Ch 3

Wait for me

Most would say that this odd pair wouldn't last long, but for this pair, the butterfly seem to have a lifespan as long as the wolf does. Making their relationship long lasting.

A bloodthirsty wolf and a timid butterfly..


who would have thought that it will be such a great pair?


No one would... but since that day, the odd pairs of the jungle started to show.

First, was the odd relationship between a fruit bat and a frog. Then there was a cute interaction between two birds of the different kinds;  a penguin clinging onto the neck of a swan. And lastly, which most probably be the oddest pair, a sweet relationship between a nocturnal hunter, an owl with its prey, a blue betta.

Many will think that it's odd or some will think it's platonic or some may even despise but it doesn't bother these pairs. These pairs doesnt care what the others think, because they have each other and that's what matter to them the most, having their partners for life.

The wolf strolled along the same pathway it once strolled when it was a puppy, the wolf fondly remembers every single thing that had happened there, from its encounter with the caterpillar, the cocoon and to that faithful day. While this calm beast strolled, a butterfly flew close to it, either flying around the wolf or perching on one of its furry ears making it twitch.

'Are you thinking of what I'm thinking?'

The wolf heard the butterfly in its mind and nodded before starting to skip around like a puppy it once was. Leaves scrunched under its big paws creating a nostalgic feeling for the wolf.

'Stop doing that! What are you like 8 months?'

The wolf laughed at hearing the teasing tone of the butterfly and continue skipping around while shutting it's eyes close to experience it's full excitement.

'Hey stop, you're making me dizzy-'

*Crunch~*

The wolf ceased it's jump of joy as it heard an unfamiliar sound...

Silence..

The wolf's eyes shot open but it stayed rooted to the ground. It slowly lift up her front paw before shakily turning it to look at what she had stepped. It was..

Bunch of tiny shattered pieces of bluish green objects.

"Oh my god"


The wolf was still frozen, it's brain not accepting the fact that it might have crushed..

The wolf came back to its senses and started moving frantically to find the butterfly. Tears form at the rims of its dark orbs as it whimpered and cried while searching for the butterfly that it crushed, hoping that it was just a prank.

The wolf didn't give up, it searched and searched but it still couldn't find it. The anger in the wolf was rekindling, the wolf started to grow larger and it's glossy eyes started to turn red making it look like it's crying blood. The more angry the wolf become, the more it wanted to punish itself for being so disobedient. If it would have listened, the butterfly would still be there with it fluttering around and resting on its ears to irritate it.

But it wasn't there, the butterfly wasn't here anymore, wasnt with the wolf anymore.. just because of how foolish and stubborn the wolf was acting.

The wolf was fuming, being angry at itself, it wanted to punish itself for this behaviour, it wanted to apologise to the butterfly

By killing itself.

But no, it didn't do that, it couldn't bring itself to do it. The wolf sat down, slowly accepting the fact that the butterfly was gone and that it had to move on as the butterfly would want it to do. The wolf laid down on the cold ground and close it's eyes, slowly calming itself down. The wolf doesn't want to live anymore as it doesn't have a reason, the butterfly was it's reason to always wake up the next day just to see its beautiful eden green wing fluttering before it. But it's gone now, it's reason is gone.

The wolf's thoughts were interrupted when it felt a light object on the tip of its nose. The wolf slowly opens its eyes to see a butterfly that looks exactly like it's butterfly.

"Oh my god, it's here to haunt me"

The wolf said to itself as the butterfly flutter it's wings. The wolf's eyes widen as big as it could go after coming into realisation.


"Oh my god! Oh my godddd"

The wolf exclaimed surprised as it sat up straight which made the butterfly flutter around it.

"I thought I've crushed you, oh my god.. YOU'RE ALIVE"
 The wolf yelped happily as it stood and walked while looking at the fluttering butterfly. The wolf slowly spin around to follow the butterfly's movement.

'Of course I'm not, dummy, I may be small but I'm more faster than your slow '

The wolf chuckled at the butterfly's response and twirled joyfully. If any animals saw them right now, they would think they were crazy. Maybe they are, but for each other. They were at the cliffs where their first encounter had took placed. This time the wolf didn't trip on a branch, it was much more alert than before. They had grown so much since that encounter. The wolf smiled.

As both of them continue their little dance that would look like a slow happy dance for man, sparks were being left as a trail by the butterfly. The butterfly and the wolf didn't notice it as they both were in their little worlds while enjoying each other's company. The sparks grew into a trail of light as the butterfly flew closer to the wolf before resting on the tip of its nose.

Suddenly, a bright light emitted from the two. As soon as the light fades, feminine laughters could be heard throughout the forest. A blonde girl with a doll-like face landed into the arms of a tall raven haired girl which carried her bridal style.

The raven haired girl open her eyes to see brown orbs looking back at her dark orbs in which she smiled into.

"I thought I crushed you"
The raven haired girl said while pouting which made the latter chuckled.

'Why would you think like that, Hyejoo yah'
The blonde girl said in teasing tone while poking the tip of Hyejoo's nose.

"Well cause you're so tiny compared to me and you sound so crunchy too and you're really really really sm-"

The blonde girl cut her off by capturing her lips with her own. Hyejoo wasn't surprise, both of them had wanted this and now they can enjoy it but..

Hyejoo pulled away from the kiss which made the blonde girl frown.

"Hey, you never told me yo-"
'It's Chaewon now shut up'

Chaewon cut her off again and surged forward to capture Hyejoo's lips again in which Hyejoo smile throughout their kiss.

~
UwU

Thanks for reading!! I hope yall enjoy my story , I also wanna apologise again for those mistakes hehe><. Also please look forward for more stories by me as I may have something on my mind;)