Part 2

I've Found You!

 

                 “Mom, please, just this once,” pleaded the 21 years old girl to her mother. Her father has already given his permission with one condition; her mother has to give her permission too. It’s a tough luck, since her mother is really strict about school and ways to spend their money.

                “No,” answered her mother as she added some more water into the soup. They’re making veggie soup for dinner. Krisha stopped cutting the vegetable and put the knife down before put her palms together, facing her mom’s back.

                “Mom, please, please, please. I promise this will be the last time. Please?” She made a puppy face that her mother has always fallen for. Her mother turned from the stove, facing her.

                “I’d consider it if it’s on weekend, dear. But not during weekdays; you have classes to attend,” her mother answered, as she stared into her daughter’s eyes lovingly. Krisha’s bright face just now turned dark due to her mother’s disapproval.

                “Okay, then,” mumble Krisha, continue to cut the vegetables. Her shoulders slumped in disappointment.

 

*****

 

                “Is she still not giving up?” asked Krisha’s father to her mother later that night. Her mother sighed before answering.

                “I don’t know, but it seems like it. If it’s not because of her classes, I would’ve allowed her to,” said her mother.

                “I see. I guess she must’ve liked that band that much. It’s the first time she has asked something from us – badly,” her father said as he recalled on hearing Krisha singing along while playing her guitar when he passed in front of her room earlier. It sounded like Japanese song – must’ve been the band’s song.

                “I know, right?” replied her mother.

 

*****

 

                The plane that Krisha was on has landed safely at Kuala Lumpur International Airport. Krisha smiled happily as she took her luggage and waited for the bus which will take her to KL Sentral. Amazingly, she made it here – to ‘Play! FT Island’s Concert’. It felt like a dream came true when her mother gave her permission. It was the best Christmas’ present ever! Her father even sponsored all her transportation and accommodation when she thought about loaning from them. Immediately, she bought the ticket via the internet. And now, here she is! She came a day early before the concert, just in case she got too tired if she comes on the day itself.

                As soon as the bus arrived, she hopped on and looked for her seat. Krisha put her luggage in the upper compartment of her seat which was next to the window. After being seated, Krisha took out her mp3 player and plug the earphone to her ear. Not long after the bus started its journey, Krisha gradually fell asleep and woke up when they reached KL Sentral. Then, she hailed a cab to take her to Hilton Hotel, where she’ll be staying until tomorrow.