Mystery Guy

Your Lineage, Our Lineage, A New Lineage

Jeno POV
The moment I opened my eyes this morning I knew something was off. I couldn’t help the odd feeling brewing in my gut. As I put makeup on and change to my ‘professional’ clothes, the odd feeling grew. I walked down the staircase to the dining room. Mr. Winfield already making my tea. Though I did not see Mark anywhere. I looked at the clock on the far side of the dining room and it read “7:15” A bit early for Mark to go to work. I sat down on my usual spot, the right side next to my husband’s ‘Master’ chair. Mr. Winfield places the plate of food in front of me and pours the tea on to my cup. “Thank you, Mr. WInfield.”, I said gleefully at the butler. “No need to thank me, Mr.Lee, it is my job and no need to be so formal”, He responds. “And no need to be formal either, Arnold, though my husband seems to be absent, do you have any idea where he had gone?”, I questioned him. His smile faltered for a split second, then returned, though more forced. 

  “Master Lee had an errand to partake, though nothing that would concern you” He responds. I look at him and knew that he is hiding something, Mark must’ve told him not to tell me. That means it must be important. “Are you sure it’s none of my concern, if it’s dealing with my husband, I do believe I should be told everything, don’t you think so, Arnold”, I ask again. This time he seems to be nervous, but he still refuses to tell me. “Please Arnold, I need to know, I don't like it when secrets are kept from me, especially when it is something with Mark, even if we don't see eye to eye, I want to make sure he is safe and not harming himself, is it about Jaemin or is it the Kims? Have they taken extreme actions? Arnold please”, I begged him, I really need to know what my husband is doing, no matter what transpired the night before, I don't want any harm on him or anyone else.”I'm sorry Mr. Lee but, Ms.Anderson had an injury this morning and is currently in the hospital”, Arnold says and looks away from me. He gives me the address and goes to call our driver. 

3rd Person POV
Mark sits up as the door bursts open. His eyes widen as he sees his husband burst through. “What are you doing here”, Mark asks looking annoyed. “If you have to know, I'm here to see if Lily is alright and to know if the baby is alive, can’t have your future heir dead”, Jeno responses nonchalantly. Angering Mark even further.
 “Of course you only care about the baby, Lily got injured and all you care about is the baby, dammit Jeno, put your hatred aside because I have to go to a meeting and need you to care for-”, Jeno interrupts Mark mid-sentence. “Arent the nurses here to take care of her, why do I have to do it”, Jeno says sitting down on the chair far on the corner in the room. “Jeno do this one thing for me”. Mark says tiredly. Getting up from his seat and sighs before leaving the room without uttering another word. Once the door closes behind him. Jeno turns to Lily, who opens up her eyes and sits up from her bed.

 “Good job, what did you do to get ‘injured’, Jeno asks. The women on the bed pull out a bag of fake blood. “I faked my scar reopening”, She utters not looking up at Jeno. “Well, Here is your new passport, ID and cash, remember to leave before 12 or else your new boss won’t be pleased”, Jeno gives her the items and suitcase of money. He turns to leave but stops when Lily calls out to him. “Do you really hate me so much that you would drive away Mark’s only heir”, She says looking directly at Jeno. “Who says I'm driving Mark’s heir away, you’ve read the contract didn’t you, the child a Lee and will remain with us, though you will not, once he is born, he will be given to me, with a little note on the side, the only person leaving is you”, Jeno retorts. He opens the door and leaves. A smile gracing his face, knowing that he had taken care of one problem, or so he thought. 

  After leaving the hospital. Jeno went on a shopping spree. Buying new clothes, jewelry, makeup and high-tech gadgets. He walks through the streets, smiling to himself. He suddenly stops when he notices a store, a baby shop. He enters the small shop and couldn’t help but coo and squeal at all the little clothes and toys in the shop. He picks up a small little tux and is entranced. He pulls the tux over his heart and without knowing lets a single tear fall down his cheek. He is interrupted by a cough. He turns around a sees a young but tall man standing over him. “Hey, are you okay”, The man asks concern filling his deep voice. Jeno looks at the stranger in surprise. The man points to his face. “You’re crying, is something wrong?”, He asks. Jeno touches his face and indeed he has tears streaming down his face. He wipes them away and looks away from the man. His cheeks growing hot and he blushes. “I'm fine, thank you for your concern but, there is no need to worry”, He responses slightly stuttering the words. The man doesn’t look convinced. He grabs the small tux from Jeno’s hands and goes to the cashier. Moments later he returns with a small package. “Here a small gift”, He smiles and turns to walk away. Jeno calls out to him. “What is your name”, He asks the tall man. Said man turns around a huge grin on his face. “Lucas”, He responses before leaving the shop disappearing in the night. Jeno looks down at the package in his hands. A smile carved in his face. He walks out of the shop with a skip to his step. He pulls the package to his chest and squeezes the box, causing a folded paper to drop from the box. He bends down and picks up the paper. He unfolds it and reads, ‘I’m lucky to see an angel today, hopefully, that luck continues with a phone call XXX-XXX-XXX,   XOXO, Lucas!’ He smiles at the message. He is definitely going to call later.