Ghosts Don’t Have To Eat Kimchi, Jung Daehyun

From Ghosts To Angels

(Quick A/N: the conversation bubble in Italics is when Mirae is talking to B.A.P on her mind, you'll understand when you read the story *laughs* anyways, enjoy!)

__________________________

 

Chapter One

 

Na Mirae:

I stare at the 6 guys standing in front of me. I turn on the lights, and I see them - covered in blood. I scream. 

"What the actual f-ck! Your blood are dripping onto the carpet floor!!"

I know, not exactly the kind of scream you usually do. But oh my freaking God in the names of the Okie Dokie Macintosh this is just-

"WHY are you guys covered in blood!? Oh my God, you guys just killed someone, didn't you. Oh God, there's 6 murderers inside my house. I'm gonna be killed, aren't I? I swear, in the name of the almighty Girls' Generation, please spare my life and take whatever you want and just leave!"

"Hyung... Why did we get the weird one?" A guy in mask turns to Yongguk's side, and I glare at him. "Hello? You guys are covered in wounds and blood, I would be WEIRD if I didn't scream."

I groan, covering my body with my blanket, chanting 'This is all just a dream, they're all just weirdoes I created inside my mind' inside my head. 

I hear a chuckle, "Mirae-ssi, this is not a dream." Then I feel a strong wind pulling my blanket off forcefully, the mirror hanging on the wall falls to the ground, making me shriek, and the 6 guys are still standing there, smirking. 

"...So you guys are really... Ghosts?" Yongguk shrugs, "Well, we prefer spirits. We're not actually ghosts... We're... Wandering spirits."

Wandering spirits are ghosts, you dumb*sses. 

I stare at my blanket and my smashed mirror. Wait, there are 6 ghosts inside my room. 6 attractive, good-looking ghosts too, if I may add... Wait. What am I saying. They're ghosts. They're dead. I stare at the floor, groaning as I see the mirror's shattered pieces on the floor.

"Seriously? You guys just HAD to break my mirror like some freaking One Missed Call movie?"

They all shrug. I groan in frustration.

"Just go into the light or something! Haunt somebody else! Go to heaven! Leave me alone!!" I groan, getting up and stomp my feet to the kitchen, preparing my breakfast.

"Ooh~ breakfast. Something we haven't had in a really long time." The masked guy suddenly appears to my side, making me jump in surprise. I turn to him, "Who are you guys and what did I do that you guys HAVE to haunt me of all people! I don't even know you!"

The 6 guys appears again in front of me, but this time there's no blood on them, making me sigh a little in relief. 

"That's why we were about to introduce ourselves but you were screaming like a crazy lunatic." Yongguk stares at me, as if I'm the weird one. 

I sigh. The guy in black spiky hair stares at me, "Kim Himchan. Supposed to be 23 too, and died the same day as Yongguk."

The masked guy with grey hair turns to me, "Jung Daehyun, 19 going to 20, died the same day as those two."

Then there's a guy next to Daehyun, he has a black hair with bangs styled to the upper side, "Yoo Youngjae, will be 20 in a few months, died the same day."

A guy with a really muscular body, with styled brown hair smiles at me, "Hello, I'm Moon Jongup, 19 years old this year. Well I think you can guess when I died..."

Then the really tall guy with the same hair color as Daehyun standing next to Jongup stares at me, before smiling innocently. "Hello, my name is Choi Junhong, but you can call me Zelo! I'm almost 18 years old, and I died the same day as the others."

I stare at them, wow. Just. Wow

They freaking introduced themselves to me as if they're my new roommates. Like nothing major is happening. Can somebody just bang my head to the wall and bleed me to death now. 

"Be careful of what you wished for, little girl. Or you just might get it." I stare at Yongguk, my eyes widen in surprise. "...Wait, how did you guys-" Himchan smirks, "Well... We can sorta hear your mind. So... Yeah. You know what I'm saying."

Wait... So they can read minds? I don't know that ghosts read minds. 

"Well, we do. I mean, we're still able to shift back our appearances to how we looked before we were actually beaten to death, and we've seen other spirits who's not exactly lucky enough as we are."

I nod, trying to comprehend. "Ooh, okay."

Wait a minute. Why am I trying to comprehend all of this.

"Wait a minute... I thought I told you guys to leave me alone!" Yongguk sighs, "Look here, we can't. We do want to leave you, believe it or not. You're turning out way too noisy for our liking."

I stare at Yongguk, "Then why can't you?" Youngjae scratches his head, "Well, you see. You picked up our gang emblem back at the bench where we died. Our spirits were locked inside that emblem, and we couldn't go anywhere else but stay at the park, and you just so happened to release us by picking it up. Which explains the dark surge of energy you felt when you picked it up, causing you to fall unconscious."

Yongguk sighs, "And the reason why our spirits got locked up... Well it's because... Well after our deaths our spirits flew to Heaven and when we reach the Heaven's Door, God basically told us that there's not enough room in Heaven yet for all of us since our deaths are unexpected, and I got pissed off... Making God angry and He sealed our spirits inside that damned emblem." 

Say what now. I always thought that Heaven has unlimited space.

Well, I guess now I know that Heaven do exist.

"...Wait, so it's because I picked up the silver bunny pin?" They nod, and Himchan gives me a thumb up. "Atta boy, finally you're getting it!"

Jongup turns to him, "But Himchan-hyung, she's a girl."

Zelo stares at Himchan, "Himchan-hyung looks like a girl." Jongup turns to Zelo, "Yeah, but Himchan-hyung doesn't have a vagi-" Then Himchan quickly covers Jongup's mouth with his hand, "Dammit, you idiot! Do you want to get yelled at again!"

I mentally slap my forehead, letting out a sigh. "I have no time for this." I stare at the clock, it says 5AM. Great, I don't have time for breakfast. I really have to get going to the charity concert. 

"What charity concert?" I glare at the guys, "Stop reading my mind and leave me alone." I storm past the guys - well seeing that they're actually spirits, I can walk past them - getting my concert dress and my ordinary clothes to change. 

"I'm gonna take a shower, and I swear to God if you guys even take a tiniest peek... I'm gonna call for an exorcist to come here and kick your asses back to wherever you belong."

 

---

 

"Mirae! Finally you're here!" I run over to Yukwon, who's greeting me with a smile, holding his acoustic guitar. Yep, the same Kim Yukwon from Chow Mien yesterday.

I run to him, "Yukwon-oppa! Sorry I'm late! I-" Then I just remember, I can't just tell him that there are 6 ghosts who died 3 years ago haunting me because I picked up their stupid bunny gang emblem and they can't leave me alone for some reasons, so you can basically say that they're gonna be sticking with me for a while.

Yeah, how about no. 

"You...?" I scratch my head, laughing sheepishly trying to lie. "I- I woke up late..." He laughs, ruffling my hair. "Typical Na Mirae. How can I not be able to guess."

"Lead Violinist! Is the Lead Violinist here yet?" I raise my hand, "Here!" They drag me to line up, and I glance at Yukwon, who's giving me a thumbs up. I smile, giving him a thumbs up in return. 

Then we walk to the stage and start the concert. 

 

---

 

"Thank you very much for coming! And for the closing, a duet by Lead Violinist Na Mirae and pianist Kim Yukwon, performing Ave Maria by Franz Schubert." The audience applauses, and Yukwon and I make our way to the stage.

I stare at the audience, and I can't help but smile seeing all the smiling faces on the audience section. Yukwon starts the opening of the song, and I start playing my violin. 

The beautiful melody that comes out from my violin and Yukwon's piano echoes through the hall, the harmony of the two balances perfectly. I glance at the audience, who is watching and enjoying the performance. 

When I see the last people that I wanna see at the very back of the audiences' section.

Bang Yongguk. Kim Himchan. Jung Daehyun. Yoo Youngjae. Moon Jongup. Choi Junhong. Sitting on the audiences' empty spots, watching my performance. 

"Woooooooooooooo~!" Himchan cheers, making my blood boil. Stay calm, Na Mirae. Stay calm. 

"Mirae! Mirae! Mirae! Fighting!"

Wait, they can read my mind. 

I start screaming inside my mind, while still composed and play the violin and produce beautiful music. 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING HERE! And Himchan-ssi... STOP YELLING! This is an orchestra, not a freaking Coachella rave party!"

Then Himchan quickly shuts his mouth, making me sigh. The song ends, and we receive a standing applause from the audience. I smile, grabbing Yukwon's hand, bowing to the audience as they throw us flowers.

"That was awesome!" Yukwon gives me a high-five, he seems excited and happy. I smile, "Yeah, that was great!"

We walk to the changing room, "Hey, wanna grab a bite? I don't know about you, but I haven't had any breakfast today, and I'n starving!" I nod, "Yeah, I haven't had my breakfast either. Let's go have a meal."

I get inside the changing room and changed to a plain grey long-sleeve shirt and black shorts, and I put on my black beanie. I grab my violin and get out of the girls' changing room, and is greeted by Yukwon. He's wearing a plain white sweater and jeans, his brown hair is ruffled, a bit messy but it looks nice. "Ready to go?" I nod, and we walk out of the concert hall.

I glance behind me and I see the 6 guys are not there. I let out a sigh of relief. 

 

---

 

"Mirae... Is everything okay?" I snap back, staring at Yukwon who's currently drinking his Cola. I take a bite of my hamburger, sighing. 

"You wouldn't believe me even if I tell you." He smiles, "Come on, I'll believe you of course."

I stare at him, and he seems to be just fooling around. I sigh, thinking of something to change the topic, "How's the date with Jaein yesterday?" He scratches his head, "Yeah... Well, I broke up with her."

My eyes widen. "What? But why!" He sighs, "She's just... Too nagging, and demanding. She took me to a jewelry store and asked me to buy a ring and marry her."

Whoa. Okay. Rushing much? 

"...Well I think I can understand why if you say it like that..."

Then just out of the blue, I see Jongup and Zelo playing pranks with the waitress. It's a really lame prank, to be honest. 

They swap the tomato sauce with the chili sauce. See? A really, really lame prank. I sigh, focusing on my mind. 

Moon Jongup. Choi Junhong. What are you guys doing? 

They turn their heads to my direction, and Zelo sticks his tongue out before apparating. "Yah, Zelo! Why did you leave me alone!" Then Jongup apparates too. I sigh.

"You're sighing a lot. Is something the matter?" Yukwon is poking my cheek, and I slap his hand away. "Like I said, you wouldn't believe me if I tell you."

He stares at me confused. 

 

---

 

"I'll see you at Chow Mien tonight?" I nod, "Yeah sure, see you Yukwon-oppa!" He smiles, waving his hand and he leaves. I turn around, clutching to my shoulder bag.

"Annyeong~" I let out a yelp, then turn my head to my side, to see someone beside me, in a school uniform, staring at me. I stare at him, confused.

"Who are you."

He stares at me for a few seconds, before leaning in closer. "Yah! It's Daehyun! Jung Daehyun! Who else would I be!"

I let out a scream, "Yah! How the hell should I know! You took off the freaking mask!"

Only then I realized that... He's a ghost... And no one else can see him but me. I turn around to my surroundings and just as I expected... People are whispering and staring at me as if I'm mental.

Daehyun lets out a laugh, and I glare at him. 

I swear to God, you're gonna get it, Jung Daehyun. Just what do you want from me!

He laughs even harder, making me curl up my hand into a ball of fist. "Jung Daehyun!" I throw my fist up to his face, and instinctively he covers his face with his hands, but my fist pass through his face. 

People keep staring, so I just stomp my feet and leave the scene. "Yah, Mirae-ssi! Why are you mad?"

Well, I don't know. Maybe it's about 6 stupid male ghosts who's haunting me, all because I picked up a stupid bunny pin.

"Come on, don't be mad~" He's floating behind me with his hands on his pockets, and yes, he's floating, following me. I sigh. I swear I'm sighing a lot since they came. I'm gonna get old fast...

"Where are the others? Have they gone into the light yet?" He laughs, "What are you talking about? After what Yongguk-hyung did back at the Heaven's Door, I doubt that God lets us go into the light."

I groan mentally. What did I do to deserve this. He lets out a laugh. "Well, just your luck you just had to pick up our gang emblem. Besides, I don't really wanna go to the light. At least not yet."

I raise my eyebrow, "Why?" We're walking to the abandoned park where I picked up the emblem, and he stares at the bench and he sits down. 

Wait, he can sit down on an object? He laughs, "Of course I can! The perks of being a ghost like me is, you can touch inanimate objects, living beings, eat human food. But living beings can't touch us."

I raise my eyebrow, sitting down next to him by the bench where I picked up the emblem yesterday. "Wait a minute, what do you mean by 'You can touch living beings but living beings can't touch us'?"

He stares at me, when I feel his finger getting closer to my cheek... And he pokes it. 

I can feel it. His cold hands. Poking my cheek. I stare at him wide-eyed, "...What the hell?" He smirks, stretching his arms leaning against the bench. "Well, that's what I was talking about."

I tried touching his face but it keeps going past him. I can't touch him. "Bu-But- That's not fair!" He raises his eyebrow, and flicks my forehead. Hard. 

"Ow! Yah!" He stares at me, and I glare back at him. "Yah! Have some respect!" He sighs, "Then should I call you noona?" I pfft, making a few drops of my saliva comes out. "I was born on December 1992, I'm pretty sure we're the same age." He cringes in disgust. 

"Eww! You spit on me! Yah! ...Eer what's your family name again?" I laugh, "What! You don't even know my full name!" He stares at me, "It's because you haven't introduce yourself to us yet! We're ghosts, not psychics." 

"Na Mirae. 20 years old, a living human being, unlike you." He glares at me, and I burst into laughters. There aren't any people here, so I can laugh as loud as I can.

Daehyun then looks at his surroundings, "Youngjae is coming in 3 seconds."

Wait what.

3.

2.

1.

Poof

"Hey Dae. Oh?" Youngjae sits down next to Daehyun, making me startle. "Hey Jae." Youngjae turns to me, "I didn't know that the lady is here."

The lady. Seriously.

Youngjae raises his hands, "Hey, it's because I don't know your full name." I sigh, "It's Na Mirae." Daehyun stares at the ground, and Youngjae starts to knock his head. "Yah, Jung Daehyun. Get over it. It's been 3 years."

Daehyun sighs, "I know, but still..." I watch the two, and Youngjae notices. "What's up, Mirae-ssi?" I stare at Youngjae's hand, and I try to touch it. As expected, it went past through him. Youngjae raises an eyebrow. 

"Did you still not believe that we're-" I look at Youngjae into the eyes, "Touch my hand." He stares at me confused, before turning to Daehyun. Daehyun only shrugs, and Youngjae literally facepalms. 

"Seriously? You told her?" Daehyun shrugs, "What? She would figure it out sooner or later anyway." Youngjae sighs, and he touches my hand. 

Yep. I can feel his hands alright. It's cold, like Daehyun's. 

"Is there any way that I can touch you guys?" Youngjae shrugs, "I don't know." I glare at them, and they raise their hands, "Whoa whoa whoa, death glare alert. We seriously don't know, Mirae-ssi."

I sigh. This is so not fair. Youngjae let out a low chuckle, "Why do you wanna know if you can touc- oh! I get it!" He stares at me, pointing his finger at me. "You wanna know so that you can beat us up if we're pissing you off right!"

Daehyun stares at me wide-eyed, "Oh my God." He gets up, pointing his finger at me, "I am never gonna tell you even if I have to die again!" I groan, "But that's not fair!"

I look at the wristwatch, it says 3PM. I sigh, "I'm gonna go to the market." They stare at me, "Why?" 

I raise my eyebrow, "...Because I'm a living human and I need to eat?" They nod, letting out an aah and an ooh. Daehyun scratches his head, "I forgot that she's a human. I've been hanging out with spirits too much." Youngjae send him a death glare, and Daehyun smiles sheepishly. 

"Hehe...?"

I slap myself in the forehead. I sigh, "Come on you dorks."

Daehyun glares, "We are not dorks!"

Sure you aren't. Suuuuuree.

"...You do know that Daehyun and I can read your mind, right?"

Well yeah, that's the whole point.

 

---

 

"What should I make for tomorrow..." I'm at the traditional market, with Daehyun and Youngjae floating behind me. Floating. 

I swear to God I'm never gonna get over this. Floating

"Ooh~ that looks nice." Daehyun is pointing at a freshly made kimchi, and I make my way there. Daehyun lets our a squeal, "Wait, are you buying us the kimchi?"

No.

Daehyun whines, "Whaaatt? But why?"

Because you guys are ghosts. Ghosts don't have to eat kimchi, Jung Daehyun.

Youngjae stares at his surroundings, "Well, spirits like us, we can eat human food or human soul. To keep us being here, of course. If we 'die' again because of hunger, we will go straight to hell. So it's either human food or human soul."

Human soul say what now.

Wait... When you say human soul, does it mean- 

Youngjae nods, "Yep, we take other people's souls. Dying souls, to be exact." I raise my eyebrows, staring at Youngjae.

What exactly are you guys? You're ghosts but you eat human soul? Isn't that... What death angels do?

Youngjae shrugs, "We don't know either. When we died, all six of us have this... Urge, to kill a human and consume their souls. So in the end we went to a hospital and take out dying souls, and consume them. But then Zelo stole a candy from a kid and turns out we can eat human food too. I don't really understand either, but that's pretty much the way it goes." 

Daehyun sighs, "It's such a drag though. If only Yongguk-hyung didn't explode at the Heaven's Gate, we wouldn't even be facing this."

Youngjae floats around, "But with human food we can survive too. I'd rather eat human food than to eat human soul all the time. Plus, real food is healthy."

But you guys are dead.

Daehyun and Youngjae glare at me. I raise my hand, "Okay, okay. Sorry..."

I turn around and continue shopping.

Great... More expenses on food.

Wait, why am I thinking of their expenses? They're ghosts. Daehyun and Youngjae stares at me, "Bu-But, we're roommates now!"

6 loud, noisy, annoying good-for-nothing dorks as roommates? Let me think about no.

 

---

 

Meanwhile at the Heaven's Gate...

 

Bang Yongguk:

"Hello!" I bang on the Heaven's Gate, and I see one of the archangels sighing at me. I realized by then that it's Michael - one of the Archangels. 

"What now, Bang Yongguk? I thought that you said, and I quote, Screw this sh*t! I'm gonna stay on Earth forever if I have to!"

I sigh in frustration, "Shut up. Where is He?" Michael knocks my head with his sword, "Ow!" 

"Have some respect for the Lord!" I sigh, "Okay, okay, fine. May I speak to the Lord, please?"

"What do you want, my son?"

I hear His voice. "My Lord, I'm really really sorry for what I did to you. Please, let all six of us go inside. I can't take the Earth anymore."

He's silent for a moment. "...Under one condition."

I stare at the blinding light, "Anything."

Michael stares at me, smiling. Then I hear God's voice again, "You have to transform yourselves. From mere down-world creatures to... Angels."

"What?"

He continues, "Oh, and I'm giving you 300 days. Make it count, my son."

Then I feel my body being pushed back to Earth.