Two

Being Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day had come to its end and Tzuyu had been hoping to see Hwiyoung outside waiting for her like he always did but her heart sank knowing he wasn't there. She sighed holding onto the strap of her bag and walked out the building.

All her friends were on different schedules. Some went home after lunch or they went to the library to keep studying or went out for some fun. Unfortunately Tzuyu couldn't afford to have fun according to her mother and didn't want to disrespect her rules.

Sadly, it still broke when she grew feelings for the boy who has a gummy smile, making her heart race every time he smiled at her. It gave her butterflies in her stomach along with warmth inside.

Just before she had left the grounds of the campus, Tzuyu heard a loud laughter gaining her attention and she saw a group of boy that were familiar and one boy smiling wide showing his gums. Her heart reacted instantly knowing it belonged to him.

She stood in her place hoping for him to turn and stare at her.

She could've also called out to him.

But she didn't.

She stayed in her place slowly biting her bottom lip looking away from him. She didn't know what to do or say. She was the one who left his house that day. She managed to push herself forward to keep walking, holding onto hope.

- - -

"How's your ice cream?" Hwiyoung asked turning his head to his girlfriend eating her Strawberry ice cream in a cone.

"Amazing!" She smiled using her tongue to the sweet treat. "Yours?"

Hwiyoung showed his gummy smile at her. "Cold."

"Duh! Its ice cream!" Dawon spat out as he had been sitting across Tzuyu.

The young girl laughed at his remark and nodded knowing it was true.

Hwiyoung rolled his eyes. "Hey don't forget to treated you."

Dawon opened his mouth and then shut it within a second and ate his chocolate ice cream. He smiled innocently at the couple enjoying the sweet treat.

"Not to mention we are imposing on their date." Jaeyoon commented his Neapolitan ice cream in a cone.

"So?" Dawon shrugged his shoulders. "It's free ice cream! I can't pass it up."

"Actually you can." Juho came and sat down once he got his strawberry and vanilla mixed ice cream. "You had Hwiyoung pay for your ice cream and begged to tag along."

"That's only because once he gets serious with Tzuyu he won't have time for us anymore." The second oldest spoke out swallowing his ice cream but knew his comment affected the others.

Tzuyu leaned back pursing her lips together staring at her ice cream.

Hwiyoung saw her from the corner of his eyes and moved his leg kicking Dawon from under the table.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"Don't say such things in front of Tzuyu." Hwiyoung began to glare at him.

The other two boys stayed quiet watching the youngest get protective over his girlfriend.

"Besides, she isn't like that." He added to Dawon. "She knows my friends are important to me, just like her friends are important to her. Just because we are together it doesn't mean she will keep me for you guys. I wouldn't keep her from her friends. That's wrong and unfair."

Tzuyu turned her head towards Hwiyoung and felt a rush of warmth inside her appreciating all the kind words he said. It was true, she wouldn't keep him from his friends and he would understand if she wanted to hang out with her friends. It's a mutual understanding.

"Apologize to her." Hwiyoung spoke firmly to the boy older than him.

Dawon put his hands up in defeat. "Ok. Ok. Sheesh, I was only joking."

"I don't think they caught it as a joke." Juho spoke shaking his head before smacking the back of his head.

"Hey!"

Just then there was another sound from under the table and Dawon jolted from his seat groaning in pain.

"OW! WHAT THE HECK!" He glared at Hwiyoung holding onto his leg that was getting abused.

Hwiyoung widen his eyes at Dawon. "It wasn't me!"

"Yeah right!"

"It wasn't!" Hwiyoung argued back but the person next to him was smiling as she began eating her ice cream as if all was well again. "Tzuyu?"

She turned blinking her eyes innocently at him. "Yes?"

Jaeyoon stared at the couple in front of him for a moment and soon laughter came out. "Oh man, she's good!"

Dawon had no idea what he was talking about until he met eyes with Tzuyu who smirked at him. "Wait?...YOU KICKED ME!"

Juho and Hwiyoung stared at her with shocked expressions but smiled shortly after seeing how sly as fox the young girl was in front of him.

Tzuyu shrugged her shoulders. "You have no proof I did it."

"No one else kicked me but Hwiyoung! Of course it was you!"

Tzuyu was going to respond to his remark but instead, she saw Juho get Dawon's ice cream and shove it in his mouth making him stop talking for a good minute. Dawon made a sour face but it was because the ice cream was cold and he couldn't talk.

"Stop making a scene and eat your ice cream before it melts." Jaeyoon commented approving Juho's actions, feeding Dawon like a child to shut him up.

Dawon made a face trying to get his way but it wasn't working. The other two boys just laughed and patted his shoulders.

Hwiyoung leaned into Tzuyu and kissed her cheek. "I have a cheeky girlfriend, don't I?"

Tzuyu smiled at his remark, turning her head and kissed the tip of his nose making him show off his gummy smile she adored. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Pfft.. little savage Princess."

The smile on Tzuyu never left her face as she continued eating her sweet ice cream for the day.

- - -

As the steam from the tea was floating up it soon disappeared into thin air and all Tzuyu could do was think of Hwiyoung.

She would stare at his name on her phone in her contacts and hoped he would call or text. But nothing came through. She could've sent him a text or could've called him but she every time she tried, she would shut off the phone.

She ran her fingers through her hair groaning at herself.

Why is it so hard to call him?

I can't even send a simple text!

What if he is still mad at me?

Tzuyu shut her eyes as she leaned her elbows on the table, grabbing a small fistful of her hair tugging on it.

- - -

"Are we there yet?" Tzuyu asked behind Hwiyoung who sat in front of her while he drove his motorbike.

Hwiyoung chuckled under his helmet. "Almost!"

"You know I don't like surprises or anything with deep water!" Tzuyu held on tighter as he sped up going up a tall hill. "KIM YOUNGKYUN!"

He chuckled again ignoring her calling him by his real name. He kept his eyes on the road until he got to the perfect spot he found one time with his friends. He told himself one day, he would go back when he found the right girl he cared for and share it with her.

Tzuyu stared around the area and saw water from a distance but didn't think much of it. She kept holding on to him as close as she could and placed her left cheek on his right shoulder, resting. She knew it was difficult to hear anything knowing the gush of wind hitting her in the face and through her ears.

It wasn't long before they arrived. Hwiyoung parked the motorbike, putting the stand to support the bulky motorbike stand. He waited for a few seconds for Tzuyu to get off, take off her helmet and stand on her two feet but he didn't want her to take a look around just yet. There was something under them and knew she would panic the moment she found out. "Close your eyes."

"What?" Tzuyu shook her head lightly letting her chocolate brown hair fix itself as she had just gotten off the bike finally getting the feeling in her since it went numb from sitting a long while. She groaned not wanting to do so but she sighed following his instructions. "Fine, just make sure I don't fall. I did just get off the bike you know."

Hwiyoung quickly took off his helmet and placed it on his bike next to Tzuyu's. He rolled his eyes and went behind her putting one arm around her stomach pulling her close to his chest taking in her sweet apple and coconut mix. He used his other hand to cover her eyes and guide her slowly to the true destination. "Keep them close for three more seconds."

He smiled seeing the view and couldn't wait to see how Tzuyu would react to it. While waiting, she let her other senses distract her as she waited. Her ears perked up to hear a few things; birds chirping but they weren't birds, they were seagulls. She then took in a deep breath from her nostrils and smelled the salty a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter