Incoming!

Yellow looks good on you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month pass by before she knows it.

 

A month since patrol duties with Jiwoo.

 

Sooyoung was sure she'd hate every bit of patrolling in a pair, especially how she nearly had to do it with a fifth year Gryff until Sooyoung says she's going with Jiwoo. Don't get her wrong, she wouldn't have minded if only the Lions were less prideful and stop antagonising every Slytherins.

 

To her surprise, Jiwoo is a pleasant company; even better if only she weren't always so loud. Still, it was an enjoyable time, the banters they would have and Jiwoo's curiosity as to what would Sooyoung, a Slytherin, do in many hypothetical scenarios she comes up with.

 

Curiosity kills the cat, Sooyoung said

 

But satisfaction brought it back, Sooyoung also said after replying the first ever scenario Jiwoo gave her.

 

It lets the Hufflepuff understand the Slytherins, or one specific Slytherin whereas Sooyoung enjoys a nice change of pace.

 

Twice a week wasn't enough, perhaps both enjoyed their time together more than they thought, it was Jiwoo's suggestion to pick up the third night which Sooyoung didn't mind at all.

 

"One day I'll get you on a broom."

 

Jiwoo shrieks away, face painted with undisguised fear. "No thanks, I broke my arm back in my first year."

 

"You can't be that bad."

 

"Um, yes? I am???" Jiwoo frowns as she continues talking about her experience. "They made me sit out since."

 

"Well you're talking to the ace chaser of Slytherin," Said Sooyoung in a slightly boasting manners. "If I can catch a quaffle

then I can catch you."

 

"Jiwoo's still not getting on a broom." She insists.

 

"One day, Jiwoo," Sooyoung reiterates, a smirk occupying her face. "Watch me."

 

"I know you're gonna make me!!" Jiwoo yells before getting shushed by the Slytherin. "You always find a way."

 

"I always find a way."

 

"Jiwoo likes Slytherins." Out of no-where, the Hufflepuff yet again voiced her opinion on the one house others seems to hate.

 

"What's the reason this time?"

 

"I don't know, loyalty?"

 

Raising her brows in questioning, Sooyoung replies, "Shouldn't you associate that with the Gryff?"

 

"I would, but Slytherin's loyalty are rarer and I think it more valuable." Jiwoo shoots a smile. "Would you say I'm your friend?"

 

"Believe it or not, yes, I consider you one of my close friends."

 

"So hypothetically," Jiwoo says, "If someone were jinxing a student out of jealousy or whatever and you saw it, what would you do?"

 

"Tell them off and either take their points or detention."

 

"Then what if it's me getting jinxed?"

 

"Jinxed them back."

 

Jiwoo breaks into a bigger smile, though somewhat worried about the previous statement at the same time, she was glad to find a proof for her point. Not to mention how there's no hesitation in that answer.

 

Sooyoung doesn't often say her opinions outright to other houses, and with how stubborn she can be, she would never admit a lot of things. At least not directly. Jiwoo gets that out of the older Slytherin through questions like these.

 

Sooyoung walks with the girl back to her common room, idling a little more by walking a bit slower. Jiwoo jumps around and about, shuffling her feet forward like a penguin the closer she gets to the doors hidden behind piles of barrels.

 

The Hufflepuff jumps and lands on two feet, looking up slightly to smile at Sooyoung. The same old smile that left the Slytherin to wonder if Jiwoo even sleeps with it.

 

"Stop smiling so wide, you're creeping me out."

 

"Sooyoungie."

 

"Yes?"

 

"You're pretty."

 

"Yes, Jiwoo." She rolls her eyes with a chuckle. "I heard you the first time."

 

"Goodnight!"

 

"Goodnight to you, too." Sooyoung waves back before swivel around, leaving the Hufflepuff to hums to herself as she enters her common room. She wonders if it's as warm and cosy as the rumours say in there whereas Slytherin common room is on a fine line between homey and gothic.

 

Funny how the two rooms can both be below the ground and yet radiates different energy.

 

— — — — —

 

"Big day soon!!" Jungeun yells energetically. Her face was accompanied by a large grin on her face, unlike her two other friends. "You two looks so dead. It's Quidditch!!"

 

"Jungeun, it's almost a week away." Sooyoung takes a bite of her Halloween feast. Staring at series of mixed with primary coloured robes and scarves whereas she looks at her own row of greens with a sigh. "Why are most of the Slytherins so unfriendly? This is depressing to watch." It's been like that every Halloween feast for her.

 

Hyejoo looks up to take a few glances around her. "Purebloods and looking down on everyone, I guess." She pauses to take a bite of her food. "Not you, though, Sooyoung."

 

"Honestly, I swear over half of these idiots have a superiority complex."

 

Jungeun nearly spits out her drink, trying to retain her laughter at the sixth year's brutally honest comment. "You're not entirely wrong."

 

"She's rarely wrong." Hyejoo giggles.

 

"Still, look at how depressing our side is." Sooyoung sighs and stares at the green scarves one after another in sympathy. "The Gryff should be the prideful one but compare to Slytherins?" She sighs again. "We'd have more friends in other houses if Slytherins aren't like this."

 

"You hate every house including your own." Jungeun laughs.

 

"Generally?" Sooyoung nods. "I do."

 

"Sooyoung!" There she is, the sunshine itself with an inseparable smile, following with a blonde friend. She sinks into the empty spaces next to her patrol partner. Other Slytherins were afraid to throw a fit with Sooyoung glaring at them, so they remained silent and accept the two Hufflepuffs in their table.

 

"Oh!! Junguen!" Jiwoo gasp. "I didn't know you're friends with Sooyoung."

 

The sliver head laughs at the energetic Hufflepuff. "Jiwoo, you know way too many people to even remember."

 

"You two are friends?" Sooyoung frown.

 

"Yeah, we grew up together and I have some classes with her," Jungeun replies. "Why do you think I know how exhausting she can be?"

 

"Oh, and I'm Jiwoo!" She finally introduces herself with a friendly smile. "And she's Chaewon."

 

A tinier voice said timidly, "Hello."

 

"You already heard Jiwoo but I'm Jungeun." She greets shortly, returning the gesture of a smile.

 

Also quieter, Hyejoo mumbles in her baby voice, "Hyejoo."

 

"Sooyoung, It's Quidditch soon!" Jiwoo tilts her head to look at the older Slytherin, wanting a response.

 

"You're watching?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter