First Mission

Game of Chess: Pawn

Jimin couldn’t stop squirming around in the back seat of Jungkook’s lamborghini. Gosh, Jimin loved beautiful, high classed cars and was more than just freaking astonished when he’d left his house and was met with the breathtaking four door lamborghini sitting outside.

“Lamborghini Estoque,” Jungkook said, his head tilted up in pride. “Daddy just bought it for me after I made some improvements. Originally I wanted an Aventador, but I saw this and I just had to have it. Now it’s all mine.” Jimin nodded. Taehyung entered the driver’s seat but not before pulling the back seat door open for Jimin. Needless to say, Jimin was surprised by the polite gesture but didn’t open his mouth to say anything.

When Jungkook finally situated himself in the passenger seat- he’d spent some time marveling at his newest prized possession- Taehyung started the car almost immediately. The awe of being able to sit in the backseat of one of these cars was short lived as he began to shift and squirm uncomfortably. The skin tight, black leather pants and this collar was only helping Jimin become even more uncomfortable.

Jimin knew that the mission was at one of the 7 Point Syndicate’s strip clubs, but didn’t know that he would be posing as one of the strippers there. His eyes had widened considerably when Taehyung explained everything to him. So now, he was sitting here in the back seat of Jungkook’s new car, burning up from anxiousness from thinking so hard about this mission and embarrassment from being in such tight clothes. The only piece of clothing that allowed him to breathe was the shirt that was practically falling off of his shoulder from how big it was.

When Jungkook playfully asked if he liked this mission’s clothing choice, Jimin thought about actually saying no. But when Taehyung uttered how incredibly y he looked, Jimin almost purred. Purred. Like some ing cat. But he just couldn’t deny how much he loved praise. So Jimin kept the outfit on, continuously eating up the suggestive glances Taehyung was throwing his way. If it was just to his obvious love for praise or if it was because Taehyung actually thought he looked nice, Jimin seriously didn’t care.

“Jimin.” Jungkook saying his name caught him completely off guard.

“Yes?”

“You’re moving a lot back there. What is the problem?” Jungkook questioned turning to look at Jimin who’d stopped moving all together.

“N-Nervous, is all. I’ve never d-done this,” Jimin tried.

“I know you haven’t,” Jungkook scoffed. “You haven’t even been out of the ing house in years. I’m sure you don’t even know what a strip club even is. That’s why I’ll have Taehyung explain everything to you.” Jungkook’s gaze averted to Taehyung who’s gaze was focused solely on driving. At the mentioning of his name, he groaned.

“Why the hell can’t you just explain it, Kook?” Taehyung said, keeping his eyes on the road. Despite knowing how close they were, Jimin still found it quite peculiar that Taehyung talked to Jungkook that way sometimes. On multiple occasions, Jimin has witnessed Taehyung deny Jungkook of what he wanted or even just completely ignoring an order Jungkook gave him. Unlike Seokjin who wouldn’t hesitate to punch someone straight in the jaw for not following orders as soon as they were given- Jimin had witnessed this a couple times this past week- Jungkook would only roll his eyes.

“Because I ing said you’re gonna do it,” Jungkook retorted. “Now get to explaining, TaeTae.” Taehyung turned to look at Jungkook briefly. Was he challenging him? Jungkook returned the same expression.

“Alright, Jimin.” Taehyung had obviously lost that battle. “We’re posing as strippers tonight. I am going to take care of the poisoning so you don’t have to worry about that. You and Jungkook are to stroll around the strip club, keeping an eye on men and gathering any information possible from any conversations.”

“Why would they talk about business at a strip club that is owned by the 7 Point Syndicate in the first place?” Jimin found himself wondering aloud.

“We own fifty one percent this strip club, meaning we own, and always will own, the majority of it, but the other owner still owns a good bit that allows them to still have some control. So, these men don’t know that the 7 Point has any ownership over this club because we don’t necessarily have to disclose that info because of fifty one percent. It’s all a game, Jiminie. However, to stay even more secluded, these men like to go upstairs to where the male strip club is. Probably thought that is a better place to hide because no one would expect them there.” Jungkook scoffed at the end almost as if the attempt to hide was stupid all together.

“You remember the men that you are supposed to keep an eye on, correct?” Taehyung asked, glancing up at the rearview mirror for just a split second to look back at Jimin.

“Yes.”

Both Jungkook and Taehyung nodded in approval.

In just a few more minutes of silence, Taehyung made a sudden turn into an alleyway between some buildings that he hadn’t even noticed. No one would ever notice them really, not unless they were specifically looking for the building. It was hidden perfectly in plain sight. Similar to the 7 Point and the Lotus. You knew it was there, yet, at the same time, you didn’t.

The bright headlights were turned off as soon as the car came to a complete stop. Jimin continued to stare outside of the car window, wondering exactly where they were. Even though he probably should be used to the unknown by now, Jimin still felt that same amount of fear rise in his chest as he strained his neck and eyes to pointlessly look around at nothing but the graffitied walls of the buildings the car was between.

“The car shouldn’t be seen from over here and we have multiple ways to get here if one route somehow becomes blocked,” Taehyung supplied. Their conversation had suddenly caught Jimin’s attention. Despite not being able to see much of anything but some vague shadows as the two moved around in the front seats, Jimin could see that the two were pulling something over the lower half of their faces. Masks?

 

Seemingly hearing Jimin’s thoughts, Jungkook turned around with the mask on to look back at Jimin who was still stiffly sitting in the backseat. Almost submissively and obediently.

“We ordered all of the strippers tonight to wear masks so you don’t draw too much attention to yourself with that mask of yours,” Jungkook said. A smile spread across his face as he reached for Jimin’s thigh. “Calm down, Jimin. Even with half of your face covered, I can tell you’re frowning from being so nervous. You’re with us and you’re safe. Plus, this mission is perfectly simple and no one will get killed, okay.”

Jimin almost scoffed when those words left Jungkook’s lips. He wondered if that was sarcasm because even with only a week’s experience of being with the 7 Point Syndicate, Jimin was well aware of what happened when a mission didn’t go exactly as planned. He recalls quite precisely a ‘simple’ mission with Hoseok that didn’t go as perfectly as he wanted. Hoseok had shortly told Jimin to stay in the car as Hoseok rushed into the building with his fists clenched in anger at everyone’s ‘stupidity.’ After what felt like an eternity of sitting in the car alone, Hoseok had came back with blood staining his bruised hands and fresh, wet blood soaking through his pristine white dress shirt. Jimin was sure that some of the blood was on his tie too but his tie was already a dark red, the exact color of blood, so it almost didn’t really matter.

“I trust you,” Jimin breathed out without a second thought.

“Good. Because it’s time to go,” Taehyung said. With one last smile at Jimin, Jungkook turned to push open the car door so Jimin follows after almost like he had been ordered to.

Jungkook leads the way down the alleyway as they all follow the path in silence. It felt like they had been walking for about a block total when they had came upon a rusty door. Jimin could hear the blasting EDM music fainting from out here. His senses seemed to spike and the adrenaline coursed even quicker. This was his first mission, and he was so scared.

“You got the poison, Tae?”

“Yup.”Taehyung slipped a small valve from the pocket of his shirt and showed it to Jungkook who nodded, before he hiding it again. “I’m gonna go straight to that son of a . You and Jimin stay alert for any blackmail.”

“I know that, Taehyung. Don’t forget your place,” Jungkook warned. Taehyung only hunched his shoulders. He pulled open the heavy door, the low bass of the music getting a bit louder and the mixture of colored lights spilling out. Taehyung quickly slipped inside of the building without as much as a glance their way, leaving Jimin and Jungkook outside alone.

Jungkook turned to Jimin and ran his fingers through Jimin’s hair a few times. Even though Jungkook was younger, he was still taller than Jimin. He liked that power. “Do you know all of the men?”

“Yes, I do,” Jimin reiterated for the second time.

“What’s your job tonight?”

“Listen around for any information to use as blackmail. Don’t draw too much attention to myself.”

“Exactly. So make sure you play the role of a stripper.”

Jimin’s eyes widened as he remembered something. He had no idea how to do that. He only had a vague idea of what a stripper did, and he had already told himself that he would stop relying on the things he’s learned from television so Jimin was completely in the dark here.

“Just follow the lead of everyone else, Jiminie.” Jimin keened at the nickname. Oh, how much he missed his brothers calling him that. “Just do your best to fit in. Sway your pretty little figure. If anyone wants to touch tell them you belong to Seokjin and they’ll back off in just a second.”

‘Belong.’ There was that possessive wording again as if he was an object. Even though he didn’t like the sound of it, he nodded his head in understanding. Jungkook fumbled with his mask a bit more before grabbing at Jimin’s arm and pulling him into the building. The blaring music got even louder and the flashing lights of blue and white blinded Jimin momentarily.

“The first floor is where the women dance. We are going to go upstairs where all the y men dance,” Jungkook informed, his grasp on Jimin’s arm only tightening as they maneuvered around men and women alike to get to the staircase on the other side of the room. The strippers were dressed in as little clothes as possible that it made Jimin blush profusely under his anti pollution mask. Jungkook had indeed lived up to his promise because all of the strippers were wearing masks as they walked around the oddly sweet smelling space of the strip club.

Only when they were ascending the staircase that Jungkook let go of Jimin’s arm. And, of course, Jimin began blushing even more when they made it to the staircase and all of the half women were replaced with equally as men. He couldn’t even find it within himself to look up from the carpeted flooring.

“Jimin, don’t be shy,” Jungkook quipped. “They all play nice. Even the women downstairs are fun to play with. If you do well with this mission.” Jungkook leaned in close to Jimin’s ear and even though his face was covered with a mask, Jimin could clearly hear what he whispered as the song being played came to an end and another fast paced pop song followed. “I’ll let you play with whoever you want in here. Male or female. Tall or short. Soft or strong. It’s gonna be all your pick but only if you do well.”

“Yes, Jungkook. I will do my best. I promise,” Jimin responded. Jungkook quirked an eyebrow before turning and sauntering deeper into the groups of well dressed men and women that were all but gawking at the employees around them. Leaving Jimin all alone with his thoughts. And as much as Jimin would love to stand here and waddle in his thoughts, he knew that he had a job to do. Not for Jungkook and Taehyung, but for Baekhyun and Jongin. His actual brothers.

He reminded himself of what his mission was. Blend in with the crowd and collect blackmail from some men. Jimin knew who these men were. Kim Hyun Woo. Jung Kiha. Kim Chanwon.

Three of his Bon-Hwa’s closest men that are suspected to involved in some type of foul play, ultimately making Namjoon’s job a lot harder. Jimin couldn’t understand how they didn’t expect this from some of the men. Namjoon was young and also shamelessly involved with a man. While Namjoon was wise, intelligent, and definitely intimidating, most men didn’t know that. All they knew was that he was young and that alone was enough for them to underestimate Namjoon. That wasn’t in their best interest. Jimin felt a bit bad for these men and what was coming to them. But there was no saving them now. They were the ones to blame for this. To say these men had been involved in the the mafia business for so long, Jimin assume they would know one of the most important rules here. Something he’d only learned in just a month.

Never underestimate what one can do in this business just by a few facts or looks.

They all were living proof of that. These men were so, so stupid in Jimin’s opinion.

There was a sudden weight against the small of his back that startled Jimin from his thoughts causing him to whip his head around. It was one of the strippers. He was cute and big eyed.

“Do you need anything?” Jimin questioned, deciding that now was the time he would need to start his mission.

“Are you Jimin?”

Jimin looked at the wide eyed, petite man and didn’t say anything for a split second. Even with that mask on, Jimin could tell this man was quite pretty.

He remembered what Jongin said when he’d asked Jimin to repeat everything back to him that day. He had to be confident in his answers, and the more time he spent thinking only would lessen his credibility and power. “Yes, I am. Now, is there anything that you need?” Jimin felt oddly powerful by the conviction in his voice. Even if it was fake, it was strong.

“No. I was sent by Taehyung actually. He wants you to walk around with the drinks. Gives you a good cover,” the deer eyed boy said. He raised his hand to point at the bar across the floor of the club. Grab the trays from the refrigerator behind the bar. There’s only three so make sure you walk around with them until you find the men you’re supposed to. Don’t blow this, Jimin.”

“What’s your name? And how do you know all of this?” Jimin found himself questioning before the boy could saunter away.

“I’m Luhan. I work with Seokjin and Jo Kwon sometimes. I’ve heard a lot about you. I can see why they all have taken a liking to you.” Luhan let his gaze trail down Jimin’s frame before traveling back up to meet the younger’s eyes. It made a shiver run straight down Jimin’s spine. He was both intimidated and oddly pleased.

The idea that they’ve taken a liking to him scared Jimin. He wondered what they wanted to do with him. But yet, that same idea had Jimin keening. The thought of being praised, loved, and appreciated by them all was so uplifting.

“I hope to see you around, Luhan,” Jimin said absentmindedly. Luhan smirked before walking off. Taking a quick moment to pull his thoughts back to his mission, Jimin moved along the walls of the club to get to the bar. To him, that was the best way to avoid any unwanted attention, avoiding the crowd in general. He found the fridge behind the bar with some difficulty because it undoubtedly blended in with the black wall behind it. The flashing lights and booming music weren’t really helping him stay oriented either.

He carefully pulled out a tray of shot glasses filled with some red looking substance. Fortunately there was a sticky note on it because Jimin didn’t want to go around with a tray of glasses giving out only god knows what.

“Jello shots,” he muttered to himself. Kicking the door of the fridge closed, Jimin did a quick scan of the room. It was pretty packed because it was a Friday night, and while that normally would’ve caused JImin some anxiety, he reassured himself that it was a good thing.

Honestly, Jimin had no clear, elaborate plan for tonight. All he knew was that he had to walk around with these drinks until he found the three men he’d been looking for. He still had no idea how he would even eavesdrop without being noticed. But that would have to wait until that step actually came. The first step was finding them. So Jimin, with some hesitancy, began roaming around the club. He had his strictly focused on the patterned carpet that Jimin couldn’t really tell the color of because of the lights that were currently giving him a headache.

As he wandered, some people waved him over and asked for some shots and even flirted a bit with him. Jimin would only giggle and turn an obvious shade of red that shown through the lack of decent lighting. This innocent act- well not so much of an act- was actually working for Jimin as people found this humbleness and innocence cute and even cuter when Jimin would attempt to be just as flirtatious back.

Jimin remembered one man named Yixing. He had insisted that Jimin ‘play’ with him to which he responded with a shy, “sorry, but I belong to Seokjin.” It felt weird on his tongue.

“Is that so?”

Jimin had shook his head, struggling to maintain the intense eye contact that Jimin had never been on the receiving end of.

“Well if that ever changes, you can always ask JoKwon where to find me.” The hand that Jimin hadn’t even known was on his waist, the hot breath on his ear, and the tall dominant presence behind him had disappeared.

Jimin honestly had no idea what to think of that.

 

When Jimin was walking around with the third and last tray of jello shots, he noticed something that he hadn’t before: a very discreet space that was behind the wall of one of the bar areas. Jimin only noticed it because of a loud cackle of laughter from back there. Taking the last of the jello shots with him, Jimin quickly thought of a plan and carried out with it, only hoping that he was good enough an actor to pull this off.

Jimin entered the space with just a bit of sway to his hips. About eight men were back there around a long table playing a card game, instantly confusing Jimin as he considered the possibility that these weren’t the men he was looking for. That was until he’d seen Chanwon’s slender, narrow face that was completely red from doubling over in laughter at something one of them had said. Jimin’s breath caught his throat. This was his chance to prove himself.

“I was wondering when those were gonna come around. It’s my favorite part of Friday nights,” Kiha exclaimed. When Jimin realized that he was referring to the jello shots, Jimin rushed over.

“I’m new here so I wasn’t aware of this area,” Jimin explained as he sauntered towards the table to set the entire tray down. “You guys can have the entire tray if you would like.”

“How sweet of you, cupcake,” Kiha uttered from the chair he was sitting in next to where Jimin twas standing. He suddenly s his hand towards the inside of Jimin’s thigh causing him to go stiff. He’s never been touched anywhere near there before. Even though Jimin was sure Kiha noticed how tense Jimin’s muscles became when he touched him, Kiha never retracted his hand. Just continued to pet the inside of Jimin’s thigh.

“You say you’re new here, right?” Hyunwoo asked in an obvious slur. He seemed so drunk. Jimin was surprised the man was still awake. A man next Hyunwoo that Jimin definitely didn’t recognize from any files, looked at Hyunwoo with a raised brow.

“Yes, I am,” Jimin responded.

“Did you run into some other employees that supposedly were new today. J-Jungkook and T-T-Taehyung? Those f-ers.” The chatter of the room came to a halt.

“Hey, why don’t you go get us some tequila shots?” Kiha said, his hand finally leaving Jimin’s inner thigh.

“U-um, sure. Of course.” Despite the fact that he wanted to run out of that room, Jimin took his time so he didn’t show just how shaken he was. They knew about tonight. They knew that Jungkook and Taehyung were here tonight. There was no ing doubt that they had probably planned something with that knowledge.

“,” Jimin spat. His first instinct was to go and look for Jungkook and Taehyung immediately, but then something dawned on him. He needed information. More information and judging by the way that everything halted in there, Jimin was sure that there was something more to this. Much more.

So instead of leaving, Jimin kneeled behind the wall that seperated the space from the rest of the club and strained his hearing to be able to hear the conversation over the music.

“What the , Hyunwoo? You mention that in front of some random stripper?” A deep voice growled.

“It doesn’t really matter, Jaebong. Just like you said, he’s a stripper. What is he gonna do or say?” Kiha said. He still sounded a bit unsure though.

“Shut up, Yejin. You better hope they’ve gotten the two brats by now. Hopefully killed em.”

“Maybe so. Jaewook said he hasn’t seen them in the last hour or so,” another voice said. Jimin was up and off of the ground in just two swift movements. His thoughts were racing with things that he needed to do. Find Jungkook and Taehyung. Write these ing names down somewhere before he forgets them. Find the easiest way to escape since people that weren’t even associated with the 7 Point were here.

Jimin decided that, first, he needed to write these names down. Trying to avoid the thought of Jungkook and Taehyung being dead because of him, he searched behind the bar from something to write with. Anything.

He had almost given up hope until he saw the whiteboard on the wall displaying the message that tonight was Friday so “free jello shots all night!!” Snatching the marker from the metal holder at the bottom of the white board, Jimin wrenched his sleeve up his arm. Seeing that he had no time to look for paper or napkins, Jimin opted to write everything on his arm.

Yijen Kiha Hyunwoo JaeBong Jaewook Chanwon

He racked his brain a few more times before pocketing the marker in his tight leather pants pocket the best he could and maneuvering from behind the bar. Jimin blinked several times and attempted to gulp down his thoughts. His mind was swarming with the worst thoughts as his eyes watered. The mission didn’t go as planned so it was on the center of Jimin’s mind that blood was going to be shed tonight.

But despite this overwhelming, uneasy feeling, Jimin kept moving. Right now, he had to find Taehyung and Jungkook. He didn’t know where he was going, but he just continued to walk around the club, weaving through the crowds of people as he looked around for a familiar face.

Jimin’s feet were taking him up to the third floor of the club before his mind even registered the fact that he was doing it. He exhaled a deep breath that he hadn’t known he was holding as the booming music became more distant. There was no music being played on this floor. No bars, no crowds, no colorful, flashing lights. It felt like a weight had been lifted from his chest. Judging by the several doors that lined the walls of this floor, Jimin was sure that this was where the private things happened like private dances and stripteases. He was sure that sometimes people even went further than that.

Jimin shook his head. He couldn’t just go to each door, interrupting whatever the hell was going on in there, looking for two men that weren’t even actual employees. Still racking his mind for an idea, Jimin began roaming the space. Roaming and roaming until he heard a name.

“-Yoongi.”

Jimin stopped, drawing in a sharp breath. Backtracking to the door that he’d just passed that was opened just a bit, Jimin stood outside of it. Hopefully no one came up here or left a room to see him eavesdropping on sounds of others’ having .

“How the hell did he even get the files? I was sure that we covered all of the evidence profusely under some of the most protected security,” a deep, scratchy voice said. “I don’t know what happened, Jae Wook.” That definitely wasn’t Taehyung or Jungkook. But Jae Wook was definitely in there, so Jimin decided to stay a little longer.

“Because he’s Min ing Yoongi. But I got something for him. Just you wait until tonight ends and he finds out what the hell happened to his ing brother. He thinks that this mafia bull gives him that power he was lacking, he better think again.”

To say that Jimin has never heard of this Jaewook guy, he seemed to have a lot of power, knowledge, and connections. The 7 Point Syndicate has more threats than he’d originally thought. It’s people inside and outside that are trying to sabotage them. That’s why they needed Jimin.

But what caught his attention even more was what he said about Yoongi’s brother. Jungkook. Had he already been ambushed? Had he already been taken away? Dead? Where was Taehyung? Did he even complete the poisoning?

Jimin didn’t even resist the urge to run this time. He sprinted back the way he came and down the staircase until he reached the first floor where the women danced. There, he bumped harshly into someone, almost knocking the both of them over if Jimin had been running any faster.

“What the ?” A familiar voice scolded. Jin. Jimin gasped as he looked up at Seokjin who was scowling angrily at him until he realized who he was exactly. “Why are you running? Is someone chasing you?”

“N-n-n-no, but I-I just-” Jimin’s mind couldn’t even form the right words to explain anything. He hadn’t known he was so shaken by the thought of Jungkook and Taehyung being possibly dead.

“Jimin. I need you to calm down and talk to me,” Seokjin muttered close to his ear. He softly grabbed for Jimin’s hand and pulled him to the space under the staircase. Jin’s thumb caressed at the back of Jimin’s hand.

“They know!” Jimin forced. He wanted to just rip this stupid mask off of his face but he knew that that wasn’t a choice at the moment. “They know about this mission before we even got here. They were expecting Taehyung and Jungkook to be here and they planned accordingly.” Jimin wrenched his sleeve up to his elbow and showed Seokjin the names that Jimin messily scribbled onto the skin of his forearm.

Seokjin took hold of his arm and it only took a second of looking for him to mumble, “Jaewook? He’s here?”

Jimin nodded frantically, hoping that Seokjin would be able to think of something, anything. He usually did.

“Alright, Jimin. Listen closely. I don’t know where those two either, but the best place to look would be out towards the back where you entered. You should be able to find them in that alleyway because I’m sure they aren’t in here if some men got to them. They shouldn’t have gone far though. When you get to them, get to the penthouse immediately and tell Namjoon that there’s a code blue going on. I’ll make sure that things under control here.” Seokjin ed the few buttons of his waistcoat to pull out a pistol, handing it Jimin. “Hoseok taught you the basics you need to know about a gun to be able to protect yourself. Now go.”

“But what about you?”

“I was able to protect myself from three men with some simple martial arts tactics and a switchblade. You need that gun more than I do. Now, Jimin, go. I’ll see you when I get there.” Seokjin placed a hand on Jimin’s cheek.

With that surge of confidence, Jimin was off towards the back of the backdoors of the club with the gun pressed firmly in his hand. Finally accepting that blood was going to be shed, Jimin had a new agenda.

Ensure that the blood that was shed wasn’t from Taehyung and Jungkook and getting out of here alive.