Chapter two

The Colour Of Your Heart

Chanyeol woke up in the middle of the night with the same dream. This time however, he felt like he had seen the mysterious boy somewhere. He just couldn’t put the finger on it. Chanyeol took out a notebook from under his bed and wrote down the dream he had experienced. After writing for a while, Chanyeol felt a little bit better.

 

 

Baekhyun woke up with a song in his head. As he stepped out of bed, he began singing the melody.

 

When all the tears are rolling down your face
And it feels like yours was the only heart to break
When you come back home and all the lights are out, ooh
And you're getting used to no one else being around

 

Oh, oh, I'll be there
When you need a little love, I got a little love to share
Yeah, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna come through
You'll never be alone, I'll be there for you
I'll be there, I'll be there for you
I'll be there, I'll be there for you
Oh, I swear, I got enough love for two, ooh, ooh, ooh
You'll never be alone, I'll be there for you

 

It’s been a long time since Baekhyun has felt so happy. After all, he had made friends on the first day of university. Miracles really existed. Baekhyun had a feeling today was going to be a good day. And he was never wrong, based on his angelic gifts.

 

 

Chanyeol arrived on time today, unlike yesterday when a certain boy caused him to be too late. He didn’t want to make that mistake again. The professor wasn’t so pleased with Chanyeol being too late. On the way, there was no sign of Baekhyun. Maybe, he was late again. Chanyeol smirked.

 

‘Chanyeol-ah, I’m here.’ Kyungsoo waved his hand in the air, suggesting Chanyeol to come sit with him. Chanyeol happily took the place next to Kyungsoo. ‘So, I want to you to meet some people. They are also music majors, so I thought it would be nice if we were all friends.’ Kyungsoo continued. ‘That really tall kid is Sehun. Next to him is Kai. They are both also dance majors.’ Chanyeol smiled at them. ‘Who’s that scary kid.’ Before Chanyeol had finished his sentence, he was met by an iron fist. ‘That ‘scary kid’ is a wushu champion. His name is Tao. I would be careful if I were you. He could whip your any time.’ Kyungsoo said calmly. Tao smirked. Even though Chanyeol gets angry easily, he knew he had to be careful of Tao.

 

‘Who was that kid that came along with you on the first day of school? You were both late.’ Sehun said. ‘He’s not important, really.’ Chanyeol cleared his throat. ‘Actually, it was his fault that I was too late for the first period. He crashed into me when I was trying to catch the bus.’ Chanyeol felt himself becoming angrier, the more he thought about Baekhyun. He hated him already. Even Chanyeol’s eye started to show signs of anger. ‘Are you okay, Chanyeol?’ Kyungsoo had a concerned look on his face. ‘I just can’t stand that Baekhyun kid, that’s all.’ Chanyeol said, trying to sound as normal as possible. He couldn’t show people his true self. The demon that lived inside him. Everything would change. He wasn’t normal. He wasn’t human.

 

Slowly, his eye became a dark brown colour again. The anger disappeared. When he saw Kyungsoo’s doubting face, he said: ‘I’m fine, Kyungsoo.’ Chanyeol smiled again. That made Kyungsoo believe him. ‘Okay, well if you have any problems, let me know. I’m your friend.’ With that Chanyeol smile grew wider and Kyungsoo grinned along.

 

 

Baekhyun was on time today, hell, he was one hour early. Baekhyun didn’t want to repeat yesterday’s event, so he decided to take an early bus. Since Baekhyun’s friends were nowhere in sight, Baekhyun decided to go to his classroom already. In the hallways, he was met with Chen. ‘Hi, Baekhyun.’ Chen smiled. ‘Hi, you are early.’ Baekhyun said back. ‘Yeah, well, I’m always early. I just run fast’. Baekhyun looked at his with a questionable face. ‘He wasn’t perhaps a son of Hermes, right?’ Baekhyun thought. ‘I’ve never seen a demigod at a normal human school.’ Then again, it wasn’t impossible. Some demigod children didn’t even know they were demigods.

 

‘Do you know where classroom 104 is? I’ve been walking through the hallways for a while now and I still can’t find it.’ Baekhyun looked down at his feet. He didn’t want to look stupid to his new friend. ‘Sure thing, it’s at the end of the hallway. The first door on your right.’ ‘Thanks.’ Baekhyun said sheepishly.

 

  1. I’ve got to go. Xiumin is waiting for me at the cafeteria. He can be real scary sometimes if you piss him off. He nearly turns blue.’ Chen laughed and ran off to the cafeteria.

 

‘Blue?’ Baekhyun asked himself out loud. ‘What is blue?’ Baekhyun turned his head and saw two boys. One had big owl-like eyes and the other was tall, really tall. It was Chanyeol.

 

‘Oh, nothing hehe.’ Baekhyun said sheepishly. Kyungsoo smiled at Baekhyun, pulling Chanyeol along with him who clearly didn’t want to be here in this moment.

 

‘You are also a music major, right? My name is Kyungsoo and this is Chanyeol.’ ‘Nice to meet you Kyungsoo. I hope we can be great friends.’ Baekhyun only looked at Kyungsoo as he spoke. He didn’t want to meet Chanyeol’s glare.

 

Kyungsoo nodded. ‘Of course. I’d love to make new friends.’ Hearing this made Baekhyun smile. He started to believe this year would be completely different. Better.

 

 

‘Sorry I’m late, hyung.’ Chen said when he saw Xiumin’s blue-ish face. Xiumin didn’t say anything. He just looked at him with a blank face. ‘I saw Baekhyun on the way, I got distracted, that’s all. Don’t blame me.’ Chen said, holding his hands up in defense.

 

‘Kim Jongdae, you of all people should always be on time. You are the son of a GOD. The son of Hermes, to be exact.’ ‘I know, but hey I helped Baekhyun find the classroom he was looking for.’ Chen said proudly. Xiumin just rolled his eyes. ‘Sometimes I wonder why I even love you.’ ‘Because, I’m awesome.’ Chen said with a grin plastered on his face. ‘True that.’ Xiumin said with a smile. Chen went to sit down next to the elder and wrapped his arm around him, giving him a side-hug.

 

 

Chanyeol wasn’t really good at learning, but he had a talent for music. Ever since he was a little child he learned how to play instruments. His grandmother taught him to play music whenever he was getting angry again. It would help him control his emotions. He often played Clair de Lune if he was having one of his anger attacks. The soothing melody would immediately calm him down.

 

Chanyeol was very grateful of his grandmother. Maybe, he could go and visit her again sometimes. It’s been a long time since he last saw her. His grandmother would always bake cookies so the house smelled like a bakery. Chanyeol loved it.

 

Chanyeol stumbled upon an empty classroom filled with instruments. He had sworn that he didn’t know this room even existed. Inside the old classroom stood a piano, covered in dust. He walked towards, his hands tracing along the piano. Dust whirled through the old room. The dim sunlight made it look almost magical. Chanyeol sat carefully down on the creaky stool, trying not to damage the stool. He placed his fingers on top of the piano keys. The feeling of the black and white keys was familiar. Slowly his fingers were pushing the keys, making his hands dance a beautiful duet. The soft melody of Clair de Lune filled the room. Chanyeol closed his eyes. The melody filled his body completely with utter calmness.

 

Little did he know a certain blonde was watching him from afar.

 

 

A/N: I'm so sorry that this chapter is so short. I just didn't have much time to work on it. I promise the next chapter will be longer! Please subscribe and upvote my story so other can enjoy it too :)