Prologue

From Ghosts To Angels

(Quick A/N: This story involves God and the seven archangels in Catholic and Christian beliefs, and this story is purely made up of my own imagination)

_________________________

 

Prologue

 

"Hey! Get back here!" I run after the guy who just freaking robbed my wallet, and I am BEYOND pissed right now. He has no idea that he's messing with a black-belt in jujitsu.

Okay, I just made that up. I'm a ball of fat.

He keeps on running, and I see a chance! I tackle him to the ground, locking his neck with my arms, "Give me back my wallet before I crush your face with my fist!"

People starts to gather, and he pushes me away and run, leaving my wallet on the ground. Not long after, he got caught by the locals nearby. I scoff, cleaning myself and grab my wallet from the ground. I look inside the wallet — everything's still there. I sigh in relief.

Well, let me introduce myself... My name is Na Mirae, a 20-year old Korean female originated from Busan. When I was 10 I moved to Seoul with my parents, and when I turn 11 they died in a car crash. I ended up in a foster home, and I ran away at the age of 15. I have no family left.

I'm in a musical orchestra, as the leading violinist. My goal is to go to the holy land of orchestra music - Vienna, and study music there and become one of the best violinists in the world as my parents expected me to do.

...Well, it is a big goal, considering that I barely have money to go to Jejudo, let alone Vienna, in Austria.

I look at the watch on my wrist, "Oh crap! I'm late for work!" I shot a death glare at the robber, "Geez! Thanks to you I'm late for my work!" I stomp my feet away, starting to run as fast as I could to work.

Crap, Jaehyo will bite my head off again today. 

 

—-

 

"Na Mirae-ssi! You're late again!" Jaehyo screams at me, making me wince. "...Sorry, Jaehyo-ssi, I'll get to work now!" I run to the back to change to my work uniform, and I hear a chuckle from my right side.

"Why are you always late, Na Mirae?" I sigh, "A guy almost rob my wallet today!" He laughs, "Really?" I pout, "Don't you believe me, Yukwon-oppa? I'm telling the truth!" The guy laughs, and I can't help but to curl my lips up to a smile. Yukwon's smile is contagious, you have to see him smile and I guarantee you, you'll feel like you have to smile back at him.

Actually Yukwon and I are the same age, but I'm used to calling him oppa, and besides, he's older than me by a few months too. His birthday is on April 9, 1992 while mine is December 3, 1992.

"Na Mirae-ssi! Hurry up and get to work!!" Jaehyo's voice rings through the changing room, making Yukwon and I cringe in pain. I glance at Yukwon, "Are you done with your shift?" He nods, "Yep, got a date with Jaein today. She would kill me if I blow her off again." I laugh, "Okay then, see ya!"

I walk back to the restaurant, and start filling orders. I grab the menus, and start working. "Welcome to Chow Mien! How may I help you today?"

 

—-

 

"Finally we're done..." P.O is filling the last order, and I pass the orders I have to chef of the restaurant, Lee Minhyuk, or as he insisted, B-Bomb.

Actually I prefer Minhyukkie, so I decided to ignore him continuing to pester me to call him B-Bomb instead of Minhyuk, but I just shrug him off. Minhyuk is a nice name.

"Minhyukkie-oppa~ last order!" He glares at me, "I thought I told you to call me B-Bomb..." I stick my tongue out at him, "Come on, let's finish this last order and close up."

Jaehyo is resting upstairs in his room, well seeing that Chow Mien is his restaurant... So I'm not complaining. Besides, he doesn't have a very good health in the first place. He gets tired really easily.

I grab the dirty dishes and take them to the kitchen, where Zico and Kyung is doing the dishes. "Are these the last ones?" I shake my head, "Nope, Minhyuk-oppa is cooking the last order." I stretch my arm, "We're almost done~"

Well so... Let me explain. Those guys are the people I work with, and I'm working part-time at this Chinese restaurant near my house, called Chow Mien. The owner is Ahn Jaehyo, as you can see, the guy who's been screaming at me for the past few hours driving me insane.

Yukwon, P.O and I are the waiters and waitress for the restaurant, while Minhyuk and Taeil are the chefs. Zico and Kyung are the dishwashers, although they sometimes cook too, and I must say their cooking is amazing. No kidding.

"Order up!" P.O grabs the last order and finish the job, and I stretch my arm, "Finally we're done!" I look at the clock, it's 11:37PM. I sigh. I have to get up at 6 tomorrow for the charity concert.

I help Zico and Kyung clean up, and walk to the changing room to get changed. Being the only female waiter doesn't really bother me, seeing that these guys aren't even s to begin with.

"Mirae-yah, do you want me to walk you home? It's getting late, and I heard some bad rumors going around in here." Minhyuk is removing his apron, changing to his usual black long-sleeve sweater and jeans. I shook my head, "Nah, it's okay oppa. I live nearby, I should be okay."

"Waah~ we're finally done!" Zico and Kyung comes in, followed by P.O and Taeil. I turn to P.O, "Jihoon-oppa, did you finish cleaning up the last order?" He gives me a thumbs up, "All done. And just call me P.O, it's easier than Jihoon." I nod, "Okay okay, P.O-oppa."

Actually P.O is a year younger than me, but when I first saw him I thought that he was older than me, and I ended up calling him oppa for almost 3 months, and when we found out that he's actually a year younger, we decided to stick what we usually call each other because he thinks that I look younger than him and it would be weird if he calls me noona instead. That's why I call him oppa.

"Yah! I told you countless times to call me B-Bomb but you never call me that!" Minhyuk glares, making the others laugh.

"Hyung, we'll get going now. See you guys later!" Zico and Kyung wave at Minhyuk and Taeil, and do fist-bump with P.O and Zico ruffles my hair and Kyung gives me a pat on the head before taking off.

"Aish those guys..." I look in the mirror and quickly fix my hair. I see Taeil grabs his bag, "Well, I'm off too! See you tomorrow!" Taeil gives me a pinch on the cheeks, "Good luck for the charity concert tomorrow! Sorry I couldn't be there." I nod, "It's okay Taeil-oppa, there will be a next time."

P.O cups my cheeks, "Good luck for tomorrow!" and moves them around making my face looking like a blowfish. ...I think.

"P.O-oppa!" He laughs, his caveman voice echoing inside the room. "Well, I'm off too! Hyung, walk her home okay? You know, the rumors..." Then P.O left.

"Aish those guys..." Minhyuk laughs, closing his locker door. "Come on, you ready?" I get changed with Minhyuk inside the room, but being the gentleman he is, he turns his body around so he can't see.

He's just so cute.

"Okay, I'm all set!" I change back to my white sweater and black jeggings, and grab my bag and we lock up the restaurant.

"You know, you don't have to walk me home, oppa." He chuckles, "Of course I do. What kind of man would I be if I leave you to walk home all by yourself at this hour?" He ruffles my hair, then shoving his hands to his pockets.

We walk to a park. Well, it's more of a shortcut to my house. It's pretty creepy at night though... The lights are dim and there are cricket sound. Not to mention it's windy tonight.

Then we see a bench ahead, and a past event suddenly rings inside my head. ...Somebody died here. Well, 6 guys died here, around 3 years ago. I heard it was from a gang fight gone bad, it was scary. From what I saw on the news, there was blood splattering everywhere, it was a freaking bloodbath. Ever since that incident, nobody ever comes to this park anymore. Not even the people who were supposed to come and tend the park. I mean, there's still a few patches of blood on that bench. Who wouldn't get freaked out?

Now this park is pretty much abandoned. The plants are left untended, the fallen leaves are covering most of the path. No one, not even homeless people or gang people hang out here. They say they've seen a few... Strange incidents happen here.

Right on that bench. Where the 6 males were killed.

I heard about this one housewife who used to live in the neighborhood. She was walking back to her house from her grocery shopping, where she suddenly hears faint laughs of boys. Then I don't know if this is true or not... But I heard that she told people that it starts snowing in this park.

And it was summer.

Then she saw a young boy standing in front of her, and she just freaked out and ran away.

There's also a few other incidents like that, like this incident that happened to a group of high-school students who used to hang out here. One of their friends suddenly acted weird... As if he's possessed. He attacked one of their friends, but his friends said that his eyes changed color... He has a black gleamy eyes, but somehow his eyes turned red at that time.

It's pretty creepy, but I've been using this park as a shortcut ever since I lived on the area. Besides, if I didn't take the shortcut, it would took twice the time.

As we walk past the bench, I see something shiny coming from the bench. I get curious, so I pick it up. "What is it, Mirae-yah?" I shake my head, "It's nothing, oppa."

It's a pin. A silver pin with a shape of a bunny with a mask.

Then suddenly I feel a surge of energy - a really dark energy - flowing through to me.

I screamed.

 

Unknown:

"Did she just-" I nod, "Yep." I stare at the girl, who is now unconscious because of the flow of our energies to her.

Na Mirae...

Well, this is gonna be interesting...

"Okay guys, you know what to do now."

 

—-

 

Na Mirae:

I wake up to the sound of the birds chirping in my window. I groan, "...What the hell happened..." I look at my wrist, it's 4AM. I sigh, getting up and get ready for the charity concert.

"Oh good, you're awake."

I look to my side, and I see a tall guy with black hair. A really attractive tall guy with black hair, to be exact. He's wearing a school uniform... I frown, "Who the hell are you... And what the hell are you doing inside my freaking house?"

I feel blood boiling inside me, and I glare at the unknown intruder who's currently trespassing my home. I try to lock him by the neck, but it failed.

Because I couldn't touch him. My fist went past through his body.

"Wh-What..."

He smirks, "Well, I'll introduce myself. Guys."

Then 5 guys in school uniforms suddenly appear inside my room. My eyes widen. I can't find my voice, like I lost it. I can't let out a scream.

"My name is Bang Yongguk, supposed to be 23 this year, I died 3 years ago today."