Act 16 “Trapped”

Hospital of the Death

 

Act 16 “Trapped”

The air was dusky and rather smelly; he didn’t like it at all. As he opened his eyes, he saw oranges color from a dim light in the center of the square room. Some bars were visible as he realized his wrists were both tied with a chain to the bars. A propeller caused weird noises as he regained his awareness of his surroundings.

The wall was combination of clay and stone as the floor was planted by metal plate. The ceiling was rather flat; proved of being polished years ago. It reflected few spark from the dim light. As his sight got better and cleared, he spotted two figures on the ground in the center of the room; they’re like in huge cage as the bars separated them. Then another one on his opposite, outside the cage; also tied like him.

“Jaejoong! Yoochun! Junsu!” he shouted their names as slowly they stirred up and opened their eyes weakly. Jaejoong was the first one to wake up as he whispered in his weak and exhausted voice.

“Yun…ho…Where are…we?” Jaejoong asked before few seconds later he knew what happened. They fell into the shaman’s trap.

“…Huh…Junsu!” Yoochun then woke up and rushed to Junsu. They’re in the center of the room; unlike the others, they’re not tied. Slowly, Junsu began to open his eyes.

“It looks like everyone is ready to play the games now,” the shaman’s voice echoed through the air. They all tried to search and find the old man but they couldn’t. Yoochun was about to get up and let Jaejoong go and so was Junsu would let Yunho go, but then the shaman warned them.

“Don’t ever think to free both of them, if you come out from the cage, I’ll kill both of them,” the tone was definite as Yoochun and Junsu stopped their effort to climb the bar or break it.

“What do you want from us?” Junsu finally spoke.

“It’s simple,” the shaman’s voice echoed as two long ancient swords fell out of nowhere in front of Junsu and Yoochun,” Fight, and don’t stop before one of you breathe his last breath.”

“In your dream!” Yoochun replied in mocking tone.

“We’ll see…”

Then everything went quiet. They looked around and Jaejoong tried to detect the shaman with his power; yet his effort was fruitless. To their horror, suddenly, Yunho started screaming. Jaejoong struggled; trying to free himself and asking Yunho what was wrong. Yoochun and Junsu wanted to tear the bar and get out from the cage they’re in; only to get themselves electrocuted as they touched the iron. Meanwhile, Yunho kept screaming and started bleeding from his nose.

“I’m begging you stop this!!!” Jaejoong screamed his lungs as finally Yunho stopped screaming. The pain left him as the rest of them were in their deepest horror.

“Fight generals or I’ll torture you king again,” the voice echoed,” Fight till one of you die…”

Yoochun looked at Junsu as they shared a long pause before both of them got the swords up. Jaejoong pleaded them not to hurt each other and Yunho barely kept his consciousness after his soul was being ripped out by the shaman.

“Junsu…I…I can’t do this…” Yoochun finally spoke as tears almost slipped out from his eyes.

“Chunnie…We have no choice, I have no choice…I’m sorry,” and with that Junsu drew his sword out and pushed a strong attack to Yoochun, who blocked it with his clothed-sword. It was too rough for started as Junsu was anxious, confused, and scared. Like Yoochun, he didn’t want to hurt his childhood friend too. Yet, he didn’t want to see Yunho in pain anymore. He didn’t want to see anyone in pain anymore.

Yoochun was taken aback by the attack. He took deep breath as he composed himself. He stood up and then marched to Junsu’s direction as he gave his counter attack. He gave a kick to Junsu’s stomach but the other man managed to avoid and jumped up. Using his sword, Junsu would crush Yoochun if only the man didn’t roll back.

“Please…stop…” Yunho muttered between his labored breaths.

Yoochun looked at Yunho with hurt and desperate eyes before he marched again to Junsu. Their swords made high pitch noise as they touched each other violently. Yoochun pushed forward as he almost hurt Junsu’s shoulder. Bending down, Junsu avoided the attack as he kicked Yoochun’s sword and both of them moved back again.

Attack by attack happened, as both of them swung their swords. Endless tut sound was made as the sword made contact with each other. It was Yoochun’s 3rd attack in the row that he managed to hurt Junsu on his cheek. His victory didn’t last long as Junsu back and cut the back of his palm. They’re almost equal and they fought for real because they knew what the shaman could do if they were just playing with each other.

Yoochun knew Junsu too well and the other around; because they trained with each other almost every day in the past. They could detect what the other would do in the next attack and that’s why they mainly bruised their swords together even after almost half hour passed. That was when Yoochun got it.

He realized what they’re doing; they’re buying time for anyone to stop the shaman. They waited for Jaejoong or Yunho to be able to free themselves and discovered the shaman and defeated him. Or maybe, they waited for another person, Changmin to show up. It didn’t matter; they just needed a miracle to happen fast because they started to feel tired.

Meanwhile, Yunho started to get his energy back. He tried to break his cuff and thought of an idea but he got none. He looked to Jaejoong and the man seemed a bit better than before. Jaejoong was in a deep thought too, trying to figure out how to free all of them.

Then, suddenly, to their horror, Yoochun slipped because of Junsu’s attack. Junsu was also surprise by the clumsy act but he knew it was the end of their act. Yoochun’s sword was thrown few feet away and Junsu was pointing his sword on Yoochun’s face.

“Kill him!!!” the shaman voice echoed. Junsu didn’t move; his breath was suddenly heavy as he shook violently. He didn’t want to kill Yoochun. No, he never wanted to hurt Yoochun.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrggg!!!” suddenly a scream woke everyone as they saw Yunho was once again on the shaman’s attack.

“ENOUGH!” Jaejoong screamed with all his remaining strength,” STOP HURTING THEM! THEY’RE NOT THE ONE WHO SEALED YOU IN THAT CHAMBER FOR DECADES. THEY’RE NOT THE ONE DESTROYED YOUR SICK PLAN! I’M THE ONE WHO DID ALL OF THAT!”

Suddenly Yunho stopped screaming and all of them could finally breathe again. Junsu lost his grasp on his sword as he rushed to Yoochun; embracing his childhood friend as tears flooded from his eyes. All of them were dead scared of what the shaman would do; but Jaejoong knew he needed to something to save his friends. Then, he got an idea; the only thing he could do.

“Why are you hiding?” Jaejoong broke the silence,” Are you that coward and afraid of us? You’ve trapped us here; you’re on the charge, yet, you still hide yourself. Aren’t you just simple coward?”

“SILENCE!” the shaman’s voice echoed.

“Show yourself and let’s have a fair duel if you dare!” Jaejoong declared. The others tried to stop Jaejoong but the man ignored them.

“You have no right to command me, you foolish being!”

“Yes, I was foolish enough to not kill you before. I should have torn you apart than sealed you in the cold and dark chamber! I know you don’t want them,” Jaejoong continued,” All you want is me alone; so show your face already and have a fair duel wit----“

Jaejoong couldn’t finish his sentence as the shaman appeared out of nowhere and shut his mouth with his filthy hand. The touch disgusted Jaejoong but at least he managed to make the shaman showed himself.

“Fair duel?” the shaman laughed,” You know I never did fair duel and never will be…”

“Coward,” Jaejoong managed to speak the word between the shaman’s tight grasp.

“Let’s see how cocky you can get after this,” the shaman smiled; sending chills all over Jaejoong’s body. Then, he felt like he was crushed by huge stone from above; he couldn’t breathe at all. He could feel how rapid his heart beat rose and how his head wanted to explode. The shaman didn’t waste any minute as he pushed inside Jaejoong’s mind; tearing him from inside.

“Don’t touch him!!!” Yunho screamed as he saw Jaejoong opened his mouth but nothing came out. The pain was too much for a human to endure and even Jaejoong’s voice was lost. Blood started to stream out from his nose and ears. He choked few time and spat blood stain.

“Get away fro---Aarrgg!” Yoochun stormed to Jaejoong’s direction, only to get electrocuted by the bars, Junsu got his sword and wanted to cut the bars; only to get thrown away because the metal sword made huge impact as it touched the electric bars.

“JAEJOONG!!!” all of them shouted as the man fell unconscious; Jaejoong head looked down as his eyes closed tight,

“HAHAHAHAHAHA,” the shaman laughed like hell as he got up and walked few steps away,” No one can stop me now!!!”

For the first time in his whole life, Yunho felt like his heart had stopped beating. Yoochun and Junsu were also sharing the same feelings as they saw how their friend tortured by the evil shaman and they couldn’t do any damn thing.

Yunho was death scared; one because he was so afraid he would lose Jaejoong and another reason was because the shaman was walking toward him. He felt so fragile; like a baby; he couldn’t even push the shaman away from him. He wanted to kill the old man so badly but this time his fear overcame everything.

“Now, now, what should I do with you?” the shaman spoke in his cocky voice and then turned to Yoochun and Junsu,” Or maybe I should skin alive one of you first…:”

“Don’t touch them!” Yunho spoke almost shouting; he was still scared but he couldn’t bear to see any of his friends being hurt by the devil anymore; He had enough.

“Huh? What did you say?” the shaman got a small knife out and bleed Yunho’s cheek,” Did you just say something?”

“I said…Don’t ing hurt my friends!!!” Yunho exploded as the shaman laughed again. It took him almost a minute to calm himself and then stared at Yunho’s face. He made the small knife dance on Yunho’s other cheek as Yoochun and Junsu shouted their horror.

The cage went mad as sparks spread on the air. Junsu and Yoochun didn’t care even if they hurt themselves; all the wanted was to get out from the freaking cage and killed the shaman before the old man could touch Yunho or Jaejoong again.

Then, out of nowhere, a spark blew up above them as the dim light exploded. The room was filled with darkness instantly. Yunho shivered to his spine as he thought it had to be the shaman’s doing. Yoochun and Junsu also stopped bumping themselves to the electric bar as they stood in silence, next to each other.

What now? They all asked themselves. Their thoughts were distracted when a horrifying screams caught their ears. It was the most horrible screams they ever heard in their entire life.