Unlikely friendship

Yellow looks good on you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Name," Sooyoung demands, arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed in agitations. "I said, name."

 

"D-Dean Winchester," Said the boy in a red scarf. He bites his thumb nervously, assuredly not living up to the Gryffindor name — or perhaps it's just Sooyoung's presence that scared him.

 

"It's past curfew, Dean." Her voice low, almost like a growl, and her glare, it was close to that of a predator which, to say, is one way to put it. She uncrossed her arms to rub the bridge of her nose where he flinched at her movement.

 

"I remember faces very well." She sighs. "So I'm only giving a warning for a first timer."

 

His face lit up, though that light is put out soon after when Sooyoung tells him that the next time she catches him, she'll deduct five points. That's how she keeps them in line. Cruel.

 

"Go back to your common room before I take five right now."

 

Dean bows his head and makes a break for it, leaving Sooyoung to sighs. "Some Gryffindor you are."

 

Back to her patrolling, she wanders, circling around, maybe, but really, all she needs to do is walk around without needing a destination and she'll either have a quiet night or having to tell off kids.

 

She turns the corner to find a Hufflepuff and yet another Gryffindor. "Christ, these kids just can't stay in their damn beds." She marches towards them, unknown to the Hufflepuff since their back are facing her.

 

"It's past curfew, why are you up?"

 

"Oh, I'm telling him to go back so." The Hufflepuff turns around with a big smile on her face, her prefect badge shining.

 

"Did you deduct points?"

 

"No, why? A warning is fine."

 

"This is her fifth time out this month alone." The brunette was about to open to argue, but Sooyoung cuts in. "Ten points from Gryffindor. Now go back to your common room."

 

She gulps and nods, running without looking back. Sooyoung then turns to the Hufflepuff beside her. "This is also the seventh time I catch you letting them off the hook, Jiwoo."

 

"They're just curious kids!"

 

"Keep letting off the hook and they'll do it more." She sighs, her eyes narrowed down into a glare though Jiwoo is oblivious to it. Sooyoung wonders how this girl was even chosen as a prefect, or is it just the Hufflepuffs?

 

"You're too harsh."

 

"And you're too lenient."

 

Jiwoo huffs, pouting like a kid, only making Sooyoung's furrowed brows dipped deeper. She dislikes how Jiwoo won't use any harsher punishment and how she doesn't seem very guilty for not doing her job correctly.

 

"How about this?" Sooyoung suggests, "We patrol together. Three warnings max."

 

Still pouting, Jiwoo reluctantly accepts. "Okay."

 

Smiling triumphantly, Sooyoung said, "Well then, I'll see you outside of potion classroom on Thursday
9:30pm."

 

Twice a week, patrol duties with Jiwoo.

— — — — —

Tapping her against the floor, she looks up for the fifth time within a minute, waiting for that Hufflepuff to show up around the corner. The chosen place of meeting isn't far from the Hufflepuff common room at all, in fact, it's halfway for both of them. In that quiet corridor, her feet make a continuous thumping sound until a running could be heard. Followed with,

 

"Sooyoung! Sorry, Jiwoo's a little late."

 

"Tone it down, you're loud." Apparent dismay, her frown dips a little deeper with a sigh. Her first night patrolling with Jiwoo is sure gonna be fun.

 

Honest to god, Sooyoung isn't that irritable, it's just she's still annoyed with Jiwoo letting so many people off the hook. But it'll go away. Eventually. Probably. Hopefully.

 

"You're a sixth year, right?" Jiwoo sends a smile.

 

"Yes, and you're a fifth year," Sooyoung replies. "Hope you studied for your exams."

 

"Oh, god, don't bring that up, I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter