Chapter 1/1

Come to Me

"Mr. Choi, I cannot stress enough how much you are not allowed to walk into that room..."  A clerk said as he walked with the power walking man.  He wasn't equipped to walk this quickly, but he knows he can't just let this person waltz right through.


"You keep saying that, but you never tell me what's in here."  The taller finally stopped walking, looking at the person who keeps telling him to stop every other second.


The man sighed and looked around, keeping his hands on his hips.  "I can't tell you, alright?  This is a sanctuary where people come to relax, so maybe, just maybe, there's someone in there that is relaxing?"


"Seokmin, I want to relax in there too." 


"No, Hansol, you don't.  Come back."  Seokmin, the clerk, said as he brought Hansol back to the main area.  "You may request a private room, but not that one." 


Hansol sighed and nodded.  He's been stressed all week anyway - why stress over a little matter like a mysterious room that is always in session when he's there?  Why should he be curious whenever he hears screams every now and then emanating from the room that is closed off by a frantic clerk?  Why is he so concerned about it?  He has absolutely know idea whatsoever; all he does know is that he wants to find out.


He closes his eyes as he sits down on a couch in the private room.  He's had too much on his plate with the office - never getting the respect he deserves for doing a good job, always hearing the sounds of phones ringing and printing beeps, and the excessive managers telling him that he needs to re-do the work he did all night.  He often wonders why he doesn't have gray hair yet.



It was an hour later, when his time is up.  He walked out and sighed in satisfaction.  He walked past the door of the private room.  The clerk wasn't in seeing distance.  He put his head up to the door, trying to hear if there's anything going on.  He hears whimpers - sobbing maybe.  Temptation ruling out his judgement, he puts his hand on the knob.  Surprisingly, it wasn't locked.  He looked back over at the desk to see that Seokmin wasn't there.  He looked back at the door and opened it.

He peeked his head in, seeing someone on a couch with their hands in their palms, hunched over.  He looked back at the desk to see Seokmin was still gone.  He looked back to see the person staring at him.  It was fairly dark in the room, making visability to see the other's face hard.  But he heard something. 


"Come to me.."


Hansol's eyes open wide when he heard the sadness behind the simple imperative sentence.  He swallowed his spit before turning back, seeing Seokmin was still not around.  He slowly crept in, closing the door behind him.  He walked further in the room, watching as the other sat up right on the couch.  This place is supposed to help you relax, how is sobbing relaxing?  Hansol thought as he saw the box of tissues on the coffee table.


He sat down next to the other, finally able to see the features of the other's face.  He had a bit of a natural-chubby face, brown hair, and red eyes due to crying.  He hesitated but put his arm around him, looking deep into his eyes.


"W-why did you open the door?"  The other spoke.

Hansol swallowed his spit hard.  "Because I was getting too worried.."  He said honestly.


"Worried?" 


"Y-yeah... Every time I come here, I hear you crying.. It's sad, really.."  Hansol spoke after a moment of silence.  "I'm sorry if I'm intrud-"


"Thank you." 


Hansol's words were cut off by both the other talking and hugging him.  He slowly put his other arm around the the other, patting his back occassionally.  He closed his eyes and hummed softly. 


"What's your name?"  The other spoke softly.


Hansol smiled when he noticed the other wasn't crying anymore, nor was he heavily swallowing.  "Hansol, you?"


"Seungkwan." 


They hugged for another couple minutes before Hansol realized something.  His breath hitched and he fought bolting right up.  Of course this caught the attention of Seungkwan.

"Hansol?"


"I remembered - I'm not allowed to be in here.. What do I do when we have to leave?"  He almost answered in a panicked voice.


"Shh, I'll cover for you.  Okay?"  Seungkwan said, looking into Hansol's eyes with a small smile.


Hansol stopped worrying when he saw the smile forming a bit bigger.  He nodded and went back to hugging.  He ignored the fact that his shirt was more than soaked from the other's tears.  He the other's soft brown hair, continuing the little song he'd been humming for minutes.  It seemed to really relax the other, as he heard him start humming along.



It was another thirty minutes before the door opened.  That's when Hansol's blood ran cold.  He remembered that Seungkwan said he'd cover for him, but he was still scared.  What if he can't ever come here again?  There aren't too many places around where he lives that he can just relax.  His appartment isn't even as comfortable as this place!


"Seungkwan, we're closing-"  Seokmin was talking while turning on the light.  He stopped his speech when he saw Hansol.


"Don't worry, I told him to come in here."  Seungkwan said with a smile.


Seokmin had a look of disbelief.  "Well I'll be an angel's fool.."  He looked up and down at Seungkwan and then back over at Hansol.  When the two gave confused looks he just looked at the floor.


"Well.. It's time for you to leave, Mr. Choi.  Because you have violated rules, I have to ban you from this place."  Seokmin said, putting his hands on the other's shoulders, directing him out of the room.


"Seok-" 


"Seungkwan, go get ready to leave."  Seokmin said before completely exiting the room.


 

 

Seungkwan put on his jacket and put his hands in his pockets as he walked outside the building.  It was dark as it was turning evening.  He walked to Seokmin's car and leaned against it.  He watched the older come out with his bag, and unlock the car.  He sat down and closed his door.  He refrained from talking the whole drive, and so did Seokmin.




"Seokmin.. why did you ban him?"  Seungkwan asked, sitting on the couch in their shared appartment.  He just heard the other sigh and take out a couple bottles.  He looked over to see him drinking down some juice.

"I've worked at that sanctuary ever since I was a young boy.  I worked to comfort people, cure them from their everyday, stressfull lives, and so on.  I don't work for their amusement.  You don't need someone like Hansol in your life.  I'm telling you this not to hurt your feelings, but to spare them."  Seokmin explained after gulping down some juice.


Seungkwan sighed and hunched over.  "He made me happy.."


"You're not listening to me - which is fine, because you won't ever see him again, hear me?  He's bad news, alright?"  Seokmin slammed the bottle opener down on the counter, scaring the younger.


Seokmin ran a hand through his hair as he knew what the younger was going to ask.  "I've known Hansol for a few years now.  He's not someone that will cure your depression, Seungkwan.  He'll dig you deeper.  I'm trying to tell you that someone will help you, but it's not going to be Hansol." 


Seungkwan looked down at the coffee table.  "But what if your wrong...?"


"Okay.  We can solve this one way.  Tell me what your idea of comfort is." Seokmin said, folding his arms.


"Relaxation.. warmth.. love."  Seungkwan was trying to find all of the things he'd like to find - things that he's lost.  "Hyung, you're not being kind to me."


Seokmin sighed and sat down on the adjacent chair.  He looked down at the juice bottle.  "I know..  I just.. I'm not happy either, Seungkwan..  I've tried taking care of you for nine years now, and nothing I do helps.  It's depressing, alright?  I'll admit it."  Seokming said before drinking the juice hardly.


Seungkwan hugs the pillow he had on his lap, pouting his lip.  "I want to see him again.." 



Seokmin nodded and finished the bottle.  "I'll arrange something.. Until then, please get some rest." 


Seungkwan nodded and looked up at the older who stood up.  He watched him walk closer, leaning down.  Their foreheads connect softly as they stare into each other's eyes. 

"I just want you to be happy.."  Seokmin whispered.

"Happiness needs to come to me... I can't seek it."  Seungkwan whispered back.




That night, Seungkwan did get more sleep than he normally would.  He thanks Hansol for it - he knows that Hansol's the one he needs to be with.  He hasn't felt this happy in a very long time.  He smiles into his slumber, finally feeling the littlest bit warmer.





It was the next week, Seungkwan stared at the door of his private room.  He was waiting and waiting.  He was probably there for about four hours already - making it noon.  He sighed and sat down on the couch that was placed inside.  I spend too much of my life sitting on this couch, don't I?  He stands back up and walks out of the back door.  There, he was met with a quiet garden.  The sound of a small water fall could be heard in the background.  He smiled and walked around.  The fact that he's been smiling a little bit more lately relieved him.


He stopped when he finally found the water fall.  He heard faint voices on the other side, but he knows he can't get over there.  The outdoor sanctuary isn't private, so he knows that he might see other people around.  This fact always scares him.  However, remembering Hansol's face in the dim lights last week makes him forget.  He shared physical contact with a living human other than Seokmin. 


He walked all the way back to his room, and sat back down.  But then his smile disappears.  Hansol isn't here...  It reminds him of too fond of a memory.  He was always left alone - forgotten about.  He sighed as a tear started forming.  He tried to raise his lips to a smile, but the tears weighed more than any positive energy that may be lurking around in that private room.


Unable to control his sobbing, he puts his face in his palms for the nth time since he's come here.  Not one day has he not spent crying in this sanctuary.  He's supposed to relax, but all he does is stress over every little thing....




Seokmin looked down as he knew that the younger must have started crying.  He passed by the door on his way to his desk.  He sighed and sat down, looking at documents and receipts.  He heard the sliding glass doors open, and sees Hansol coming in.  He stood up, ready to kick him out, but he remebered about Seungkwan.  I promised I would arrange something.. but I have a bad feeling about it.. Seungkwan is going to be depressed whether he sees Hansol or not.  Best just tell Seungkwan that he never showed up...  Having the younger's feelings in his mind, he nodded inwardly.


"Hansol, you're not allowed to be here."  He said, walking around the corner.

"Please, I just-"

"No means no.  He doesn't deserve someone like you."  Seokmin said, pushing him out of the doors. 


Hansol stood there looking down at the pavement.  He heard Seokmin sigh too many times in just the five minutes they spent out there. 


"Okay.. I won't go see Seungkwan.. I just need some relaxation.. work was really stressfull this week."  Hansol said honestly, looking into the older's eyes.


Seokmin nodded slowly.  He can't deny relaxation, right?  Plus, he'll just lock Seungkwan's door this time.  Of course, the garden sanctuary doesn't appear in Seokmin's memory.  He told the younger to follow him.


They reached the room where Hansol usually stays in.  He unlocked it and directed him inside.  "If you even think about going to see him, I will never let you back in here, understand?"  Seokmin said, looking sternly into Hansol's eyes.


Hansol nodded honestly.  Seokmin set his timer for the two hours that Hansol asked for.  He then left the room.  He walked past Seungkwan's door, and still heard him crying.  He sighed and locked the door. 




Hansol walked around.  He picked up a water bottle and started drinking from it.  He noticed the door leading to the garden sanctuary.  He's been here for years, but he hasn't ever gone out and explored.  Maybe a good walk will get my mind off of things...

He opened the door.  He smiled when he was met by tall trees and a waterfall.  He walked around, admiring the scenery.  He noticed an elderly couple people walk by. 


"Excuse me, I've attended this place for years, but I never came back here.  Is it public?"  Hansol asked the two as they sipped their juice from a fancy straw - maybe a tropical drink at this point.


"Yes, it is.  Isn't it so beautiful back here though?" 


Hansol agreed with a nod of his head before walking further on.




Seungkwan came back from the bathroom and was looking around the coffee table.  He felt his pockets and looked inside the couch cushions.  He forgot his phone.  He remembered that he was listening to music near the waterfall.  He shook his head in stupidity and walked out to the garden.  It was refreshing to get so much fresh air, but his eyes are far from being relaxed.  Crying for hours straight isn't good for anyone's health. 


He turned the corner of the rose bushes and stopped when he saw a familiar figure.  He hid a bit behind the bushes and watched from about two yards away.  He bit his lip before contemplating.  He knows Seokmin will be upset if he figures out he sees Hansol.  But at the same time, he knows he'll stop his crying if he goes over to him.  He caught a tear as it was forming in his eye.  He swallowed before standing upright. 


His eyes locate the phone that is on the bench next to where Hansol is standing.  Maybe he won't even notice me...  He nodded before walking over.  He was picking up his phone when a notification came in.


Hansol turned around and was met with Seungkwan's puffy, red eyes. 


"Seungkwan?"  Hansol was surprised to see the older outside of his room.


"Hansol,"  Seungkwan put on a fake, awkward smile, "what's up?" 


"N-nothing.. Just came out to get fresh air.. Life's being not so nice to me lately.."  Hansol told.


Seungkwan motioned him to sit on the bench next to them.  They sat down together, taking in some of the other natural landscape.  Seungkwan actually had a smile creep on his lips.


"Kwannie, you're smiling.."  Hansol said with a small smile.

"Shut up.."  Seungkwan's smile only grew larger with the addition of pink cheeks.


"I think seeing you smile has lifted my stress."  He commented with an honest voice.


Seungkwan's smile faltered when he felt his heart beat faster.  He was about to stand up, but Hansol put an arm around him.  "But if you need to cry, I'm here to catch your tears."  He continued, bringing his other arm around, forming a complete hug.


"How can I cry when you're the only person who can make me smile?"  Seungkwan said in a low whisper that was only audible to Hansol's ears.


They sat like that for a little bit longer.  Every now and then, Hansol would feel a portion of his shirt get wet, but he knew the other's tears needed to come out.  But the sad thing, to Hansol, is that he doesn't even know what the older is crying about.  It's none of my business - Seokmin tried to stop me from going into his room, so there must be something deep burdening Seungkwan.  But to pry might hurt him, right?  Hansol was thinking.


They stood up and walked around the garden, hand in hand.  They shared a few stories that made them laugh.  But then Hansol remembered - he only had two hours in his room.


"Oh no.. what time is it?"


Seungkwan took out his phone.  "3:36pm, why?" 


"I only have four more minutes until I have to get out of the room."  Hansol clinched his teeth.


"Man.. four minutes?  We're so deep in here that I think it'd take about twenty minutes to get out... Why don't we just stay in this cave for awhile?"  Seungkwan laughed a bit, showing a natural cave.


Hansol inspected it.  "What am I supposed to do when I actually need to leave?" 


Seungkwan sat down on a bench that was inside.  He sighed and looked around.  "I know of an exit.. but we'll have to wait until they close up..  But I know of a hiding spot in here that Seokmin and the guards don't know about."  Seungkwan said with a devious smile.


"Wow, you sure are rebellious, Kwannie."  Hansol patted the other's head.


Seungkwan opened a door that was unknown to anyone else.  It was a small room, but enough to stay in without having to be too close to each other.  It had two benches inside.  Seungkwan turned his sounds on his phone off, and the small LED light that was on the floor.


"It really is relaxing in here sometimes.." 


Hansol nodded and looked around.  This place seemed to be ventilated rather well, and also stocked with a fridge.  He guesses that Seungkwan hides out here frequently. 


"So, Hansol, what do you do for a living?"



Hansol relaxes while looking into the older's eyes.  "I'm a boring office worker.  But this week was tough - my manager had a client who filed a lawsuit against him.  The thing is, at court, he said it was all my idea for some procedure they guy did.  Of course me being a low-end cubical worker, they believe him.  So I have the option to pay the fine, or go to jail for three years.."  He told every painful detail (that we won't go into).


Seungkwan clinched his fists.  "That's not fair, you didn't even do anything!"  He raised his voice as he stood up.


Hansol shook his head and calmed the other down.  "Don't worry, the fine isn't that large.  I'll just have to do some over time for a little while."  He assured.  He regretted his next question though.  "What do you do?"



Seungkwan nodded as he knew he would be asked the question right back.  He bit his lip as he was trying to find the right words.  "Oh, if it's too much, I won't pry."  He heard the younger in an almost panicked tone.


"No, no... It's fine.. It's just a bit graphic, that's all."  He explained.


Hansol nodded. 


"Hm... well... To really give you a good answer, I have to bring you back to when I was about thirteen."  Seungkwan started.  He noticed the younger was listening diligently.  This gave him more confidence.  "I was walking home one day to see a white van in the driveway.  I noticed that the front door was kicked in.  Like a stupid kid, I figured I could take matters into my own hands and be brave.  I walked into the house..." 


Seungkwan paused to think more on what happened.  "I saw my dad on the sofa.. he was.. I'll spare you the details, but he was shot."  He said, his eyes roaming around the barely lit room.  "Then I walked upstairs to hear my mom screaming-"


"Seungkwan,"  Hansol interrupted, "I don't think it's healthy for you to tell me everything... I don't want you to relive that memory more than you already do." 


Seungkwan nodded and faked a smile.  "So I'm here because Seokmin helped me.. he called the police for me, and told me that his father would foster me.  And so Seokmin got his own appartment, and allows me to live there with him."


Hansol looks down at the light that is blinding him by the millisecond.  Seokmin was right.. I didn't want to know.. Not because of selfishness, but of guilt..  Hansol thought, feeling too much sorrow for the older.


"Ever since then, I cry from the time school started to the time Seokmin helped me: 9am - 4pm."  Seungkwan finished his story.  "I don't work, I just loaf off of Seokmin instead of going to the crazy house." 


Hansol nodded and sat down on the bench that Seungkwan was on.  He put his arms around the older, hugging him tightly.


"But you've helped me.  Not once have I cried over the past when you hugged me last week."  Seungkwan mentioned.


"Your tears earlier though-"

"Tears of joy, Hansol." 



Just then, they heard Seokmin's voice in the cave.


"Seungkwan!  Are you in there?  Hyung's worried!" 


"You should go out.  He's probably worried sick. I would be."  Hansol said.


Seungkwan looked at Hansol while nodding.  "Thank you."



Seungkwan turned off the light and opened the door.  He waited a few more seconds as he saw Seokmin approach through the light coming from outside the cave. 

"I'm here."


He felt arms around him.  "I though Hansol stole you!" 


For the first time, he felt Seokmin's tears on his shirt.


"All times you protected me, Hyung, thank you."  Seungkwan said with a smile.


"Hansol," Seungkwan called out, "come to me." 



Seokmin was confused when he heard the sound of a door open.  He felt the breath of Hansol near them.  He was about to break from the hug, but he felt Seungkwan pull Hansol into the hug.

 



"I think I can finally stop crying." 



 



Well... that was terrible.  I hope yahl didn't hate it too much.  :o
I'll be posting another one-shot on the 19th.  It will be a JeongCheol/JiHan {M} {TW} story. 


Thank you for reading 💗

~~Charlot1081