Transform? What Are You, Optimus Prime?

From Ghosts To Angels

Chapter Two

 

Na Mirae:

"Crap! I'm late again!" Daehyun and Youngjae disappeared after I finish my grocery shopping, and I quickly get changed when suddenly I feel a soft breeze on my neck, making me shudder.

"Hello~" I hear Zelo's voice, and I scream, trying to cover my body and I stare at him. He has his back turned to me. "Choi Junhong! What are you doing!"

He covers his eyes with his hands, "Are you done changing?" I roll my eyes, "I'm done."

He uncovers his eyes, and stares at me smiling. He reminds me of a little kid, actually... Then I stare into his eyes, and he gets nervous and starts blinking rapidly, making me smile.

He just has to be the cutest ghost ever.

"I'm not cute! I'm cool like hiphop!" I nod, smiling. "Sure you are, Junhongie." I tried ruffling his hair, but I forgot that I can't touch him... I sigh.

"Can I show you something?" I stare at him, and nod. He grabs my hand softly, and puts my hand on top of his hair, then he lets go of my hand.

I can touch his hair.

"Whoa." I ruffle his already-messy grey hair, and he smiles at me. Then I just remember that I have a job.

"Oh crap I forgot! I'm late for my shift!" Zelo seems confused, "What shift?" I scratch my head, "My job! Oh God, Zelo, I'm going now okay? Be a good boy and don't prank anyone, okay?"

He nods, "Okay noona~ Wait, can I call you noona?" I smile, "Of course you can. I'm going now, okay?"

"Bye noona~"

I run to Chow Mien as fast as I could, and I let out a low chuckle. Yeah, Zelo is a cute boy. He can call me noona. Only Zelo can call me noona. Because he's cuter than me.

 


 

"Yah! Na Mirae! You're late ag- Wait, you're not late." Jaehyo is staring at the clock, and it says 6:56PM. I'm 4 minutes early.

that, Ahn Jaehyo!

"...Okay so, I'm gonna get changed now..." Jaehyo seems to be a bit confused, and I just leave him there. Yukwon and P.O are inside the changing to their waiter uniforms.

"Whoa, are we all late?" I glare at P.O, who's now laughing his off. "It's a rare occasion that Na Mirae is not late to her part-time job!" I slap P.O's arm, "I can be on-time!"

They both laugh and leave the changing room to start, and I quickly get changed before Jaehyo screams again.

"Na Mirae!"

See? Speak of the devil.

"Coming!"

I rush out and start listing out orders, when I see a group of drunk old men. I sigh. I turn around to see if Yukwon or P.O can switch tables with me, but I see they're all tending their own tables.

...That leaves me no choice.

I slowly make my way to the table, "Welcome to Chow Mien. How may I help you today?" A fat ugly ahjussi is staring at me, making me uncomfortable. "Waah~ you're so cute~ Can I have you?"

Stay calm Mirae. Stay calm... "I'm sorry sir, but I'm not for sale. Perhaps a bowl of noodles?" The man starts touching my shoulder.

"We all would like to have the Original Beef Noodles please~" I nod, turning around when I feel a slap on my .

That's it! I turn around to give him a good slap, when suddenly their table is shaking.

Wait, what's happening.

Their drinks start spilling everywhere, and I look at the surroundings, the others doesn't seem to notice this. Like nothing's happening, like we're in different worlds.

"W-What's going on!" The drunk ahjussis start squirming, "I-I can't get up! What's happening!" Then I hear faint giggles. There's 2 people.

...I know those voices.

"Why is the temperature suddenly drop like this! It's freezing-"

"Som-Something's touching my legs!"

One of the ahjussi lifts up the table cloth, and we all see a boy, around 8 years old. He doesn't wear any clothes, and his body is pale white.

...He looks a hell lot like the ghost kid in the Japanese movie Ju-On.

"Ahjussi... What did you do to my noona..." The boy starts scratching his own legs, staring at the ahjussis before his own eyes starts to bleed.

"You will pay for what you did to my noona..."

Then just like that, the old drunk erts starts running away from the store, screaming ghosts and stuff. Jaehyo furrows his eyebrows, "What did you do, Na Mirae-ssi." I stare at Jaehyo, "I didn't do anything!"

I turn back to see the Ju-On ghost boy, but the boy is gone. Instead I see Jongup and Zelo laughing so hard underneath the table, trying to crawl out.

I should've known.

I sigh, cleaning up the mess the ahjussis did, and I see Jongup and Zelo staring at me. "...Were we wrong?" I stare at them.

What you guys just did was wrong... But I appreciate it. Thanks, you two.

Jongup and Zelo stares at me, before smiling sheepishly. I let out a soft chuckle, boys.

 


 

"Thanks for today!" Jaehyo waves his hand, going upstairs to his room. We all go to the changing room and get changed. Minhyuk approaches me, "Hey."

I turn to him, "Hey. Oh yeah, thanks for taking me home last night, oppa." He furrows his eyebrow, "...But I didn't take you home last night."

Say what now.

"...Yes you did." Minhyuk raises his eyebrows, shaking his head, "...No I didn't. Remember you tell me that I should just drop you by the park near your place?"

Wait a minute...

---

We're walking and slowly reaching the park. I turn to Minhyuk, "I think I'm good from here." Minhyuk scratches his ear, "No, it's okay... Let me walk you back to your house."

I smile at him, "I think you're kinda busy at the moment. You've been declining calls ever since we got out of the restaurant." He bites his lower lip, and I nudge his arm, wriggling my eyebrows. "Who is it?"

He flicks my forehead, "It's my mom." I stare at him, "Then you go answer her call and go to her place! See what's wrong with her!" He smiles, ruffling my hair. "Okay then, I'm off! Be safe okay? See you tomorrow!"

He turns around and wave me goodbye. I smile, waving my hand at him before turning around and walk to the park.

---

"Wait... You didn't take me home last night." He stares at me, putting a hand on my shoulder, "Are you okay, Mirae?" I stare at him, nodding my head slowly. "...Yeah, I'm okay."

The last thing I remember last night was passing out at the park because of the silver bunny emblem... But then- Who took me home last night?

Then suddenly a name clicked inside my head.

Bang Yongguk. I should've known.

Suddenly I feel a cold breeze past through me, and I look around. Minhyuk seems to be confused too, and I notice that the others are gone, except Yukwon and Minhyuk who are currently staring at me, confused.

"Mirae-yah... Are you okay?" Yukwon puts his hand on my forehead, staring at me. I look around, I know that at least one of them are here.

Yah! What are you guys planning to do now!

I hear a chuckle, "It's nothing. I'm just here to see that you get home safely." I turn my body to Yukwon's direction, and just beside him, it's Kim Himchan.

I shake my head, "N-Nothing, Yukwon-oppa... So I should probably get going now. Minhyuk-oppa, Yukwon-oppa, I'll see you guys tomorrow, okay?" I grab my bag and walk out the restaurant through the back door and start walking home.

With Kim Himchan floating behind me.

"Y-Ya-Yah! Wait up!" Himchan rushes towards me, and I scoff. "Thanks to you now those two must think that I'm nuts." He shrugs, "Don't mind them. You are nuts, Na Mirae. Never forget that."

I glare at him, trying to slap his arm but ended up passing through him. He smirks at me, "Ain't gonna happen, bro."

"Himchan-hyung, she's a girl." Jongup suddenly appears beside Himchan, making me startle.

Dammit, I'm never gonna get used to this.

Jongup smiles sheepishly at me, "Sorry... Did I surprise you?" I shake my head, "No, it's fine." He smiles at me, floating next to me, "So how's work today?"

I can see him trying to contain his laughters, and I stick out my hand to him. "Can we walk hand-in-hand together?" Jongup smiles, and takes my hand. Himchan floats next to me, "I wanna join in too!"

When Himchan takes my hand, I quickly remove my hand from Jongup, giving Himchan the hardest ddakbam he had ever experienced.

"OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!!" Himchan is rubbing his forehead, and I stick my hand to Jongup again, walking hand-in-hand with Jongup, ruffling his hair. "And you- you're still asking about how my work went off today? But nice stunt on the Ju-On ghost thing. That's really something."

Jongup laughs, "The boy was Zelo. It's one of Zelo's abilities. He's an Imitatia - a kind of ghost that can imitate almost anything. I furrow my eyebrow, "I didn't know that ghosts have types."

Himchan drapes his arm around my shoulder, "We do. It's to extinguish our different abilities." Jongup stares at me, "Mine is Elementatia. Well, as the name says, I can play around with elements. Like this-"

He twirls his hand and the surroundings start to feel a bit cold... And I notice some small white stuff are falling from the sky.

Snowflakes.

Then I hear a snap of finger, and the snow stop falling. I stare at Jongup, wide-eyed. He's just smiling shyly, making me chuckle.

"So that explains why the ahjussis were feeling 0 degrees freezing cold earlier." Jongup nods, "Yep."

Himchan raises his eyebrow, "...What did you and Zelo do this time." Jongup lets out a whistle, "Nothing..." Himchan sighs, "Well, mine is Healogeum. I can heal stuffs, like this-"

He violently push me to the ground, making me startle and fall, "Ow! What was that for!" I try to get up, and I see that my knee is bleeding. I glare at him. "What was that for!!"

His cold hand makes contact with my wounded knee, making me wince. Then... I feel warmth, radiating from his hands. When he pulls his hand away, my wound is gone. As if the wound never actually existed.

"Whoa." I stare at my now-healed knee.

"That's pretty awesome." Himchan scratches his head, "Yeah... Well I want to demonstrate my powers to you. Sorry."

Jongup smiles, "You think so? That it's awesome?" I nod, "So what are the others' types? Yongguk, Daehyun and Youngjae?"

"Daehyun is a Seducia, he can seduce people to do everything he wants them to do, including humans. He can enter human's minds and control them. Youngjae is an Selestia, he can summon... Creatures. He calls them Celestial Spirits, from the 12 Chinese Zodiacs. It's pretty cool, if you ask me. While Yongguk..."

Himchan seems a bit nervous when talking about Yongguk's type, but he just shrug it off. "Yongguk is a... Soulreaper." I furrow my eyebrow, "What's that?"

"Soulreapers... They are the assassins of the underworld. Well, seeing that we are ghosts - we are underworldersSoulreapers kills off dangerous spirits, collect their energy to make themselves stronger."

I nod, "Okay... So to sum everything up... Yongguk is a Soulreaper. You are a Healogeum. Daehyun is a Seducia. Youngjae is an Selestia. Jongup is an Elementatia. Zelo is an Imitatia. Am I correct?" Jongup nods, "That's correct!"

"So Daehyun is like a wh-re?" Himchan gasps, "You know it, baby." I nod my head, "Okay. I get it now."

Wh- Wait a minute. Why am I learning about them anyway? I have no interests in Ghostalogy. Himchan raises his eyebrows, "Isn't it called Spiritology?" i wave his hand, "Whatever."

So six guys, died on the same day, at the same place, and they turned out to be different types of spirits?

Himchan sighs, "Believe it or not, it's true." I glare at him, "Stop reading my mind." Himchan sticks his tongue out, "And why should I?"

I groan, pulling Jongup along. "Let's just leave him, Jonguppie." Himchan laughs, and he apparates. "Jongup-ah, take care of her okay! I'll see you two at home!"

Home? Whose home?

"Wait, did you guys find a home already?" Jongup furrows his eyebrows, "What are you saying? We're living with you." My jaw falls.

"What!" Jongup stares at me, pouting slightly. "Well... We're not exactly human beings, and not to mention that we can't rent out our own place... We have nowhere else to go, Mirae-noona..."

I stare at him, "Wait, are you even younger than me?" He puts his thinking cap on, "Well I was born on February 6, 1995..." Oh crap, I forgot. He is younger than me.

"Well, I'm December 3, 1992. ...Guess I'm a noona then." He smiles, still clutching to my hand. I sigh, "Well... Maybe you and Zelo can stay. I mean, you two are cute."

"Bu-But! We're not cute! We're cool!" I laugh, ruffling his hair. Turns out, as long as the ghost starts touching me first, I can touch the ghost back. When the ghost stops touching me, I can no longer touch them.

I have finally learned the tricks to punish those stupid spirits.

Jongup pouts at me, "...Am I stupid?" I stare at him, poking his cheek. "Of course not, are you crazy? You and Zelo are the smartest ones out of all the 6. The other 4 are stupid." He flashes a smile at me, "Really?" I nod.

We're reaching the park, and I see Jongup's expression changes. He looks... Sad.

I wonder how did it happen. How they all died.

"We all died there three years ago. Zelo and I weren't even a part of their gang yet, we just liked to hang out with them - and that's what we did that day. Drinking beers, Zelo and I were drinking Cola though. Talking and laughing. But then... Yeah. We never thought that-"

I grip his hand tighter, "...It's okay if you want to let it all out. I'll listen." Jongup stares at me, "...It was 3 days before my birthday. After I died, Mom and Dad... And my older brother too, they were devastated. Every year, I would go back and visit the house, even though it's filled with the gloomy atmosphere, it just... Feels like home."

Jongup tugs my hand and we sit down on the bench where they were killed... He sighs, leaning his body against the bench, staring at the sky.

"Every year, Mom would be crying her eyes out, blaming herself for what happened to me. Dad would be drinking alcohol, so that he won't feel the pain. My older brother, every year on my death anniversary, he would always lock himself up in my old room for a whole day - not eating, going out, nothing - he would lock himself up in my room and sit on my bed."

Jongup smiles weakly at me, "...I'm a bad son, right?" I shake my head, "No, you were young. You and Zelo. People make mistakes, and the consequences for each mistakes made are different. You just have to... Live with it."

"Live with it? But I'm dead." I slap his forehead, and Jongup laughs. "Just kidding. I get what you meant. Thanks, Mirae-noona." I smile, gripping his cold hand tighter.

He stares at our intertwined hands, "Let me try something." He focuses of our hand when I slowly feel... Warmth.

His hand is warm.

Jongup smiles, "Elementatia, remember?" I smile, shaking my head.

He sighs, "I don't have any regret when Himchan-hyung called me and I agreed when he asked for help that day. Even though I kinda feel bad for my family... I just want them to let me go and to finally live happily."

He stares into the sky, "...I just want my family to stop torturing themselves because of me."

 


 

"Where have you guys been?" Yongguk is sitting on the couch, watching the TV. Daehyun and Youngjae are cooking in the kitchen, Himchan is reading a book by the couch, while Zelo is eating cherry tomatoes.

...Geez, they make themselves feel like home already?

Yongguk turns to me, "Well, of course. This is our home now." He stares at my hand intertwined with Jongup's, and he doesn't look very happy.

He points at our hands, "What the f-ck is that?" I furrow my eyebrow, "What? We were just holding hands. Is that a crime?" He growl, "Yah, Moon Jongup. Did you tell her that-"

I cut him off, "Yah, Bang Yongguk-ssi. He didn't tell me anything. I found out by myself." He furrows his eyebrow, while Jongup slowly let our hands go.

"How?" I shrug, "Well, apparently I'm learning fast with all of this. I wouldn't be able to do major damage to you guys even if I found out about it anyway. I'm just a human girl, aren't I?"

Yongguk scoffs, "Whatever." Daehyun stares at me, before turning around and going back to whatever they're cooking. I slump myself to the couch, next to Yongguk.

"I thought I told you guys to leave."

Yongguk sighs, "Look, we can't-" I raise my hand, cutting him off again, "You can stay here for a week."

He raises his eyebrow, and lets out a sigh. "Well, that won't do." I stare at him, "Why?"

"Because I went back to the Heaven's Gate earlier, and I... Well, let's say God and I just made a deal."

...What.

"...A deal?" Okay, this is just something. He nods, "Well, he told me that all of us can go inside Heaven only if... We transform."

I raise my eyebrow, "Transform? What are you- ghosts or Optimus Prime?" He glares at me, and I raise my hands, "Okay okay, geez. Proceed. What did He wants you to transform to?"

He lets out a sigh, "He wants us to transform... From ghosts to angels."

Say what.

"What."

Geez, nice going Mirae.

"...And we only have 300 days to do it."

What.

"What."

Yongguk stares at me, "You know, since we can read your mind..." I shake my head, slapping his shoulder. But of course, I just remembered that I can't touch him.

I sigh, "...So I should help you guys?" Himchan pulls my hair softly, "Of course you will man!"

"Himchan-hyung, she's a girl."

"Shut up Pokéboy."

I wave my hand, turning back to Yongguk. He raises his eyebrow, "Of course you're helping, why are you even asking that?" My eyes widen.

"What! But what can a mere human even do!" I raise my hands to the air, exaggerating my actions. Yongguk pulls my hands down, then I just keep holding onto his cold hand.

"Gotcha."

He stares at me, before I give him a slap on the shoulder. He keeps staring at me. "That's for earlier." Then I slap him again, "That's for scaring me." I slap him again, "That's for breaking into my house." I slap him again, "That's for-"

He grabs my hand to stop me from hitting him, and put it away slowly, "Okay okay I get it! I'm sorry." He lets out a low chuckle, still holding my hand, then I smell something nice. Youngjae walks out with a pot and Daehyun holds out rice bowls, plates, chopsticks and spoons.

"Dinner!" I look at the clock, and it's 11:30PM. "...Isn't it too late for dinner?" Zelo smiles, sitting down on the floor, "We waited for you so that we can have dinner together!"

I stare at the guys, "...What."

Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo are smiling at me, while Yongguk is hiding his face.

...I can't help but curl my lips to a smile. They all gather around the table, and I sit down between Zelo and Yongguk.

They were talking and chatting, joke around as they eat their dinner.

It's been a while since I feel this - the feeling of not being alone.

Yongguk stares at me, and he flashes a small smile at me, before turning back to his rice bowl. I smile, eating my dinner. Daehyun and Youngjae's cooking are okay.

"Wha- It's awesome! My cooking is not just okay!" Daehyun glares at me, and we all laugh.

Yeah, it's definitely the feeling that I've been missing of.