Welcome to the Lee's

Your Lineage, Our Lineage, A New Lineage

Jeno's POV

"How could you do this to us, Mark!", I yell at my supposed husband as he walks through the doors. It was currently two in the morning and I knew exactly where he was. "Did you have any idea how this can reflect on you or this family, Mark, You are running for office now, we can't allow anyone to find about your dark past, after all the work I did to bury it", I continue. Though i was surprised by his rather angry outburst. "Yea, cause I'm the only one with a dark history, I wonder how Jaemin was, tell me, dear wife, WAS HE BETTER, HUH, TELL ME, , WOULD YOU PREFER HIM!" I couldn't believe him, he knows i only did that for him. I felt tears prick my eyes but i wipe them away.

 "You know exactly that i don't, you know that i only did that to help you but if that is how you feel... I will inform Mr. Winfield to arrange the guest room, I don't want you to lay with a harlot like myself", I utter those words in a low tone feeling tired. I turn around and head upstairs to the master bedroom. 

 Sometimes i regret accepting The Lee's offer to marry there son. Giving my freedom and love away so my family could have food on their table. Though i didn't foresee what would happen. At first it was quite lovely. When i first met The Lee's i felt respect for the first time, though now i know it was a trick, I was given the offer and accepted without a second thought, wish i took that second to think. I was invited to dinner and met Mark. He was were a very expensive navy linen suit. He was and still is attractive. He smiled at me and we conversed and found common interests. The first month was amazing. I felt loved and the luxury i was given helped. Mark was romantic, though a bit awkward. He showered me in gifts and spoiled me in his affection, his pickup lines though is something i would like to forget. The best part was how easily he trusted me, how we shared our stories, our struggles, our darkness with each other. We talked about everything and we never hid anything for each other, at least I thought that was the case. The wedding was EXTRAvagant, but that was expected from The Lee's. The most powerful family in Korea. The wedding was held in the manor, it was both traditional and modern, We both wore hanboks though Mark's was mostly black with white accents and mine was completely white. That night i fully shared everything with him. He began with my heart, making me fall for him. He continued with my soul, sharing my darkness with him and he ended with my body, giving him everything for us to become one. 

  After that night I was into a new world. The love i left slowly dwindled. I learned new and darker secrets but it wasn't shared for trust but rather to bind me with him. I was his and i felt trapped. I learned that the Lee's were corrupt. They were paying gangs to control people, they bribed the justice system to hide their crimes, they took over the media to bury their bad stories. They weren't the upstanding, "giving" citizens everyone thought they were. I once glorified them. From the stories i heard about them starting out as peasants and created an economic empire due to hard work, and the stories about them giving back to communities. Was all a sham. Their origins were based on theft, they stole identities and ideas from others to build that empire, and now they continue to do it to expand and protect it. Though now they hid it behind "charity events" and "Community unification". When in fact they are bribes and control. I admired them, i wished to be like them. 

 I guess i should have been careful with my wish. Since i became one of them. On about ten months in my "stay" with the Lee's I threaten to come out with all their baggage, I went up to Mark and told him that if he didn't divorce me I would go to the public. It didn't end well. Upon my announcement, he was calm. He simply told me, "Go on, but I can't promise your safety or your families safety for that matter", he said those words with a cold voice and continued to drink his liquor. From that day i learned that i could never live. Every day i felt myself becoming more like them. I don't know when I was fully a Lee, but I knew that after I became one, I signed the contract to the devil and I could never leave the family because once you become a Lee, another Lee will have enough information to destroy you. Because once you join the family you are stuck, else you would face mutually assured destruction. Though i could care less about that. Another effect of becoming a Lee. You lose all emotion, you don't feel. Because then the enemy will have the upper hand. The Lee's didn't become powerful through genuine smiles and joyful laughs. They control people, they don't befriend them. 

 It's been nearly 5 years since i joined this family. I've done so much, the dark past continues to grow. From bribing to protect my husband to seducing his enemies. My whole life revolves around him, but now that their is a new addition. I now have a chance to change this family around, Because this new child will continue The Lee's lineage and I will not allow him to follow down the same path as his predecessors, He will be different, even if he isn't mine, even if he is born from an affair, It doesn't matter if he doesn't share any of my blood or if he is illegitimate. Because now he is our future, he will bring change to this godforsaken family or he will destroy it. I could care less, he will not be One of the Lee's, he will bring forth a new family and i will help him do that, cause the Lee's will all be destroyed including me. No Lee will taint this new Lineage.