Nouveau Départ

l'esprit de l'escalier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Sohye straightened her black bowtie for the umpteenth time before her older brother, Jaehyun, gently pushed her temple with his index finger. 

"Why do you look like you're about to walk into the depths of Tartarus and today is the end of the world? You got to transfer to your favorite older brother's school. Yuta, Taeil, Doyoung, Taeyong, and the others are excited to see you again too." 

"You're an upperclassman. I'll barely even get to see you." Sohye mumbled.

Jaehyun gave her a small smile. He gently grasped Sohye's hand and led her through the double door main entrance. "Everyone here is pretty nice. I promise you won't have any trouble making new friends." 

"I don't want to get bullied again." 

"I won't let that happen." Jaehyun kissed his sister's forehead. They stopped in front of Sohye's classroom. "I'll see you at lunch, okay?"

"Okay." Sohye pouted slightly but nodded.

"Go make new friends!" He gently pushed her inside. He shot her wink before running off to calculus.

Sohye jumped in shock when she heard multiple girls squeal. 

"No way, Jung Jaehyun is your boyfriend?"

"You're so lucky. Jaehyun oppa is so handsome." 

"Ah, I'm jealous!" 

"The new transfer already captured one of NCT's hearts!" 

Sohye blinked absentmindedly, "NCT?" 

"Your boyfriend is part of the most popular group of boys in the school." 

"Ah." Sohye nodded. "By the way he's not my boyfriend. He's my older brother." 

All the girls collectively nodded and expressed their apologies. 

"Class is in session. Take a seat." Mrs. Hong said as she entered her first history lecture of the day. "Oh, yes. We have a new student." She beamed at Sohye and motioned the girl to come forward. Sohye stood awkwardly in front of her new classmates. She didn't know where to look so she just stared at the clock hanging on the back wall. "Well don't be shy, introduce yourself!" 

Sohye cleared , "My name is Jung Sohye. Nice to meet you all." 

"Where are you from?" 

"Busan." 

"Welcome to Seoul." 

"Thanks." 

"Her brother is Jung Jaehyun!" a girl chimed. 

"Ah, I see. Your brother is quite the star student here. I had him in my class last year as well. I look forward to seeing you work hard just as your brother did." 

Sohye nodded and took the open seat in the back corner of the classroom near the window. Her history, math and chemistry class went by smoothly without a hitch. She decided to stop by her locker before meeting up with Jaehyun for lunch in the east quad. She was just about to switch out her history book for her ethics one when her locker was slammed shut. Sohye gasped as a group of angry looking upperclassman girls surrounded her. 

"So you're Jaehyun oppa's new girlfriend?" the blonde with pink highlights popped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter