Floraison

l'esprit de l'escalier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohye awoke to a loud commotion downstairs. She groaned and rolled onto her stomach to bury her face in one of her many throw pillows. It was only 5am she didn't need to be up for another two hours for school! 

"Honey, did you even ask Sohye and Jaehyun before even enrolling them into those programs?" Jung Joori huffed.

"Well they do intend to study medicine so why not?" Sanghyuk sipped his dark roast.

"But still, it looks like you're shipping them off to another country!"

"Relax, my dear. I merely had some good friends send in letters of recommendations. Nothing is set in stone yet."

"That better be the hospital in Zurich you're shipping me off to." Jaehyun said as he treaded down the stairs and snatched an apple off the dining table. 

"How's your German?" 

"Nicht schlecht. Not bad" Jaehyun winked and gave his father a high five. "I cannot believe I get to spend a summer shadowing some of the greatest cardiac surgeons in the world!" 

"You're leaving?" Sohye questioned. 

"Nothing is settled yet. Your letters of reccomendation were sent out last night."  Sanghyuk replied. 

"Are you kidding? Jaehyun will definitely get accepted." 

"How does studying in Boston sound to you Sohye? You said you were interested in neurosurgery like your old man."

"That's so...far away."

"It would only be for a summer." 

"I don't know." 

"I told you to ask them first!" Joori whacked her husband's shoulder. "Sohye, you don't have to go if you don't want to. You are absolutely free to spend your summer however you want." 

"Thanks mom." Sohye gave a small smile. 

 

"Good morning, Sohye!" Jackson sprinted to his newfound best friend. "Whoa you look tired, everything alright?" He pouted at the sight of the poor girl's dark circles. 

"I woke up a bit too early today." Sohye yawned. "Good morning, Jackson." 

"I was wondering, want to come to go to the movies with us? It'll be fun." 

"It's actually my brother's birthday party this weekend. Sorry, maybe another time?"

"Oh really?!" Jackson gasped. " Why didn't you tell me sooner, now I have to get him a gift! I can't come empty handed to a birthday party!" 

"Did you just invite yourself to Jaehyun's 18th birthday?" 

"Is that a no to my gift?"

"Of course you and GOT7 can come." Sohye laughed. It was almost impossible to say no to his puppy dog eyes.

"Alright!" Jackson cheered and draped an arm around her shoulder as they walked t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter