To fall or to fly

Yellow looks good on you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taking a seat in her common room, she exhales softly, leaning back into the armchair after having been in dismissed. She sets her mug onto the table and stares out the window, watching between the silent flow of the lake and the fireplace's roaring flame.

 

By the time she gets released, it was already December, just two weeks before Christmas break. Two boring weeks where she can choose to either stay in the lonely and depressing common room or go home to an almost empty mansion with little warmth.

 

"Sooyoung." A fellow sixth year walks forward, giving no smile as a greeting, but of course, she never really expected one from many Slytherins. Although he wasn't unfriendly, just doesn't smile. If Slytherins even know how to smile beside to annoy others.

 

"What?"

 

"Oh, just wanted to tell you there was a fifth year running around, asking to borrow class notes ." He sinks into the sofa beside her, leaning forward on his thighs. "Jiwoo. You know her?"

 

"We patrol together." She picks up her mug, sipping the warm tea, wondering what in God's name does Adam wants with this information.

 

"Are you two dating."

 

Sooyoung chokes on her tea, coughing violently as she puts the mug down. "I'm—" Her coughing fits continues as she tries to speaks. "—Sorry. What??"

 

"Is that a yes?" He asks before waving his hands frantically in the air at the sight of the murderous glare. "I'm not saying it's wrong, I just wanna know."

 

"We're not dating." Sooyoung smacks her chests in hope to relieve the coughing, eyebrows furrowed into a frown. "Why?"

 

"It's just she was the first to run to you in the pit and even borrowed all my notes to copy it up."

 

"We're not dating, Adam."

 

"Then can you be my wingwoman?"

 

"No."

 

Surprised by Sooyoung answers, he blinks in disbelief and in confusion. There's nothing for her to lose, right? So why not? "But you sai—"

 

"No."

 

"Okay..." He sulks a little, walking away with a long sigh of defeat, leaving the fire.

 

She grabs the fire stick to pokes the dying flames before tossing in another log. "If you want something, get it yourself," Sooyoung mutters quietly under her breath, eyes not moving from the flame eating away the new fuel. "If you want someone, get them yourself."

 

She huffs before pushing herself up from the comfortable seat, leaving the half-finished tea behind and make her way to the door

 

"How many admirers do you have, Jiwoo?"

 

The even tempo of her steps echoes through the quiet dungeon, it's always dead down here with the Hufflepuff giving it some life. Sooyoung waits by the barrels for her patrol partner to appear.

 

"Sooyoungie!"

 

The usual nickname that the Sly became so used to brings a small smile on the edge of her lips. She greets the shorter girl with a show of hand.

 

Jiwoo skips chirpily and hi-five the open hand, resulting in a small giggle from the older girl before the Hufflepuff pulls the larger hand down and intertwined them with hers. It became a routine by now, Jiwoo and showing affection through skinship.

 

"Do you do this with everyone?" Sooyoung indicates to the hands.

 

"Not really? I do it with Chaewon sometimes but I always see her so I go with occasional hugs."

 

"You've never given me a hug."

 

Jiwoo laughs. "Do you want one?" She waits for a response, though the conflicted reaction on the Slytherin's face doesn't help in deciding. The younger girl gives one anyway.

 

"Stop, I have a reputation."

 

Jiwoo giggles before letting go. "But you let me hold hands."

 

"Your hands are warm." Just like Jiwoo's personality.

 

"Is it?"

 

"Maybe not for you. It is for me."

 

The night was louder than usual, having run into the seventh and eight students, one from at least every house but mostly Gryffindors. Either because they're brave or they're just stupid enough to get caught.

 

"A Slytherin and a Gryffindor." Her fingers tap an even beat on her folded arms, her brows raised with a smirk. "But to think it's someone I know."

 

The silver head laughs nervously, scratching behind her crimson ears, avoiding eye contacts or specifically the teasing looks from Sooyoung. "Ahaha..."

 

"I'd take your points but it's a warning."

 

"The three warnings system thing I heard about?"

 

"Yes, but before you two go." Sooyoung stops the couple. "What's your name?"

 

The Gryffindor frowns, pointing at herself in slight confusion. "Me?"

 

"Yes, I know your girlfriend but not you."

 

"Jinsoul," She replies, "I'm Jung Jinsoul."

 

"Ha Sooyoung — if you don't already know — a pleasure to meet you." She gives a nod. "Now off to your dorm." Before Jungeun could escape with Jinsoul, the older Slytherin shoots a look, demanding to know the story for this later.

 

The two prefects watched the couple jogs off, giggling with each other, hands intertwined between them. Jiwoo, on one hand, has a big smile on her face whereas Sooyoung, on the other hand, could only shake her head with a small grin at the edge of her lips.

 

"I can't believe her."

 

"That she wandered out?"

 

"That she didn't tell me she had a girlfriend!"

 

"Why, are you jealous??" Jiwoo lets out a laugh, echoing through the quiet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter