Four

Being Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were never right words to help fix a relationship. A person can rehearse in their mind mentally thinking the speech will work but when you meet the person face to face, the mind goes blank and there isn't much to do about it.

Hwiyoung had written down lots of things to say to his girl but they all sounded silly.

"I went overboard..."

"About what happened? I-"

"I shouldn't have yelled at you... "

Importantly, he just needed to apologize and make it right. He missed her. He missed holding her hands that fit nicely with his, he miss holding her in his arms, he missed her scent and when he back hugged her and laughed into her neck making her blush.

He put his head back as he leaned against the wall waiting for her class to end. He got out early and went straight to her classroom. He heard his friends calling out, but he ignored them.

Hwiyoung closed his eyes biting his bottom lip as he waited a few more minutes outside the room. He knew she came out the back door to avoid the cowards.

He ran his fingers through his wavy hair trying to calm himself from thinking negative. He didn't want to give up on their relationship. He loves her. He had to tell her, she had the right to know and she had the right to learn to swim or not. It wasn't up to him.

Hwiyoung heard the front door open and a few people came out talking amongst themselves. Some students opened the back door and that made him straighten up from his spot as he held onto the single strap of his bag, watching the students leave.

He averted his eyes to the front door and saw the professor leave with his things.

Where is she?

Did she not come?

Should I text one of guys to see if they saw her?

Or ask someone from her class if she came?

"Come on! Double date with us? Haru won't mind." The male student spoke out to his friend who was smirking biting his bottom lip. "You can ditch us later with your girlfriend. I'm sure she won't mind that."

Just when his friend was about to respond, Hwiyoung cut him off. "Excuse me?"

The two boys stopped walking and averted their eyes to him. Before either of the three boys could answer, they each took a moment staring at each other. The male students looked familiar and Hwiyoung couldn't remember where.

Where have I seen him?

He opened his mouth so he wouldn't keep talking since the one looked impatient.

"Hwiyoung?"

Hwiyoung averted his eyes to the sound of his name and saw Tzuyu looking up at him but she wasn't surprised or anything. She was holding onto the two straps of her bag as she slowly walked into the hallway.

"Oh! This is the boyfriend right?" One of male students smiled at Tzuyu in a friendly manner. "The one that has stolen the meimei's heart?"

Tzuyu felt her cheeks burning and shoved the tall male away. "Jackson mind your business!"

He chuckled looking at his friend and stared up at Hwiyoung. "I hope you're treating her well. If you hurt her, you'll meet my fist."

"Jackson!"

Tzuyu gawked at him and pushed him some more hoping their friend would get the message. He did and pulled Jackson away from the couple.

"Thanks Mark."

He gave her a wink and kept walking with Jackson in a headlock.

As the two boys left, Hwiyoung took this chance to say something to Tzuyu but when she turned her head to him, she caught his breath. He stared at her up and down checking her outfit, white converse, and an oversize white shirt with no sleeves.

She was showing her slender smooth legs that he enjoyed touching when they are making out and he would move her leg around his waist pulling her closer. He would brush his finger tips on her legs and thighs making her shiver as their tongues would meet as it got heated.

"Hello?"

Hwiyoung saw her hand in front of his face bringing him back to reality. He swallowed hard knowing he was thinking about her in a passionate way instead of taking care of what was important. He stared at her outfit again it was practically a dress with probably nothing underneath.

"If you don't have anything to say, I'm leaving for class." Tzuyu crossed her arms waiting for Hwiyoung to say something but he never did. He went into his own mind. She had no idea what he was thinking but the time was ticking and she couldn't afford to be late.

When she saw him waiting for her, her heart began to race and all she wanted to do was run into his arms and hug him tightly and never let go. She wanted to talk to him about her video call with her mother and tell him she loves him.

She didn't want to fight or be in their current situation again. It was painful and all she did was miss him and think of good memories together.

But instead her friend became a protective older brother and was being silly. Thankfully Mark was around to pull Jackson away from making the scene worse.

Tzuyu waited long enough and turned, leaving Hwiyoung in his place. "Bye Hwiyoung."

In that moment, Hwiyoung heard the words leave and started going after her. He felt his chest tighten and didn't want to feel like that again. He quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the building. He had no idea where he could take her but he found a spot between the buildings that's not usually checked by the campus security.

Hwiyoung pulled Tzuyu to lean against the wall and before she could speak, he went first. "I'm sorry Princess. I shouldn't have forced you to learn to swim. It was selfish of me to think you could learn it within the hour and that's not how it works. It takes time and a lot of patience. Someone like you who has the fear of water, it will take a bit longer and I should be understanding. It should be your choice to make. Not mine."

Tzuyu closed for when she wanted to speak out but he cut her off. She bit her bottom lip, taking in his apology.

"Also," He cupped one side of her face with his hand, closing the gap between them. "I shouldn't have yelled at you and you were never the problem. It was me. I pushed you and as your boyfriend. I had no right."

Tzuyu could feel a slight pain building in . His sweet words were breaking her heart in a good way. She looked down because she didn't want to face him. She didn't want him to worry, but it was too late.

"Princess?" He used his other hand to cup her face and lifted her head for their eyes to meet. "Please tell me why you're crying because its tears of joy."

Tzuyu laughed as the tears went down her cheeks. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have gotten mad the way I did. You were trying to help and I took it personal."

Hwiyoung shook his head. "No its good you took it personal. That's your personal fear and I pushed you and didn't help like I should have."

"I guess we're both at fault." She whispered but he heard it.

"No. I take the blame. All of it." He leaned in to kiss the top of her head. "I'm sorry Princess."

She moved into his chest and wrapped her arms around his waist. He let go of her face and hugged her tightly. He felt his heart relax and happy knowing they patched things up. He never wanted to feel uneasy again.

It's a messy feeling and uncomfortable.

Tzuyu let a few tears go down and rubbed her face into his chest before she pulled back. "Hwi-"

He cut her off a second time pressing his lips against hers as she moved back using the wall of the building for support. He held her face with his hands kissing her softly and gently. He felt her arms still around his waist as the continued to kiss for another minute before pulling apart.

"I love you." Hwiyoung whispered as their lips brushed around each other and he didn't give her a chance to talk. He kissed her again taking in her upper lip between his, pressing his body up against hers. She had become a sandwich.

He... loves me?

He loves me!

Hwiyoung loves me!

Her thoughts where nothing but happiness but another thought came to her mind.

"Spare yourself a heartbreak and end it."

The voice of her mother's words. Tzuyu pushed Hwiyoung again before it got carried away.

"What's wrong?" He her cheek with his thumbs. "If it's about you not being able to tell me 'I love you' back. Its fine, I can-"

"No. Its' not that." Tzuyu finally got to cut him off. She remembered her conversation with her mother from last night. The pain from was building again. She removed her hands from his waist and covered her face. She cried into her hands not wanting him to see her this way.

Being heartbroken when she didn't want to do it.

She didn't want to break up with him.

She loves him.

I have to tell him.

I can't keep this from him.

Hwiyoung felt confused. He didn't know what was going on. They patched things up but she was still in tears.

Clearl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter