on my fingertips. 

Blood. 

Crap, don't tell me...

"Oh my God Daehyun you just broke her face."

I turn to Youngjae, and he has this surprise look, while Daehyun looks... Scared? I glare at Daehyun, "I am never gonna forgive you for this." I grab a clean cloth from the kitchen drawer and storm off.

Where am I going? Well, you can take a lucky guess. I groan in frustration, and it only makes my nose hurt even more. I wince in pain. 

"Ow ow ow..." I get to the bus stop, when it just starts to rain. Great. Just great.

I sit down on the bench, waiting for the bus to come. Just then I realize... I forgot to bring my purse. And I'm still wearing my pink pajamas.

Can somebody just bang my head to the wall now.

"Are you okay?" I turn to my side, and I see Yongguk, floating in front of me. I turn to my side, "What do you think." He lets out a sigh. 

"Let me see your face." I shake my head, "No." He stares at me, "Your head is bleeding. We need to treat it immediately, you dumbo." He then puts his feet to the ground, sitting on the bench next to me. The rain is pouring harder, and I sigh. The bus is gonna take a while in this weather. 

"Kim Himchan."

I furrow my eyebrow, when suddenly Himchan appears. "Wha- Yongguk, you really should stop that." Yongguk just shrugs, and I stare at the two. "...What did Yongguk do to you?"

Himchan scratches his ear, "Aish... It's just one of his special abilities. He can summon one of us whenever he needs us. Just one of the Soulreapers' basic abilities, since Soulreapers are known as the imperial kind." He said with his finger doing the air-quoting.

I furrow my eyebrow, and Yongguk lets out a sigh. "I told you to stop with the imperial thing. It's not that big of a deal."

I wave my hand, mouthing a whatever, and keep holding the cloth in my hand, so that the blood won't stain my clothes. I feel slightly dizzy though... And sleepy...

Yongguk stares at me, "Crap, Himchan. Help her!" Himchan looks flustered as he stares at me, like he just noticed my broken, bleeding nose and my head. "Whoa- What the hell happened to you!"

Himchan cups my face with both his hands, and there it is again... The warmth I felt yesterday when he fixed up my knee. It feels... Nice. I slowly close my eyes, feeling the warmth radiating from Himchan's hands.

The last thing I heard was Yongguk screaming for my name and Himchan focusing on me trying to fix me.

---

Bang Yongguk:

"Mirae! Na Mirae! Yah!" I put a hand on her back, trying to hold her so that she won't fall. Her face has no color, it's pale... Just like the rest of us. I stare at Himchan, and Himchan shakes his head. "She lost a lot of blood. She needs blood transfusion. I'll try if she can take some of my aura."

Himchan then slowly releases his aura, "Let's see if my aura had any effects on her blood system. If it does, the blood system should be producing more blood vessels inside her body."

He shakes his head, "Dammit, what the hell happened to her! What did you do, Bang Yongguk?" I let out a groan, "It's not me. Daehyun pulled out a prank on her and this happened."

He lets out a sigh of frustration, "Dammit, I need to teach him a lesson..." I wave my hand, "No need, he's being punished right now as we speak. Just focus on healing her."

He nods, and focuses himself on Mirae.

---

Choi Junhong:

"Daehyun-hyung~" I transform myself into a giant lizard - well, a lizard with the size of Choi Junhong, and stares at Daehyun, who is currently shrieking and screaming in fear. 

Jongup is just beside me, trying to keep the earth cuffs he made to keep Daehyun's wrists and feet stay on the concrete wall. "I'm sorry, Daehyun-hyung~ if Zelo and I don't do this, we might get it from Yongguk-hyung. He's scary when he's mad." 

Youngjae is... Playing with his cards. He's a Selestia, so he has the power to summon Celestials spirits, although he can only summon the 12 Chinese zodiacs. "Youngjae-hyung, don't you wanna join us?"

"I'm not interested. Besides, I don't see that you guys actually needs help to teach Daehyun a lesson, right?"

Daehyun is still screaming, "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU FREAKS!" He's trying to use his power against us, but Youngjae summons one of his spirits, the Dragon, to envelope us and protect us from any attack - it has the power to defend ourselves from a spirit that is trying to use their powers against us.

"Sorry, Dae. You can't use Seducia, Dragon's defense will never break." He lets out a groan in frustration, and I decided that I should transform into something else. 

I transform into a giant cockroach.

Jongup stares at me, "Eew, can't you transform into something... Less smelly?" I let out a laugh, "But he's scared of cockroaches."

I jump to Daehyun's body and he's screaming and before we know it, he passes out.

I transform back to my own body, "...Whoa." I turn to Youngjae and Jongup, and Jongup releases him from the earth cuffs. 

"Well, guess that's it, he learned his lessons." Youngjae flips his card, and Dragon disappears, and he shrugs, "You guys should put him to bed. We're spirits, but it's still not very nice to leave him unconscious on the floor."

We both nod and carries him back to Mirae's room and lay him down on her bed. Well, I hope that she won't mind Daehyun resting here. I stare at Daehyun's face, and there's blood. He was crying. 

"...I think we went too far." Jongup scratches his head, "...Yeah, we should apologize later when he wakes up."

---

Na Mirae:

I open my eyes, and I see leaves... Wait, where am I?

I try to get up, but got held down by a hand. "Just lie down." I furrow my eyebrow as I try to make out who is it, and my eyes widen. It's Bang Yongguk.

"Yongguk-ssi? Where are we?" He stares at me, "Himchan's Therapedic Bubble." I raise my eyebrow, "Bubble?" He nods. 

"Yeah... It heals you - physically and mentally. Can you feel it? The warmth surrounding you?" I close my eyes, forgetting the fact that I'm actually resting my head on Yongguk's lap, and I... I can feel it. 

I can hear birds chirping, wind blowing, the warmth... It's calming. 

I hear Yongguk chuckles, "See? Your nose is healed, by the way." My hand make its way to my nose-bridge, and he's right... It's not broken anymore. It's not bleeding anymore too.

"Wha- Where's Himchan-ssi? I need to thank him." He shakes his head, "You can't disturb him right now. You lost a lot of blood, so he was giving his best to save you." He runs his hand to his hair, "...I can't believe a single prank almost lead you to your death."

My eyes pop out. "Death?" He stares at me, "Yeah, you should've asked the others to call Himchan when you were injured. You were losing blood, and you walked all the way from your house to the bus stop, which is like what - a 40-minutes walk? It was raining heavily and the wind was blowing heavily as well, you didn't even take an umbrella with you. And not to mention that you weren't even stopping the blood flow."

My mouth gape in shock. "...So I was dying?" He nods reluctantly, "...Yeah. Thank God that Himchan was able to save you, although he's currently resting."

So I was dying, and I was saved by a ghost?

He sighs, "I can't believe it either. But you're our host - we have to keep you safe. Himchan's okay though."

He leans his head on the tree, "We're ghosts, Spirits. Whatever. But we can be exhausted too." I close my eyes, "...I'm sorry." I can hear him sigh, "It's okay. Just... Don't be stupid next time, okay?"

I nod. He's right. I should think before I act.

"So... Did you get any idea on how you can 'transform' to angels?" I ask him, changing the topic. He sighs, shaking his head. "I swear, it's like He's trolling with me. I went to the library and read a few books, trying to find the answers but I couldn't find any. I even read the Holy Bible - the whole book, and I still haven't got the answers to it yet."

"You went to the library? But-" He shrugs, "Yeah, maybe there was a few people who freaked out and ran away because they saw a flying book. Whatever." I roll my eyes, and I hear him let out a chuckle.

I bite my lip, "...What does an angel do anyway?" He stares at me, before putting on his thinking cap. "... Wait, what do they do anyway?" I grin, "Well, if you can find out what they do, then I'm pretty sure you'll find the answers to it! I'm sure angels don't just sing or play trumpets or stuff, I'm sure they have important roles too, right?"

He nods, a small smile breaking to his lips. "You're right. Thanks, Mirae." I nod, closing my eyes back and drift off to sleep.

---

Yoo Youngjae:

"Youngjae-hyung..." Jongup and Zelo are staring at me, and I keep my eyes on the cards. "What is it?" 

"...It's Daehyun-hyung, he's in the underworld again." I sigh, getting up. "...Is he-" Zelo nods, confirming my thoughts. I shake my head, that guy is always like this whenever he's angry. He always throws a tantrum. 

"I'll get him back. You two wait here until either Yongguk-hyung or Himchan-hyung returns, okay? If you two disobey, I'll report to Yongguk-hyung." They rapidly nod. I grab my cards and put it on my pocket and go to the underworld.

 

Jung Daehyun:

"I hate those guys." I lie down, near the skeleton grave, staring at the huge skeletons in front of me. Just ahead is the Hell's gate. Well, I'm definitely not getting near there.

The large skeletons really look like a cage.

I lean my back against the large skeleton, staring into the red sky. I wonder how's Mirae doing...

I'm pretty sure she's fine though... I mean, Yongguk is with her. Yongguk was pretty freaked out when he found out that Mirae was injured, and she stormed off alone. I should've stopped laughing and helped her. I sigh. Yongguk's words still ring inside my mind.

What the hell were you thinking? Even though we're spirits and she's a human, she's still our host. I swear if anything happens to Mirae, just anything, I'll skin you off and send you to Hell personally, do you hear me Jung Daehyun?

I shiver, remembering the words. Oh God, Mirae please be okay. I stare at the red sky and those black clouds, letting out a breath.

It's been three years, but seeing the blood red sky and those black clouds is always... Something. 

"What are you doing?" I turn around and I see a minor spirit with a shape of a small monster. I sigh, "I'm not really in the mood to play with you. Now get lost before I shred you to pieces."

The spirit laughs. "Oh really? You don't even have as much aura as I do, you little sh-t. Now... Maybe it's time for me to have some fun." 

I stare at it, before unleashing my Seducia at it. Its red eyes are slowly turning into a blank, emotionless expression. I smirk. I try to see what he's thinking, but apparently it doesn't have any brain inside that head. I sigh.

"Now listen carefully. You're gonna go there-" I point to the Hell's gate, "-and rip your head off and let the demon dogs eat you until you're scraped into pieces. Go."

The minor spirit starts walking away limply, as if it's hypnotized. I sigh, staring at the little monster's back as it walks away to the Hell's gate.

"That's not very nice." I turn around, and I see Youngjae. Not very much the person that I wanna see right now. "What the f-ck are you doing here."

He raises his eyebrow, then sits down on the dry, infertile land beside me. "To get you back of course. What if you got trouble when you're here? You know that the spirits living in the underworld is not all nice."

I sigh. "I know. I just need somewhere to cool off." He pats my shoulder, "Come on, let's go back." I turn to him, "Mirae-ssi... Is she-"

"She's fine, don't worry about her. She's with Yongguk-hyung in Himchan-hyung's Therapedic Bubble. Although, you did almost kill her." 

My eyes widen. "Kill? What the hell are you talking about?" He stares at me, "Well, after she ran off with her nose broken and bleeding, she walked to the bus stop, which is like 45-minutes walk from the house, and I think she was just too pissed off that she forgot to even try and stop the blood flow coming out of her nose and her head. Yongguk-hyung found her sitting on the bus stop bench when she passed out because she lost too much blood. She's okay now though."

I bury my face in my hands, "...So I almost killed her?" He sighs, "You didn't have the intention to even kill her, it was just a prank. Just make sure you apologized to her. I'm pretty sure she'll be okay with it."

---

Na Mirae:

"Himchan-ssi." Himchan is laying down on the mattress he laid out on the floor next to my bed, "What is it?" I turn to face him, "Can we stay at your therapy ball again?"

He sighs, "It's called Therapedic Bubble, and no. I'm too tired. Look at this!" He points to his eyes, "I have eye-bags! A beauty like me doesn't deserve this."

I sigh, staring at him. Beauty. Psssh.

"You do remember that I can read your mind right?"

"Sorry Himchan-ssi."

He gets up, pouting. "When will you call me oppa?" I stick my tongue at him, "Never." He sighs, throwing his body back to the mattress. "Go back to bed. Rest a lot. Tomorrow's Monday, you do have lots of things to do on a Monday right?"

I sigh. "I have the concert rehearsals tomorrow, and I have a shift on Chow Mien too." He laughs, "Come on, fighting! You can do it!" I smile.

I stare at him, "...I honestly don't understand." He furrows his eyebrows, "What do you mean?" I wave my hand, "You. Jongup and Zelo. The others too. I don't get how people like you guys died in a gang fight. You guys don't seem like the types who would be in a gang in the first place."

He stares at the ceiling, "...It was 3 years ago. While we did stop aging, we never actually stop maturing." He sighs, "What we did was wrong, and there's nothing we can do about it. Now, we have 299 days left to figure out how exactly are we gonna turn from underworlders to angels and to actually let ourselves go and rest in peace."

He stares at me, as if he knows whatever I was feeling or thinking inside. ...Well of course, he's a mind-reader.

He smiles weakly at me, "...Don't feel bad for us. That just makes us feel a lot worse. Just... Help us, okay?" He puts his cold hand on my hand, and I nod. 

"...I'll help you guys." He smiles at me, gripping my hand tighter before mouthing the words that pulls a smile to my face. 

"Thank you."

 

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Vote, Comment and Share please! ♡ it's just a button but it means a lot to me! It tells me that there are people who are actually liking this story!