Ch 2

Wait for me

It was a bright morning, the sun shone so brightly that it could melt off all the ice from the trees. For the break of spring, it's normal. The many animals of the forest stretched and shaked off the feeling of slumber before carrying on with their daily routines.

The wolf walks down a narrow path created by the many wolves' leader before her to have an easier way down to the riverbanks. As the wolf walks down the path, it observes it's surroundings, breathing in the fresh air after a long winter. Families of rabbits and other furry animals guide their little offsprings around the forest as they carry out their routines.

The wolf lowered it's head near the riverbanks to take a drink out of the crystal clear waters.

'Isn't that the wolf that was said to-'
'Shush,  you aren't suppose to say that infront of her'
'Why do you care if she doenst? She should know that she's a monster? She's-'
 The animals stopped talking when they noticed the wolf were looking at them. The red glint in its eyes shimmer ever so slightly. The wolf turn on its heel to start returning to its territory leaving the gossip behind.

Honestly, the wolf doesn't bother about what the animals thought of her. Her father told her that she shouldn't care about them before he passed. So she did what her father told her. But, the wolf does feel a little lonely sometimes.

Little did the wolf know, a butterfly was following and watching it's every move. Feeling pity for the wolf.

who would want to be with a wolf? A heartless, bloodthirsty predator?

Nobody

***

Being the only one protecting it's territory is challenging, especially when it's to fend off outsiders.

"Give up Hyejoo! You're outnumbered'
Growled the alpha of an outsider pack.

'Do you think your pack could scare me? I'm not interested in this fight, just do me a favor and leave my these cliffs and my territory'

The wolf said uninterested which adds more fuel to the outsiders' anger.

"Your territory? It's mine now after we're done with you. Besides, a female shouldn't have a territory especially a loner like you. Why keep such a great land for no reason? At least have a little fun with it"
The alpha mocked which made his pack members cackled.

'Ha! At least my territory weren't taken away from me like yours!'

The outsider pack stop laughing and immediately snarled at that statement.

'Why you little... GET HER!'
The alpha ordered

The wolf wasn't intimidated by the outsider's pack charging to her angrily. She stayed calm and watched her opponents' every move.

Pain shrieks and whimpers were echoed throughout the forest and the cliffs. It was a full moon today, the moonlight shone on to the bloody ground of where the said fight was happening making the blood shimmer.

Two wolves were thrown back as they landed on hard rocks. One of them nearly fell off the cliff.

The remaining wolves including the alpha were heavily injured but they managed to stand.. barely. Their pained expressions were focusing on the beast infront of them.

The wolf was no longer known as a wolf anymore. It's size was bigger than a regular wolf and it's fur were rough and sharp as if it were standing straight up to appear as a scarier and bigger threat to its opponents. It's claws and teeth became sharper as they made unflattering marks onto the shiny rock surfaces of the cliffs. But the most scariest feature of this said beast was it's eyes.. it's glowing red eyes that looks like laser beams were projecting from the eyes of this beast that would pierce through their skin in seconds.

Every breath this beast took, comes out as a growl. The outsiders were frozen to the ground till the alpha dare mutter fearfully:

"W-what are y-you?"

The outsider pack ran away cowardly before getting their answers as the beast growled at them loudly. The beast watch their escaping figures till it disappeared from its vision.

The beast let out a heavy sigh before trying to calm itself down but it was getting harder to do so as it's most darkest and deepest feelings started to cloud it's mind with anger and misery.

These were the times that the wolf long for comfort, someone who can be there for it but who would want to do that?
If only the wolf didn't have this beast inside of it, it would less likely be feared by the inhabitants of this forest. It wouldn't be despised by the animals, it wouldn't be cast out, it wouldn't be made fun of and maybe it would have a companion.

But no. What did the wolf do in its past life to deserve this.

It was about to head home when it realised it was the full moon. As tradition, the wolf climbed the cliff and as it reach its peak, it let out a bone-chilling howl.

As the wolf finish howling, a sudden crack of lighting was emitted across the skies and came a heavy downpour.

'Gosh even the gods hates me'
Thought the wolf as it winced slightly to the stinging pain of water touching it's deep wounds.

As it was about to walk home, it spotted something.. a butterfly with an eden green wing, fluttering around aimlessly near some trees. Most would ignore it. However this wolf was still in its beast form was infuriated.

"How can some creature be so happy when there's creatures like me suffering?!?"
The wolf muttered angrily as it's eyes glow red again and it charged at the flying creature.

~

The butterfly rest on a tree branch as it spectate the battle between the wolf and the outsiders.

As it saw the form the wolf had took, it was in awe. It wasn't scared of it but felt pity for the wolf. This was the reason why the animals were scared of it.

As the butterfly was lost in its thoughts, it didn't realise that the wolf was charging at it till a sudden crack of the lightning jolt it out of its daze and managed to escape the grasp of the wolf.

The butterfly flew around the wolf as the wolf angrily tried to kill the butterfly.

The cliffs where once the wolf and the butterfly had their first encounter will most likely be the last.

The ground where once filled with leaves that scrunch up to the perky ears of animals in the forest is now a battlefield where a scent of water and blood is in the air as well as claw marks and blood on the once flawless grounds.

The light happy jumpy steps of the puppy became furious pounces that splashes puddles with one step.

The happy go lucky puppy became a wolf clouded by agony and anger which only have one goal.. is to kill that goddamn butterfly and whoever that pissed it off.

Growls and snarls were heard as well as red beams of light were cast out to the forest as the wolf chased after the butterfly.

Little did this wolf know that this encounter would change its life.

The wolf fueled with anger was only paying attention to one thing, the butterfly and how to kill it. It didn't notice a branch, the same branch it that it had tripped on when it was a puppy. It tripped and fell, snout first again.

This time, the wolf didn't open its eyes. It didn't want to see life anymore, it wanted to just give up on its life. What's the use of this miserable life anyways? The beast inside of it has brought nothing good to it, only pain and sadness.

The wolf's breathing became steadier and was returning to its normal size. As it was calming down, it felt a light object on the tip of its nose.

The wolf didn't need to open its eyes to know it was the butterfly. Since it had finally calmed down, it finally came back to its senses.

"Why did you wait for me?"
Questioned the wolf.

'You told me too'

The wolf heard the butterfly in its mind.

"You still believed in those ? That was so long ago, just leave like the rest of those fake people."

'Yes I do believe in those and I won't leave. You said we be friends and even more than that and i will do that. From now on you're not alone anymore, you have me..'

The wolf let out a sigh as the response.

'Your father said as a leader, you're supposed to protect your territory right? Will you protect me?'

"Yes"

After that statement, both creatures stayed silent as both of them enjoyed each other's company.

The wolf felt lighter than usual, it's beast inside of it was suddenly extinguish. The wolf can finally see life in a different view, a good one.

Who knew that a butterfly could tame a wolf?